A Chance of Something New (9)

A Chance of Something New

After living alone for so long, he came to the conclusion that marriage was definitely not for him. Seeing what love and marriage had done to up his growing years, he could not see himself wanting to be married at all. His father abused Minho's trust in him by flirting and indulging in his own personal physical enjoyment with dozens of women, especially married women who wants no complications, only to come back home to fight and argue with his mother without fail. Sometimes, even the children were not spared in his need for release from the stresses he faced daily. His mother had caused his love for her to die when in a drunken state one night, she confessed to Minho that she hated him. Hated him for what he represented. The inability to escape her life with her first-born, the one she had actually wanted. She had wanted to leave Minho's father years ago but he forced her and made her pregnant so that she would not leave him for he had loved her too much back then. After Minho was born, the fact that she was forced to stay and suffer made her a bitter woman. Over the years, the love that binded his parents withered, leaving two shells that lead their own separate lives, cementing his beliefs that love was over-rated and not needed in his life. The word "Marriage" had an even lesser meaning.

 

 

However, a little bump in the road called Yoogeun was slowly making him change his mind. Yoogeun as well as a huge y bump called Suzy. Those two had came into his life and managed to shake it up so badly that his initial plans were destroyed. Not that it was all bad and disastrous, to the point of making him unable to function anymore. It was the opposite actually, but Minho had no complaints. None at all. His initial plans were filled with self-fulfilment... Yes... As well as wealth and fame but it was also empty. Void of warmth and real happiness, unlike what he had experienced lately. In fact, it was so addictive, that Minho now craved it. He craved the feelings he felt whenever he was near Suzy and Yoogeun as he felt complete with them around. His family...... Well, his soon-to-be family once he slipped the ring that he personally bought for Suzy. It was a simple rose gold ring that had two lines intertwined at the middle with two 0.5 karat diamond and one 0.3 karat diamond to represent the three of them.

 

 

As happy as he was, Minho just can't seem to shake this feeling of uneasiness that concentrated around his gut. It felt like something was going to happen and it doesn't have any good vibe to it. Being a shrewd businessman, Minho had relied much on his instincts which worked out to his advantage a lot of times. He just hoped whatever he was feeling was just indigestion, that's all.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Mommy... Mommy... Please follow us. Please.. Please.. Please... Minho hyung wants to teach Yoogeun how to be like Ronaldo.. Ronaldo, Mommy... You know how much I want to be like him. But it won't be fun without you. Please, Mommy.... Please...." Yoogeun pleaded at the doorway of his house. His mommy standing there in her pyjamas with agape, mentally wanting to strangle her son for not warning her that Minho was there too. Desperately wishing that she does not have a blush on her cheeks, Suzy groaned internally as she was wearing her pink teddy bear pyjamas, with her head covered with pink curlers. This was not how she wanted HIM to see her. She could just imagine HIM laughing at her, not knowing that that was the last thing Minho wanted to do. Had she known the thoughts that were running in his head at that moment, she would have slammed the door and locked herself in for her own safety.

 

 

"Um, where did you say, Yoogeun? Um, park?" Yoogeun sighed dramatically when he noticed that his mother had not been listening to him. "Yes, Mommy. A park. Where people go to play. It's nearby and Minho hyung wants to bring us there because he wants to teach me to play football like Ronaldo. Mommy, did you know Minho hyung was good? He was the team captain for his school and they won ALL their matches. Minho hyung is awesome." Yoogeun looked up at Minho with admiration in his eyes, causing Minho to ruffle his hair lovingly. Seeing that sweet action in front of her and noticing how much Yoogeun's face glowed shortly after, it seemed like Suzy's decision was taken out of her hand. She knew that she would not be able to extinguish that spark in Yoogeun's eyes, not when it was so obvious that he liked Minho alot. If Yoogeun really liked him that much, then Suzy guessed that she could try to get along with him, instead of trading insults at each other. "Sure, I'll come down and find you guys later, okay? Mommy just need to get ready first." Satisfied with her answer, Yoogeun took Minho's hand to go to the elevator before turning back. "Mommy, you must come.. You promised??"

 

 

 

Rolling her eyes, Suzy decided to stick out her tongue. Only to be stunned by a deep, velvety laugh coming from Minho as it disappeared when the elevator door closed. What felt like hours was actually a few mins as Suzy tried to calm her rapid heart. Snapping into action, Suzy immediately went back in to take a shower that could be said as one of her shortest ever before deciding to prepare some snacks and beverages. As Suzy was busy preparing, a look of panic was seen when she saw the mirror, making her dial a number. "Key, are you home?... Good... Can you help me?... No, wait... What am I doing?... Sorry, Key.Forget I said that... Ouch, that hurts. Why are you screaming to my ear? No.. It's okay.. No, you don't have to come.. No, really.. You don't have to... Wait.."

