fourteen

Aren't You Tired?

(quick a/n: i gave you guys a double update because i didn't update in 3 weeks so make sure you read both fourteen and fifteen :))

Lee Jinki just watched as Myungsoo got hoisted onto Mr. Shin's back and taken away to an ambulance where he would soon be taken to the nearby hospital. He ran his fingers through his hair and took off his glasses, wiping the smudges off of them with his blazer sleeve before putting them on and shoving his hands into his pockets, leaving the room. He realised that it would raise more suspicion if he stayed in the room so he decided to go back to class. When he did arrive, he just sunk into his seat, trying not to bring any attention to himself but, of course, the eyes of Dongwoo and Soojung glued onto him as he made his way to his desk on the fourth row.

Soojung bit the inside of her cheek and placed her pencil on the table, deciding to look outside of the window. There was an ambulance driving away from a herd of teachers while sounding its alarm. Her stomach became more uneasy as she forced herself to look away and focus on what Mr. Han was teaching. He had finished explaining within the next few minutes and instructed all of the students to turn to page 264 of the mathematics textbook. It was the topic she hated the most - Algebra.

As soon as the class became eerily silent and were focusing on their studies (with few exceptions), Mr. Han left to go to the staff room (probably to catch up on his sleep). Dongwoo threw his pencil onto his table and got up out of his seat, making his way towards Soojung's.

"Let's go." He got hold of her wrist, tugging it.

"Why?" She muttered, using her other hand to continue solving the math problem. Getting annoyed, he grabbed her pencil and flicked it at Choi Minho who angrily turned around.

"Who th-" He began, turning around at meeting eyes with Dongwoo. “Right." He turned back around, letting it pass after seeing the steam coming out of Dongwoo's ears.

"Just come with me for s sake, Soojung." He spat and Soojung stood up, not wanting to cause a bigger commotion. She shook free of his hand and signalled him to start walking so she could follow him. Jinki scoffed slightly as he heard the door close and Hoya stared at Onew.

"I hope you didn't do anything wrong, Onew." Hoya quietly said under his breath just so that Jinki could hear. There wasn't a response but the silence was enough to know that there was tension in the room - even after Dongwoo had left.

---

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

Soojung rolled her eyes and felt the immediate cold breeze as soon as she stepped out of the school building. She noticed that Dongwoo came fully prepared and already had a backpack slung over his shoulder as he continued walking, his shoulder tensed from the cold temperature. Dongwoo took his phone out of his pocket after feeling a sudden vibration and saw that he had a missed call. Pausing at the kerb, he dialled the unknown number back, making Soojung wait by his side.

"You called? Yes, that's me. Great, what room? Did my father say anything?" That's all he said before hanging up and continuing to walk.

"Who was tha-" She began to ask before biting her tongue. Asking him who it was would be considered an invasion of privacy to Dongwoo and Dongwoo wasn't the type of person to laugh it off. "Where are we going?" She asked him for the second time.

Dongwoo paused for a moment before answering her. "To the hospital down the road, where else?"

"But why are we going there?"

"There's someone we need to see."

"Who?"

"Look, don't you think you're asking a few too many questions here, Soojung? Please be quiet." Dongwoo clenched his jaw. And so his angry side appears once again. Soojung thought while she struggled to keep up with his fast walking pace. The feeling between the two was thick and she had goose bumps from the cold.

Dongwoo suddenly stopped walking, almost making Soojung collide into his back. Hissing in annoyance, he took his bag off and opened the zip to pull out a long, thick, brown scarf. He turned around and threw it onto Soojung. She stood still as he zipped his back up and began walking. She didn't know how to react - a hoodie a week back and now a scarf? You're a weird person, Jang Dongwoo. 

Trying to keep up with him, she walked towards his left. The pavement was split into two: the bicycle lane and the walking lane. She was now on the brink of the bicycle lane.

"Dong-" She called out for him but a bicycle suddenly speeded towards her. Time seemed to go in slow motion as Soojung crashed into Dongwoo's chest from the sudden shock. Dongwoo stood there, resting her weight on him, not sure what to do. The bicycle flew past them as she quickly regained her balance and began quickly walking again, flustered. Dongwoo regained his composure and easily caught up to her with his long, effortless strides. There was an awkward silence until they were only a minute walk away from the hospital. It must have been around the end of school by now as the orange sun was setting and students from other schools began occupying the streets.

"Aren't you going to say something about needing to burn your uniform?" Soojung piped up.

"I thought it would be rude to state the obvious."

"Thanks for your consideration." Her voice died down with every syllable. She was more than thankful to escape the discomfort when they entered the double doors of the large hospital.