A Chance of Something New (2)

A Chance of Something New

Inside the lorry, Yoogeun's eyes had been twinkling as he had been excited to move. The prospect of a new, changing environment did not damper his spirits as he knew deep inside his heart that it was the right thing to do. Over the years, he had seen his mother suffer and he had suffered silently beside her as he knew that she would be heartbroken if she had known of his own suffering, of being called a bastard child as well as a 's son. When he was younger, he did not knew what those words mean but as he grew up, he learnt to fight back. Those times he came back with a bruise, he dismissed them as a result of having slipped and landed wrongly, hoping that his mother would believe him.

 

 

He was not stupid. He knew what his mother had gone through in order to raise him and for that he vowed that he will never see a teardrop on her cheeks ever again. His mother deserved to be loved and since his dad had died before he was born (according to his mother), he was determined to make his mom's happiness as his top priority. It began when he started having great results at school. The look on his mother's face whenever he showed her his great results made his heart expand with happiness and made him all fuzzy inside.

 

 

Yup, it's a perfect day to move.

 

 

The scenery changed as the lorry moved towards its final destination, only to stop at the lobby of a luxurious looking apartment block. Suzy got down from the lorry to stretch her limbs as they had been travelling for the past 2 hours, a short trip turned torturous when an accident on the highway caused a traffic jam. Her smile widened as she recalled that day.

 

 

Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Hey, Suzy. Are you still looking for a new place to stay? The thing is I think I found one for you and Yoogeun. But it's a bit more expensive than the one that you are currently paying for." Yeri enquired as both of them started eating their lunch at the staff cafeteria. Normally, Suzy would be wary to make new friends but somehow, Yeri's bubbly personality was something that's hard to ignore when Suzy first joined JYP Pte Ltd. Even when Suzy gave her the silent treatment, Yeri managed to break her barrier and now, they became lunch buddies as well as good friends outside of work. Yeri found out about Suzy's situation one day when she had been forced to bring Yoogeun to work as the babysitter had fallen sick. Suzy had been so worried of losing her job but luckily, Miss Min was understanding provided it does not happen often. While Suzy had to rush some paperwork, Yeri had been the one who entertained Yoogeun. Thankfully, Yeri was not judgemental and to prove her support, Yeri even offered to babysit Yoogeun for those days when Suzy needed any time alone for herself.

 

 

"More ex? Oh dear." Suzy's mind raced as she bit her lower lip. " I don't mind if it's a bit more expensive because I do have some savings that I could use but I don't think I can afford it if it's more than 1 Million won above my budget. I'm sorry, Yeri. Thanks anyway."

 

 

"Hehehe.. I think we can work things out. I happened to know the people who wished to sell their apartment and they wouldn't mind if you paid in installments. They are leaving for Australia soon so I don't think they would want to waste their time here, hunting for people to buy over their house."

 

 

"Jinja?? Wow, that would be great." Thinking about Yoogeun, Suzy sighed. " I know where I stay right now is not perfect for Yoogeun so I'm hoping to get a proper place to stay soon. He deserved better than that."

 

 

"Then... You wouldn't say no if I said I already made an appointment for you to meet them tonight?" Yeri smirked as she saw the shocked face of her good friend. "Well, you did say you wanted a new house soon... Hehehe."

 

 

The meeting went great when Suzy finally met the house owners who were, apparently, Yeri's uncle and aunt who wished to migrate to stay with her cousin in Australia and take care of their grandchildren there. After hearing about Suzy and Yoogeun from Yeri, they decided that there would be no other owner for the house and were even willing to sell it to suit Suzy's budget. It was fully-furbished with the furniture intact as Yeri's aunt and uncle do not wish to spend money to transfer them to the house in Australia. All Suzy needed to do was to bring their personal belongings and any treasured furniture when they finally moved.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a good thing that Suzy had no big furniture to carry, other than Yoogeun's study table and bed along with several suitcases and boxes. As she was struggling with a particular box, she vaguely heard a car parking behind the lorry and a slamming of the car door. Before she could move away from the grumbling of someone behind her, she tripped on her untied shoelace, causing her to lose her balance and knocked onto the person who was trying to overtake her. Soft lips accidentally pecked firm ones as Suzy looked down onto two surprised, big dark brown eyes, his arms holding onto her waist as they both landed on the floor.

 

 

Silence. Two rapid heartbeats were the only thing that made any sound as the two just laid there in shock.