Chapter 6

Accidental Letter

“Y/n, you have to get closer than that. Here like this, turn around.” Hongbin set his equipment down and maneuvered to your side. Pushing Jaehwan away from you, Hongbin stood behind you before forcibly grabbing your shoulder and turning you around only to see his face a few centimeters from yours. 

“Like that. Don’t forget to grab his tie with your other hand and be sure to pull him down closer to you.” Hongbin cheekily smiled before letting go.

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes and started in the position you were instructed with. Hongbin persisted that you both act out the scene and you’d all end up deciding which was better in the end. It didn’t help that you and Jaehwan had a strange atmosphere going on ever since you both had that talk.

Why Hongbin wanted this theme was beyond you, it was as if he knew he’d end up working in a group of three. He wouldn’t allow any compromises. Here you were, stuck in a dress “chasing” after Jaehwan so that he would look only at you.

The irony of this entire situation almost makes me laugh. You heave a sigh. 

Jaehwan was also stiff around you. He missed his ques and barely looked you in the eyes.

I bet if it was y/f/n you’d be overjoyed to be doing this scene. You grimace at the thought of your own jealousy.

“Ok, let’s try this again.” Hongbin hollers after he looks over the stills he shot.

You stretch your hand out to Jaehwan’s broad back and turn him towards you. You force yourself to look up into his eyes only to blush when he looks at you with a serious expression.

“Now, pull his tie with your other hand.” Hongbin instructed.

You follow the instructions move for move, making sure you aren’t moving to slow or fast. You could swear you could feel Jaehwan’s breath on your face. He was centimeters away. If you were any closer you’d be kissing his chin.

“Jaehwan, move in a liiiittle closer.”

Y/n, don’t breathe, don’t move, don’t explode. You could feel your ears heating up from the close proximity.

“Ok, y/n kiss him.”

You shot your head in Hongbin’s direction nearly hitting Jaehwan in the process, face as red as a tomato, “We never agreed to any kissing scenes.” You abruptly let to of Jaehwan and see him visibly relax. 

“It looked like you wanted to kiss him.” Hongbin winked in your direction. 

You grimaced at Hongbin’s comment. You wanted to finish this and go home as soon as possible.

“I was joking. That was good we just have one more scene for you, then it’ll be Jaehwan’s turn. Why don’t we take a break, y/f/n and Hyuk said they’d bring some snacks.” Hongbin said trying to lighten the obvious stiff atmosphere around you and Jaehwan.

“Sorry, you’d probably be more happy to do this with y/f/n.” You faked a smile in his direction before turning around and pretending you had to answer a text message.

Jaehwan frowned at the back that was facing him. He was confused about how everything turned out the way it did.

Clicking random buttons on your phone you hoped y/f/n and Hyuk would hurry up and bring snacks.

You took a deep sigh, beating yourself up for the same mistake you made the first time you met Jaehwan.

Of course he wouldn’t confess to me. Why would he even? The past weeks event perpetually played behind your eyelids at any given moment whether you wanted it to or not.


 

“Please look at me because I like you.”

You sat in front of Jaehwan, shocked.

Is he confessing to me? You felt your face heat up.

“S-sorry?”

“Please look at me because I like you?”

You simply stared at Jaehwan, what were you supposed to do? Fling yourself at him after you said you’d help him with y/f/n.

Jaehwan waved his hand in front of your face, “That’s what Hongbin and I agreed on. Y/f/n, said if I said just that you’d get it right away. Sorry, I should have just told you.”

“Right, haha. Of course, I get it. The theme. So when do we start shooting?” You try to force a smile in Jaehwan’s direction but instead you feel wet streaks rolling down your cheeks.

“Y/n? Are you okay? Why are you crying? Oh my gosh. I'm sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you about who you liked.” Jaehwan looked at you with wide eyes as his hands reached out for yours.

You quickly snatch your hands away, “It’s okay, I told you I’m just really tired. My eyes just get watery when I’m tired.” You lie. 

"Anyway, it’s getting late. You should go, I need to lock up the café." You shakily stand up only to trip over your own clumsy shaking feet.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Here, take my hand. I can take you home since I brought my car. I’m really sorry y/n, I didn’t mean to bring up painful memories.” Jaehwan apologized repeatedly as he tired to take hold of your hand again. 

“I said I’m fine. I don’t need you to take me home. I’m fine by myself. Just get out, the cafe's already closed.” You pull your hand away from his as you icily stare at him. 

“It’s late and dark, I can really take you home.” Jaehwan tries to persuade you.

You felt so pathetic with tears rolling down your face all while you were on the ground trying to shoo Jaehwan away.

“I said get out Jaehwan. Please.” You nearly beg him.

“Fine.” Jaehwan storms out of the café and you finally let out a shaky breath.

Why did I agree to help him in the first place? Did I honestly think that if he was happy, I’d be happy? You scoff at your own willfulness. Jaehwan saw you reduced to a pathetic crying girl on the ground. You wanted to go back in time reverse everything from ever happening.

Forcing yourself to stop crying, you close up the store and leave to see Hyuk waiting out in the back alleyway.

“Hyuk, don’t scare me like that.” You jump at his tall stature.

“Sorry, I was just going to finish moving these boxes to the side. Wait, are you crying?” Hyuk moved the final box to the side before grabbing your face to see your red eyes.

“It’s just allergies Hyuk.” You lie.

“You don’t have allergies y/n.”

“Shut it. Sometimes a girl needs a good cry.” You murmur to yourself.

Hyuk nods his head robotically, as if he was processing the information you just told him.

“I see, I see. Ok.” Hyuk pats your head before engulfing you into a hug. A smirk playing at the side of his lips.

“Hyuk, you’re such a good kid. If only you were a few years older, I’d probably be head over heals for you.” You giggled.

“You shouldn’t say stuff like that y/n. I could be a wolf in sheeps clothing.” Hyuk teased.

“Shut it you giant puppy.” You flick Hyuk’s forehead knowing he was joking.

“Is there anything left, I’ll help before I go home.”

“No, I was just about done and you are a girl. You shouldn’t be walking home alone this late at night. I’m taking you home.” Hyuk takes your hand and leads you to his motorcycle.

You see Hyuk smile into the distance before he placed the helmet on your head.

“What’s so funny?” You pull his cheek.

“Nothing, let’s go.”

You thank Hyuk for taking you home before entering your apartment. As soon as you’re inside Hyuk takes his phone out.

“I saw the whole thing. She has it bad for him.” Hyuk smiles into his phone.


 

“Y/n? You there?” Hyuk waves his hand in front of your face.

“Yeah, huh?” You snap out of your thoughts to see Hyuk standing in front of you with coffee.

“When did you get here?” You smile, taking the coffee from him.

“I’ve been standing in front of you for a while. But you wouldn’t respond. You okay?”

You nod your head before taking a sip of the cold liquid, “I don’t really feel comfortable with this shoot.”

“Well, it’ll be over soon. Y/f/n’s here too. Talking to Jaehwan.”

“Cool.” You reply flatly.

“Did something happen between you and Jaehwan.” Hyuk pokes at you.

You nearly spit your drink out at his question.

“I take that as a yes.” Hyuk grins.

“Why’re you here anyway?”

“To interfere of course.” Hyuk says almost half seriously.


 

..... ._. I should be doing my hw. .-. Why did I take summer term .-. ._.