three

Aren't You Tired?

Jang Dongwoo's eyes widened at Myungsoo who was staring at him with a deadly expression - if looks could kill, Dongwoo would be on the floor motionless. He quickly covered his shock with an apathetic expression, his hand still on Soojung's wrist as he unexpectedly crashed his lips onto hers, ignoring her squirms for him to stop. With a heavy breath, he finally stopped, looked at Soojung dead in the eyes then directed his gaze at Myungsoo.

"I'm just kissing my girlfriend, silly." He cooed, forcefully turning her around and hugging her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. Myungsoo clenched his fists slightly, stepping further into the tense room and walking right up to the 'lovers'. Placing the lunchbox and flowers onto the floor, he placed one of his hands on each of their shoulders and suddenly tore them apart.

"Soojung, I need to talk to your boyfriend so I reckon it's best for you to leave..." Myungsoo weakly smiled at her, "See you at school... whatever time you get there."

Soojung nodded and walked quickly towards the door, her face scrunching up in disgust now that they could only see her back. She covered with her hand, starting to tear up as she calmly walked through the door and slammed it shut. Although Dongwoo was the main reason of most of the bruises on her body, her first kiss with him must have been the biggest bruise of them all. 

"I swear to god if you're even one ing second late, your life in Nabi high school is done for."

"From now on, Jeonbog, you're my little slave and I ing own you."

As she replayed all of the sick jerk's words that he whispered in her ear, she found her steps growing smaller and smaller and slower and slower as she began breaking down mentally. I'm such a ing , I cry every time anyone speaks to me. What a ing loser. A loud 'bing!' suddenly interrupted her thoughts, drawing her attention towards her phone.

Unknown number: Time is ticking, only a handful of hours until we meet at six.

Unknown number: Remember what I said would happen if you don't show up...

She shivered and quickly saved his number as 'Bastard' so she could recognise it later on. As her mind began to wonder off, Soojung's steps suddenly turned into rapid running as she shoved her cheap phone back into her pocket, not wanting to read any more potential messages he could send her. Dongwoo had the number of every single girl in the entire school, even if you had never even spoke to him. And that, might Soojung add, terrified her. By the time she had burst open the front door and entered her living room breathless, she was wet because of the pouring rain outside. Covering her eyes with her soaked blazer sleeve, she quickly muttered 'I'm back.' and ran to her room only to shove her face into her pillow and plunge herself into sleep, dreaming about what would happen tomorrow.

---

Soojung yawned as her burdensome alarm began yelling at her to wake up at 5:15 sharp. She quickly pressed the dismiss button and lightly got up from her bed, still in her school uniform from last night. It seemed to have been more or less dry now but she noticed her bed sheets had damp patches from her clothes and such. Grabbing a comb, she opened her basic black compact mirror and began trying to make her hair neat even though it looked beyond impossible to tame. She tiptoed to the bathroom and washed her face, scowling at her appearance in the large mirror. Her eyes were swollen and red with dark eye bags below them to complete her messy look. She had never really learned how to apply makeup so she just left it how it was. People wouldn't notice if I made an effort anyway. She thought as she grabbed her backpack and threw it on her back before making her way downstairs. By then, it was 5:30 o'clock. 

The whole house was quiet with only the tick-tocking of the old wall clock to accompany her. She flinched when the white bread in the toaster popped out; looking around in case her tired parents woke up because of the loud mechanism. She quickly got it and shoved it in her dry mouth, trying to fit her leather school shoes on her small feet. Shut up, shut up, shut up. She repeated in her mind as her vibrating phone began to spontaneously move in her pocket.

She sarcastically smiled as she saw what was probably a text from ‘Bastard’ pop up on her lock screen. She read the two words 'I'm waiting.' and turned her phone off. She looked outside the window to see that the sky was still a dark colour with frost on the few patches of grass outside the door. She locked her door carefully and turned around to begin walking to the bus stop roughly 50 metres away.

