Chapter 9

Accidental Letter

I don’t want to go. I don’t want to go. I don’t want to go. The small phrase repeated itself endlessly in your head throughout the day and now here you were walking back and forth outside of the studio. Should I walk in? Is he here? Do I apologize for pouring beer on him? Should I just ignore him? Shaking your head at your own stupidity you sigh.

Whispering to yourself, “at the count of five then.”

“1, 2, 3-“

“Boo.” A low voice whispered near your ear.

Letting out at embarrassing squeak you turn your head, “Hongbin?“

“What’re you standing out here for.”

“N-nothing.” You stutter.

“Well let’s go inside then.” He smiles before taking your hand in his and opening the door.

You saw Jaehwan sitting in his usual spot, waiting. His eyes brightening before his jaw set at the image of you and Hongbin together.

Letting go of Hongbin’s hand you looked down, “I need to go get my materials.”

“I’ll hel-“ Jaehwan started before Hongbin glared at him.

“I’ll help you.” Hongbin smiled in your direction.

Awkward. “Okay?” You said scrunching your eyebrows.

Walking back out you saw Jaehwan pouting like a child. You almost called him cute until you remembered what happened yesterday. 

Once you both picked up your materials, everything for the most part was quiet.

This is school. Let’s just keep everything professional. You convinced yourself as you stole glances at Jaehwan’s canvas.

“H-hey y/n, I can’t quite get this angle right. Do y-you mind helping me?” Jaehwan asked meekling.

Without answering him you scoot closer to him as you looked at his canvas and analyzed it. Without thinking you put your hand over his and helped him re-draw a new outline of Hongbin’s jawline.

You quickly let go of Jaehwan’s hand. “Sorry.”

“T-thanks.”

“Guy’s mind if we take a little break, my limbs are cramping from sitting still for so long.” Hongbin whined.

“Yeah, of course. Sorry.”

Hongbin stretched in his chair, “Hwannie, why the blushing?”

You froze in your seat. Is he sick because I poured cold beer on him?

“W-what?”

“Oh nothing.” Hongbin smirked before standing up and sitting in the other empty chair next to you.

Great now I’m sandwiched. You bite your lips.

“Y/n you have some pencil residue on your cheek.” Hongbin takes your chin in his hand before rubbing it off with his other.

“O-oh thanks.” You look down blushing.

I don’t know what’s worse. A greek god touching me or Jaehwan burning holes at the back of my head. This is bad for my heart. He probably thinks I’m flirtatious. You frown.

“You know you look cute when you pout like that.” Hongbin lightly bumps his shoulder to yours. 

You feel your face heat even more at his comment.

“Say, y/n is Hyuk your boyfriend?” Hongbin deadpans.

You choke on your own saliva, “E-eh? No Hyuk’s like my little brother.” You refute shaking your hands in front of him in embarrassment.

“You haven't gotten a boyfriend since the last time I asked right?”

You hear Jaehwan choke on his water. “N-no, I’m not dating anyone.”

“What a coincidence I'm not either.” Hongbin beams and you swear you're going to pass out from his smile.

“Why don’t we go on a double date with Jaehwan and y/f/n since they’re dating and all.” Hongbin looks at you seriously.

“Eh? Wha-?” You stutter unable to form any response.

“No.” Jaehwan whispers. 

Hongbin tilts his head toward Jaehwan, waiting for an explanation.

“I’m not dating y/f/n.” He stares at you.

The hell were they doing this whole time? Picking dandelions together? You look at Jaehwan in confusion.

“Oh then, y/n after we submit this assignment do you want to go on a date with me? I think you were meant to be my muse.” Hongbin slightly blushes.

“I-“ You turn your head in his direction wide eyed.

“No!” Jaehwan responds again, this time louder. 

“What are you her translator?” Hongbin asks, irritation emitting from his voice.

“Aren’t muses supposed to be an intimate thing?” He purses his lips. 

“Yeah I know. I just asked her on a date and told her she’s my muse what do you think I’m trying to say?” Hongbin responds as if it was common knowledge.

“Guy’s I-“ You interrupt before someone’s phone goes off.

“Sorry, that’s mine.” Hongbin stands up and ruffles his hair in frustration. 

You both sit quietly as Hongbin finishes his call. “Sorry, this is an emergency. I have to go.”

“Oh, okay. We’ll see you next week then.” I have to get out of here too. You panic standing up right before Hongbin walks out the room.

You feel Jaehwan’s hand latch onto yours. “A-are you going to go on a date with him?”

Pulling your hand out of his you walk towards the storage room. Jaehwan follows after you.

“Y/n, listen-“ He grabs your hand and makes you face him.

“It’s none of your business who I decide to go on a date with or not.” You try to pull your hand awa again but this time his grip tightens.

“Don’t go on a date with him. Please.” His voice slighly trembled. 

“Why Jaehwan?” You gulp.

“Bec-because there’s others guys. What about the guy you like? W-why not him?” He asks almost desperately.

You sigh in exhaustion. “Let go Jaehwan. I have to go to work.”

“Why? Is Hyuk better company than me? You don’t have work for another hour. I just wanted to apologize.” He leans his forehead onto yours.

You can’t help but freeze in place as your heartbeat increases from the skin contact.

You try to pull away but Jaehwan keeps you in place. “Jaehwan, if y/f/n walks in she’s going to get angry. She’s your girl-“

Before you could finish your sentence you feel warm lips on yours again. Jaehwan’s hands creep up at the nape of your neck and jaw.

You feel yourself melt at his touch before you hear a slam on the floor.

What the hell was I just doing? You look down at the fallen canvas before running towards the door.

“Y/n wait.” Jaehwan grabs your forearm.

Tears welled in your eyes as you shakily let your voice out, “Why?”

Jaehwan didn’t answer.

“Is it that funny? Playing with someone’s emotions?” You pull away before grabbing your things and leaving.


 

“Oh she’s running out the door, crying. She’s seriously too cute.” Hongbin says over the phone hiding behind the corner hall.

“Did anything happen?”

Hongbin mimicked kissing sounds before responding, “He doesn’t even realize he likes her. At this rate it’s going to take a lifetime before they actually get together. I’m going to take her away if this keeps going." He sighs into the phone.

“Nice try playboy. I’m going to head to the café. I’ll call you later.”

Hongbin hung up the phone before walking away. “I'm serious though.”


TBC.