 

 

Face-palming herself, Suzy regretted her action. She should not have called Key. What was she thinking? It's not even a date. Why would it matter how she looked? Suzy suddenly jumped when an incessant knocking on her door, followed by "Suzy, I know you are in there. Open up before I call the locksmith.", interrupted her train of thoughts. Dragging her feet slowy, Suzy opened up to a flustered-looking Key who then demanded for an explanation. "Girl, you better spill. You know I'm not going to let you go, not after what you said earlier." With a sigh, Suzy explained everything to Key who just sat there, being all quiet. A noisy Key was easy to handle, but a quiet Key was a totally different thing. In the end, all he said was "Suzy, I know life had not been easy for you for the past ten years, but don't you think you are hurting yourself by not actually living. Loosen up. Live life a little. You are still Yoogeun's mother and will always be but you need to live as Suzy too. Don't worry about Yoogeun. He's growing up fine and he's such a smart boy. Don't worry about getting Yoogeun a father just for his sake. Do it because you want to. Do it with someone who you can visualise growing old with. If what I suspect is true, who knows your feelings might be reciprocated too? Minho is a playboy, that's true, but he is also a good man. In fact, he always volunteered to be Santa for our apartment block's Annual Christmas Party and there's always seem to be more presents than kids around. Each child usually ended up bringing back more than three presents each."

 

 

Suzy looked away for a long moment, lost in her pensive thoughts as she bit her lower lip. "Like I said, if what I suspect is true, I think Minho is not immune to you either. There were times when I observed his lingering looks onto you both as you and Yoogeun left the apartment. Give life a chance... Give love a chance.. You might find the happiness you truly deserved. Wah... even my words give me the chills. I got goosebumps already..... I should be a counsellor instead of a fashion designer, eh?!!" Key laughed. "So, what do you need me for?"

 

 

Embarrassed to say that she had entertained the thought of wanting to impress Minho, Suzy looked at the clock. She squeaked when she realised how much time had passed while Key was talking to her, shooing him in the process and grabbing the picnic basket on the way out. Promising to call him later to pacify his hurt feelings at being shooed, Suzy quickly made her way to the park nearby. Huffing and puffing, Suzy swore to work out in her free time as she struggled with the load. Scanning the park, she squinted her eyes to look for a tall man playing football with a short boy amid the numerous people who were either playing with their dogs or simply enjoying the warm, windy day with their families.

 

 

Suzy sighed in relief when she finally located them, her smile getting wider as their laughters were heard as Yoogeun was trying to tackle the ball away from Minho. It was obvious that Yoogeun would never be able to tackle as his legs were very much shorter than Minho's, but it was nice to see him being so happy. So carefree. For a moment, Suzy's eyes misted over and she could feel tears gathering but it had stopped when Yoogeun spotted her and waved. Suzy waved back and walked over to them. "Hey, I got us some sandwiches and drinks. Want to stop for a while?" Yoogeun nodded while sprinting away to the nearest empty table to get a spot for their picnic, leaving Minho with Suzy. Immediately, the tension risen between them, making both uncomfortable but yet unwilling to move.

 

 

"Um, here... Let me carry that for you." Seeing the picnic basket, Minho offered to take it from her hands. However, the moment their hands touched each other, a spark was felt straight to their hearts, causing them to pump faster. Suzy inhaled sharply upon the contact, causing a reddish blush to be more pronounced. Minho became mesmerised as his eyes became drawn to her lips. When he leaned nearer, Suzy's eyes widened as her focus suddenly shifted to his lips. Lips that were coming closer and closer.

 

 

"Mommy.... Hyung... Come quick... There's a spot here. Come quick.. "

 

 

Yoogeun's voice popped them out of the bubble that surrounded them. Suzy found that she was too close to Minho so she decided to move away while laughing uneasily and tucking her hair behind her ear to cover her embarrassment. "Um, thanks. Um, Yoogeun had no male figure in his life. His dad was no longer around so it's refreshing to see him enjoy this moment. Thank you for Yoogeun's precious memory, for playing with him. I'm sure he appreciates it...."

 

 

"Um, I heard about Yoogeun's dad. I'm sorry that you had to raise Yoogeun all by yourself all these years." Shaking her head, Suzy turned towards Minho. "Why do you feel sorry...? Don't be... Besides there's nothing much anyone can do back then. I'm just happy that Yoogeun have a friend. Someone who he can play with, someone who he can confide to other than me. I try my best but I think there are just some things which Yoogeun needs to talk about, 'Boy to Man' kind of stuff. Something which I could never do with him." Her eyes reflected the sadness deep inside as she walked away.

 

 

" Mommy... Hyung... Why are you both so slow? Palli... Palli... Yoogeun's hungry...."

 

 

Minho observed Suzy as she sauntered over to Yoogeun, enjoying the sight of her long hair billowing against the wind. Face it, Minho.. You want to protect her. To erase her past. To be her future... Future??!! What the hell??!! I must be getting sick. The heat must be getting to me. Yup, that must be it. Oh God, I need a drink. No, wait, I need to get laid. I wonder if Yuri is free tonight? Jogging towards Suzy and Yoogeun, Minho ended up stamping down that little voice of his as he refused to let it be known how much Suzy affected him. 

 

---------------------------

A/N: Hi,everyone.. A new update is up... Yay!! MinZy love story is blossoming.. Minho, hope u realise and accept what your heart is saying...!!!