Soojung's eyes widened as she was startled by a sudden tap on her shoulder. Horrified, she stiffly turned around to see a boy around her age with a mask around his mouth and thick layers of clothing to keep him warm in the cold weather. Soojung felt envious of his clothing as she walked with just a thin scarf around her neck. Snapping back into the situation, she swiftly turned around again and made hasty steps away from him, trying to avoid beginning anything that could lead to her possible kidnap. She became weary as she saw him following her all the way to the bus stop.

Only waiting for a few minutes at the bus stop, she exchanged quick glances to the unrecognisable boy and felt embarrassed when she saw his eye smiles whenever he caught her looking. Once the public bus came, the sun had risen a little bit and the sky was a bright grey with a chilly breeze. Scanning her card, she made her way to back of the cold and almost empty bus. While doing so, she checked her chunky wrist watch to see it was 5:40 o'clock. The bus journey takes only 12 minutes approximately. I should be fine, right? 

Soojung shuffled around her seat as she noticed the boy from earlier approach her and took the seat right beside her, barely leaving space in between them. She eyed him up and down wondering what he was thinking. The bus only had two other occupied seats in it, the rest were free yet he decided to sit next to her. Ignoring him, she pulled out her tangled earphones and plugged them in, starting to blare some BLOCK B into her ears as she looked out the steamy window. Her lack of sleep suddenly took effect as her eyelids became heavy. She resisted for another few minutes until she gave up and leaned on the wall of the bus, closing her eyes. Within a few seconds, she was deep into sleep, even snoring slightly with open. She was confident that the bus driver would wake her up when they arrived at the school, she thought it was certain he saw her uniform.

---

The boy beside her chuckled slightly at her snoring, feeling a little embarrassed because of the stares from the other two passengers. Suddenly feeling hot, he unwrapped his thick tartan scarf and drooped it over Soojung's head. He somehow felt more relieved once her face was covered, and sighed as he could see her chest move as she was breathing heavily. For the next few minutes, the masked boy was quiet, just staring at the sidewalks that the rickety bus sped past. The streets were empty as it was still very early in the morning. His eyes widened as he felt the bus coming gradually to a halt outside of Nabi High school and he avoided the bus driver's gaze as he looked back at the two, arching his eyebrow.

"Ahjussi, just keep driving. We need to go to Cheongdam-dong." He raised his hand and looked back at Soojung who was still sound asleep. "Soojung, you know it's not good to be the girlfriend of the boy who makes you want to kill yourself." He muttered, fidgeting with his fingers. "Frankly, I think I did a good thing by not waking you up." Continuing to talk to himself, he looked straight ahead.

A few minutes later, he felt something vibrate nearby and quickly hoisted the cell phone from Soojung's pocket, swiping to unlock it and checked the notification. He felt uneasy doing so but he thought that it couldn't be that important. His worn out eyes broadened as he read the bright black letters on a white background.

Bastard: It's already 2 past 6, what kind of ing nerve do you think you have?

Bastard: Kim Myungsoo might have stopped me from going any further last night but I swear to God, you won't even be ready for the next time I see you.

Bastard: You and your relationship with every single person in N. High school is done for. Good luck trying to survive in this place, I'm going to make it hell for you, kid. And you won't have Myungsoo as you're pathetic guardian angel for you anymore.  Go yourself, .

Reading the texts, the boy snickered. "What if Myungsoo doesn't leave her alone, . I'll make sure that me abandoning her won't happen." Myungsoo dragged down his mask after locking her phone and placing it back into her pocket. His cocky smirk suddenly turned into a stiff expression as he felt a weight on his shoulders. Turning around, he saw Soojung's head resting on it. Chuckling, he looked out of the window.

Myungsoo began thinking of places to go other than Cheongdam-dong. If one thing was sure, it wasn't going to be the school for he was much more afraid as to what could happen between Jung Soojung and Jang Dongwoo than Soojung could be when she would wake up and find out what had happened to her trip to 'school'.