A Chance of Something New (10)

A Chance of Something New

That night, after tucking an exhausted Yoogeun to bed, Suzy went to the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea to drink while she de-stress. There was only one chapter left and she wanted to finish reading her book. The day at the park had been even more entertaining than she had expected. Suzy can't help smiling to herself as she replayed the events that had occured earlier.

 

 

"Yoogeun... What type of bird always have a cough?"

 

 

"Er...Hyung... Yoogeun don't know... I give up.."

 

 

"A Phlegm-ingo.. Hahaha.. get it ?? A Flamingo who always have a cough is a Phlegm-ingo.. hahaha... Or how about this? What does the cow say to the slow moving turtle in front of him? Mooooove-it, slowpoke... Hahahahaha."

 

 

 

It was exhilarating to see how much Yoogeun enjoyed Minho's company even though he did failed in the jokes department. Suzy had cringed and rolled her eyes mentally at the lameness when Minho entertained them but apparently, Yoogeun loved them. Bringing her tea to the sofa, Suzy laughed and shook her head as she remembered all those jokes again. They had even managed to finish the food and drinks that Suzy brought. Between Minho and Yoogeun, she certainly found out that they can be paired together for any food-eating contest considering that both somehow ended up in a mini sandwich eating competition and gobbled up all the remaining sandwiches. Yoogeun won but internally, Suzy knew that Minho gave in. There was no way a ten-year old boy winning that easily over a grown man, but Suzy appreciated his kind gesture. Bouyed by the long-forgotten happy feelings inside of her, in the end, Suzy even tried to join in when they decided to continue with their football practice. After a round or two of unsuccessfully trying her best to get the ball away from either Minho or Yoogeun, Suzy panted in exhaustion, pleading for mercy from the two of them, saying that she would rather be a cheerleader instead.

 

 

"Give me a Y.. Give Me an OO, then a GEUN... Yoogeun.. Yoogeun.. Go Go Go....."

 

 

Pausing in mid-attack as he panted, Minho whined "What? No cheer for me. I was the one who taught him that trick..." before he realised that Yoogeun had snatched the ball away to score in the imaginary goalpost."Gooooooaaaaaalllll.....Yeah!! Aww, Yoogeun... You are getting too good. Soon you'll be playing even better football than me. Hyung surrender and bow to your greatness..." Yoogeun just snickered as he dribbled the ball away, with pride glowing from every pore of his skin. With his eyes twinkling, it was no doubt, one of the best days in his young life. 

 

 

The coolness of the evening soon reminded them that they had been out for a long time. The hotness of the sun had been diminishing as it was slowly being replaced by the moon. All around them, families were seen packing up their belongings to go home. If it was up to Yoogeun, he would have rather stayed longer but alas, he yawned in exhaustion. "I guess it's time for us to go back too. Yoogeun, you need to eat your dinner. Don't give me that look. Food then sleep, young man..." Suzy said after a look of annoyance flashed on Yoogeun's face. "It's okay, Sport... We can always come here to play. Hyung will teach you more tricks. And.... Your mommy is right. Dinner is very important as well as good sleep. You want to be like Ronaldo, right??!! He takes good care of his body and he listens to his mommy too. Whn his mommy tells him to rest, he will follow....... What? I'm sure he did do that... Hahahaha." Minho laughed when Yoogeun gave him a look that indicated he did not believe it at all.

 

 

The walk back to their apartment block felt natural to all as Yoogeun decided to join hands with both of them, with Minho carrying the ball and Suzy carrying an empty picnic basket. Even though not much words were exchanged, it felt like no words were needed to fill the comfortable silence. Subsconsiously, due to a small spark that had ignited before, Suzy's feelings started to simmer as she realised and felt this tension radiating from Minho, especially after she started to notice him more as a man, not just as a erted pompous . His wet, tousled hair coupled with sweat covering his upper torso which clung to his well-toned body caused the simmering to become hotter, deep within Suzy's core. Bringing forth desires which she thought she had fully suppressed. Now that her negative feelings for him were lessening, Suzy found that he was indeed a fine specimen of a man. Sneaking a peek to her side, Suzy's eyes took note of his height. Perfect height to curve around her, to envelop her into his warmth. With that thought worming its way, Suzy widened her eyes and paused in her stride, causing Yoogeun to lose his balance. Unable to maintain his stability, he fell, pulling both Minho and Suzy together with him. Stunned for a moment, all of them just looked at each other before Minho's shoulders started to shake in laughter. "Hahahaha.... Why am I not surprised? First the mom, now it's the son... Both of you must really loved the ground, huh?" Yoogeun and Suzy just looked at each other before they too, started to giggle. Pushing himself up, Minho then pulled Yoogeun before offering his hand to Suzy. Blushing, Suzy said her thanks while avoiding his eyes.

 

 

"Gomapseumnida, Minho hyung. Yoogeun had lots of fun today. Can I come and play with you next week? Please...."

 

 

"Yoogeun, Minho hyung may have plans next week. Let's not bother him. Why not you go in for now and bathe? Mommy will need to talk to Minho hyung for a while?" On hearing those words, Yoogeun started to pout, sadness evident in his face. Suzy knew that he would not be happy. If it was up to her, she would try her best to bring a smile onto his face, but it would not be fair to Minho. Yoogeun was her responsibilty, not his. "Anneyong, Hyung." Yoogeun bowed before turning back into the apartment.

 

 

"Look..."

 

 

"Um..."

 

 

"Normally, I would say ladies first, but allow me to say something before you say what's on your mind. I'm fine to be Yoogeun's friend. Don't worry about it. In fact, I don't mind if he were to come by whenever I'm free. It's a good way to keep fit too, teaching and playing football with him. My best friend is a bit of a klutz. We spend more time at the A & E than on playing football so I don't really get to play much nowadays."

 

 

Hoping that her blush would not make any appearance, Suzy bowed slightly. " I... I want to say thank you for today. Yoogeun.. I can see how much Yoogeun enjoyed it and I am deepy grateful for that. I... I... I think it's only appropriate if you were to come for dinner one of these days.. As a thank-you dinner..." Taking a deep breath to calm her racing heart, Suzy continued. "I mean, I'm sure you are a busy man and most likely had far better dinners than what I would cook but I just.. I just want to show my appreciation. I mean, you don't have to accept if you don't want to.. It's okay... I... I won't get angry.. I mean, why would I get angry or upset? I mean.. um.... Er, what I'm trying to say is... um, would you like to have dinner with me... Wait, I mean, would you like to have dinner with Yoogeun and me?"

 

 

Minho tried so hard to contain his smile, not wanting to offend the cute little angel stuttering in front of him. Seeing her trying her best to explain why she invited him for dinner, Minho almost gave in to his urge to just kiss those luscious lips of hers. After that day, it felt like a drug that he needs. He became curious, would it feel the same or will it be more magical than the last? Unable to resist it, he leaned closer, watching as she froze and her lips slightly parted. Experience told him that she was not immune to him, that she had some desire for him. But the question was whether he can afford to start anything with her? Could he let her in into his jaded heart? Could she love someone like him? Could she be the one who banish the skeletons of his past?

 

 

Having no answers to those questions, he could only reply to the one that she was asking. "Sure, why not? It could be fun." He leaned back to allow some space between them. "Just tell me when and I'll clear my schedule." With a smile, Minho left, walking quickly to his apartment where the silence of the house did nothing to help him to solve his questions.

 

________________________________________________

A/N : Hi, Sorry for the delay... Anyway, thanks again for new readers and subscribers.. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter..