six

Aren't You Tired?

Jung Soojung was sitting upright on her bed with the family laptop resting on her thighs as she quickly typed numerous long paragraphs about the Joseon Dynasty for the project that Mr. Han had instructed her class to complete in groups. Earlier, she had received an email for Kim Myungsoo saying that they should work together. She was mentally agreed although she didn't send him a reply. However, she still decided to work on the tiresome project with both of their names plastered on the cover despite knowing Myungsoo probably wouldn't help her with anything.

Struggling after merely writing five paragraphs generalizing the dynasty for only 45 minutes, she sighed and lied down on her back looking up at the dimly lit celling. She was about to take a nap until she heard the front door open and her mother greeting someone unexpected. Soojung's eyebrows became knitted as she heard her mother and father squeal in delight as they realised who they were talking to, their footsteps indicated that they were probably going to the living room. Sighing, the girl sat up again and plugged her headphones into the laptop and placed them on her head, deciding to listen to some BIGBANG before continuing to write more.

"The Kingdom of Joseon was a Korean kingdom founded by Yi Seonggye that lasted for approximately five centuries, from July 1392 to October 1897. It was officially renamed the Korean Empire in October 1897. It was founded following the aftermath of the overthrow of G-" She read out loud for what seemed like the fifth time since she had wrote it before getting interrupted by her wooden bedroom door creaking open, revealing her impatient mother.

"Yah, Soojung. Get off that computer, a guest came here to see you. He's a boy in your class. Treat him well, he's right here." She hissed with a forced smiled as she turned to the boy behind him Kim Myungsoo? She wondered.

The door fully opened, revealing a boy in a black jumper baggy ripped blue jeans, staring right at her.

"Thank you for letting me in, mother, it was so nice to be introduced to my girlfriend's mother for the first time." Soojung's mother blushed slightly before giving him way to enter the room. "I'll take care of her and leave your home by 8 o'clock." He smiled, shaking her hand.

"Its okay, Jang Dongwoo-ssi, go whenever you like. I'm so glad she's with a good boy like you. Isn't your father the CEO of the big travel agent firm? Make sure we can all meet together one day." Mrs. Jung waved as she turned her back and left the room, closing the door and leaving the two alone in Soojung's bedroom.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" Soojung stuttered, shifting so that she was further away from him. "How do you know where I live?"

Dropping his backpack onto the floor, Dongwoo suddenly came towards the bed quickly and shut her laptop down and swiped it off the duvet, causing it to crash on the floor. "Did you seriously think that I would just let you off after what you did to me yesterday?" He scoffed, quickly pushing her down and putting himself on top of her. Soojung was breathless and her breathing hitched as she looked up to Dongwoo who was glowering at her with dead eyes. "Aish, seriously." He hissed, lowering his head so the distance between them grew smaller.

Looking up and down her body, his eyes stopped when he realised that her stomach was showing because her shirt had been pulled up. Frozen, he began getting flustered at the sight of her on the bed, with him on top of him, with some of her bare body exposed. Sure, Dongwoo was the jerk of Nabi High school and played with every girl's heart but getting them both up to this stage in which they were on a bed was something new for him. Sighing, he looked back at her frightened face and hissed as he got off her. Sitting upright beside the girl lying down and still expressionless, he grabbed his backpack and zipped it open, revealing a dozen history textbooks. Reluctantly, he poured them all out of his bag onto the space in front of him.

"You know about the Joseon project right? Do all of it and put our names on it - screw the idea of you and someone else working together straight away." He commanded, avoiding her gaze. Getting off the bed and closing his bag, he walked towards the door and looked back at her before leaving. Soojung, despite it had already been a full 4 minutes since the whole Dongwoo-being-on-top-of-her thing had happened, was still lying down with her eyes wide open and not moving an inch. Her top was still showing her stomach. Dongwoo rolled his eyes before taking his jumper off, revealing his grey tight tank top and large biceps; He threw it to her along with the words,

"My mother always used to say that it's dangerous to show off parts of body that are usually covered by clothes. And don't bother giving me the jumper back; it’s touched you so it's filthy now."

"Okay." She breathed out her one word response as he walked out of her room. Catching her breath, she suddenly sat up and looked at the door that had been previously slammed shut by Dongwoo.

Soojung curled her fingers into a fist as she heard her mother and father send him off with a cheery tone in their voices, as if they were already his son.

What a . Soojung thought as she picked up a textbook and began flickering through the crisp white pages although she couldn't push the thoughts of him on top of her out of her mind.