Chapter 11

Accidental Letter

For a short time, for an reason unknown to him, Jaehwan couldn’t bring himself to kiss the girl he had a crush on. The girl who was right in front of him, with his hand the only barrier between their lips. What confused him even more was the image of another girl who was constantly on his mind.

“Whose on your mind Jaehwan?” Her sickly sweet voice like it always had.

“You’re actually really devious aren’t you.”

“If I hadn't done it this way, you would have never figured it out yourself.” She backed away from him, silently glad her plan succeeded.

“I’m pretty slow aren't I?”

“Took you long enough, you better not make my best friend wait any longer.” She glared in his direction playfully before pointing a finger at him. “Or else.”

“You think she feels the same way?” Jaehwan asked in a weary voice, rubbing the back of his neck out of worry.

Y/f/n rolled her eyes at Jaehwan’s question before walking towards the exit. “You think I would have gone through all this trouble if she didn't like you too? The rest is up to you.”


The next words that came out of y/n’s mouth were somewhat of a shock to Hyuk. He had never heard of y/n really liking anyone and the idea of y/n giving up on someone wasn’t exactly a bad idea to his ears.

Hyuk slowly nodded his head as if slowly comprehending y/n’s words, his fingers lightly tapping an unknown song on her coffee table. “So you’re telling me, you’re giving up on Jaehwan.”

Y/n pursed her lips and blankly nodded her head at Hyuk’s statement.

To y/n’s surprise, Hyuk quietly chuckled before he belted out laughing.

“I’m being serious here.” Y/n pouted.

“Y/n, I may be younger than you but I know about love way more than you do. Are you giving up on him because you think it’s hopeless or because there’s a new love interest? Or is it because you think he likes someone else and if he does, are they dating? You can’t just assume things without confirmation.” Hyuk said rather sharply.

“I don't think I don’t need to confirm anything.” Y/n whispered.

“Why?”

“Because I’m scared of getting rejected and I already know he doesn't like me.”

“If you keep living life like that you won’t get anywhere.” Hyuk patted your head.

“You’re one to talk, don't you have someone you’re “forgetting about”? You counter.

“That’s different.”

“How is it different, you’re scared of getting rejected too.”

“Well that’s that and this is this.” Hyuk says in a matter of fact manner.

“That doesn't make any sense. Maybe I’m supposed to let go and get swept away by someone else.”

“You mean Hongbin?” Hyuk grabs popcorn from the table and pops it into his mouth one by one.

“I thought we were supposed to watch a movie?” You ask avoiding his comment. 

“But I don’t think you like him the way he likes you y/n.” Hyuk shakes his head knowingly.

“I guess were not watching a movie.” Y/n whispers under her breath.

“What’re you going to do, there’s three guys who like you.” Hyuk sighs, worried for your well-being.

“Three? Did you get drunk before coming here? Anyway, let’s just watch a movie. Whatever happens will happen okay.” You puffs your cheeks out.


Deciding to slowly distance yourself from Jaehwan had been a choice you made rather quickly. You didn't want ill feelings towards your best friend and if she was happy with Jaehwan then you wanted to be happy for her but that meant getting rid of such disgusting feelings of jealousy. Even if it meant you had to be a little mean to Jaehwan.

“Do you want to get coffee after today’s session?” Jaehwan suggested during your break from drawing Hongbin.

“Sorry, I actually promised to help Hongbin with something on the way there.” You lied, looking at Hongbin for help.

“Oh yeah, I can't wait.” Hongbin flashed a smile.”

Jaehwan furrowed his eyebrows at y/n’s direction. Maybe next time then.

“So, are you going to tell me what that was about?” Hongbin asked cheekily as he walked beside you towards the café.

“Nothing really. Thanks, I owe you one though.” You shrug your shoulders not wanting to talk about Jaehwan.

“I'll keep tabs on that then." Hongbin grins, "ahh, this kind of feeling is nice isn't it?” Hongbin says as he nods his head, the smile on his face bringing out the dimples on his cheeks.

You really had to admit although he was like a perfectly sculpted statue it was moments like these his boyish charm slipped out.

“What do you mean?” You tilt your head curiously.

“Walking beside someone you like. Having this warm feeling buzzing inside of you while you’re together.” Hongbin smiles at you.

You couldn't help but blush at his comment. “I’ve been wondering about something for a bit.” You ask timidly.

“Oh.” Hongbin lets out a shaky breath.

“I hear a lot of rumors that you’re a playboy but you’re actually not right. Why do you let people say that about you?”

“You could say it’s because I’m greedy.” Hongbin says seriously before continuing, “I’ve always been kind of fixated on finding a muse. Because I come from a family full of artists who have muses they love, naturally I’ve been desperately trying to find mine. I guess people take that as me being a playboy. They say a muse can bring out the best artwork but I also think it's because they love each other that much that such a thing can happen.”

“Rather than a playboy, I think that’s kind of romantic.” You answer, shocked by Hongbin’s seriousness.

“That’s why I think it could be you. I’d be happy if it was you.”

You blush at his remark.

“I mean- I don't mean to put pressure on you. I think the way things are right now is fine.” Hongbin smiles shyly this time around.

In the span of fifteen minutes you were able to see different complexities of Hongbin that people seemed to ignore and instead labeled as playboy. You knew he wasn’t a bad person and right now you were fine with the way things were too.

“Thanks for walking me to work.” You wave at him as he slowly retreats. 


TBC.

Soooooooooooo anyone want to take a wild guess as to who y/n is going to end up with? x.x