fifteen

Aren't You Tired?

(quick a/n: i gave you guys a double update because i didn't update in 3 weeks so make sure you read both fourteen and fifteen :))

After a brief talk with the receptionist, Dongwoo led Soojung to a waiting room where they sat down in silence. Twenty minutes passed until a nurse came out of a room with a clip board, saying that the patient was ready for visitors. Up to this moment, Soojung still didn't know who they were visiting. She just wanted to go home now.

She lazily got up and trailed behind Dongwoo into the hospital room, who walking over to the bed to see a person under the bedsheets whose eyes were half awake. Soojung didn't pay much attention and slumped herself into the chair two metres away. Dongwoo dismissed her actions as he got his backpack and got out a kimbap, juice box and apple. Tossing them onto the patient’s lap, he said:

"I know you're awake, now eat." He sat on the bedside table.

"Dongwoo! You do care about me!" The boy exclaimed with a baby voice, getting up and grinning at Dongwoo.

"Myungsoo!" She got up, rushing over to him. "What the happened?"

"So now you care." Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

"Who's this...?" Myungsoo looked at Dongwoo.

"Shut up." Dongwoo replied.

"You could have at least played along." He pouted, giggling.

"Myungsoo! Who did this?" Soojung asked him again, moving his fringe to look at the bandage tightly wrapped around his head. There was a dark red patch on the right, making Soojung worried.

"I don't know..." He tilted his head; he grabbed her hand and played with her fingers. Dongwoo got up and went to the end of the bed, reading a clipboard:

Kim Myungsoo was put under anaesthetic on the request of his guardian because he refused to take a medical check-up inside his body for any blood clots. Suffering mild mood swings.

"Then why did the nurse say this kid was ready for visitors for God's sake." Dongwoo muttered. Soojung looked up, asking what it said and groaned when he repeated what was written down.

Soojung bit her lip, looking Myungsoo who was staring at her.

"Soojungie... you're really pretty!" He smiled, poking her nose. Dongwoo's stomach churned and Soojung tried to save herself from cringing.

"Shut up, Myungsoo." Soojung raised her eyebrows, "You're drugged up right now; you don't know what you're saying right now." She received a pout from Myungsoo. Deciding it was hopeless to even try to talk to him, she dragged the chair she sat in earlier closer to the bed, sitting in it. The phone in her pocket vibrated and she opened it to see a text message from her sister, Jessica.

Jessica: Where are you? Parents are starting to shout, you better hurry up home or text them an excuse, idiot.

Reluctantly, she texted her parents a lame reason for not being home - something to hide the fact that she was in a room with two boys. She looked up from her phone to Myungsoo whose eyes were fluttering to a close. "Dongwoo, when are we going to leave?" She spun her phone with her fingers.

"Leave whenever you want, I'm going right now." Dongwoo got his backpack and started walking towards to door.

"Wait, I’ll go too!" She shouted after him but he didn't take notice as the door closed. She shrugged, walking up to Myungsoo and pulling the duvet up to him. She turned the lamp light off and looked at him one last time. "I'm going to go now. Recover quickly." She whispered, pulling her knee socks higher. Myungsoo looked like an angel when he was asleep but he was such a nuisance when he was awake. Soojung found it funny.

Ready to walk out, her forearm suddenly got pulled back. Within a split second, she found her body on a bed in the dark with her eyes locked with Myungsoo's. All you could hear was heavy breathing as their faces remained only a few centimetres away from each other.

"Please... don't leave." He breathed out, his eyes glistening. He wasn't acting cute anymore, the look in his eyes were desperate as Soojung took a few seconds to read the expression on his face. She found herself unable to speak. In front of her was a boy focusing on nothing except for her. He was a patient who needed care and attention but all he could do was look at her. Soojung was hot and shuffled for only a few second to get comfortable but Myungsoo’s grip on her became loose. "It’s okay, Soojung.  It's okay."

"What is?"

"If you want to go home."

Her actions weren't her own anymore, they were all subconscious. She found herself softly shaking her head as Myungsoo smiled softly. He got closer to her, planting a slow kiss on her forehead. She closed her eyes shut, not knowing how to react. She didn't want to leave his grasp and she didn't want him to leave either. Time stood still and the she opened her eyes to see a sleeping Myungsoo in front of her, his hands on her (now rosy) cheeks. She kicked her shoes off and nuzzled her head into the pillow, deciding it was no use to leave. It's not like she was sure she wanted to go home anyways. It's all because he's under anaesthetic, Soojung. It's because of that and only that. Just don't get angry at him for it. It's not he's even aware of his actions.

Myungsoo was the sick one but why was it Soojung's forehead that was hot?

---

Dongwoo plugged his earphones in, making his way back to the classroom. It was roughly 6pm now. Soojung probably forgot her bag and coat because of me. The least I could do is return it to her. He opened the classroom door and made his way to her desk, only to find that her belonging weren't there anymore. He shrugged, concluding the school probably took them to the office. She can get it herself tomorrow.

He sat down in his seat, putting his feet up on his desk. He called his father, wanting to tell him that he was going to be late. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Father?"

"What? Where's the kid?" He hastily asked as soon as the call connected.

"You mean Myungsoo?" His voice was distraught - he hated it when his father only ever mentioned Myungsoo, even in a direct conversation with only Dongwoo and his Dad. "He's doing something... for the school committee." He cleared his throat, satisfied with his lie before he noticed something. "You didn't know?"

"Why would I? I'm not that crazy of a person to put twenty four-seven surveillance on him." Mr. Jang said with a deep voice. He knitted his eyebrows; something wasn't adding up.

"Right."

"Is that it? Why did you call me?"

"I just wanted to say I'll be home a little late, Father."

"Okay."

"Don’t you want to know wh-" The line was cut off with a screeching beep, making Dongwoo frustrated. He squeezed his phone to vent out his anger.

Choosing to let go of it and remain calm, he opened up a social networking site. Scrolling down, he read some news posts along with updates on sports - everything he usually browsed through to kill time. His pastime was suddenly interrupted with an alert that someone had shared a photo specifically for him. Curious, he clicked the notification. He scowled when he saw it was a blurry photo from Lee Jinki.

In the photo, there were two people in an alleyway, talking. One had an angry expression and another was laughing.

He got another notification. It was another photo.

In the same place, with the same people, someone was now on the floor and the other one was looking down at him.

One look at Dongwoo could instantly recognise one of the men as Jonghyun but the other man struck him dumbfounded.

Lee Jinki: You know who these people are, right?

Jang Dongwoo: Why would I?

Lee Jinki: Think harder, Dongwoo.

Jang Dongwoo: I don’t care, off and stop messaging me.

Lee Jinki: You'll realise who the other one is in a few minutes. You'll thank me for showing you when you realise.

Dongwoo sat there, scratching the back of his head, not wanting to bother with Onew. He closed the application, thinking hard.

Grabbing his phone, he looked at the picture again, focusing on the person. Tall, straight hair, slim body. His eyes widened once he had a guess to he was although however impossible it could have been. It can't be... He zoomed in on him, his lips parting by a few millimetres. He wasn't even sure if it was the man he thought it was but he instantly clicked on Jinki's profile to see his location. That idiot needs to learn how to edit his privacy settings. He was right beside Han River towards the west of Seoul.

He put his phone down, contemplating whether he wanted to check his doubts. His eyes twitching, he resisted his urge to go down to the river.

Unbelievable. 

Dongwoo rubbed his eyes, leaning back in his chair.

He's back.