A Chance of Something New (11)

A Chance of Something New

*********************************************************************

A/N:

*Bows down* I would like to apologise for leaving this story hanging for these few months. I am sorry to those subscribers and readers who would like me to continue this story. Let's just say the past few months, RL had been quite a rollercoaster and I don't feel it's fair to my readers to put up a story that was badly written. I can only say that if possible, I will try my best to update the chapters more frequently as this is only 1/3 done.. I still have a few more characters I wished to introduce though and I hoped that I would be able to do so soon.. Once again, thank you for being patient with me and I hope you will still continue to read on.. And I'm also sorry for any comments that had no reply yet. I will try my best to reply back.

 

P.S.. Here's a small chapter from me while I get cobwebs away from my mind....

 

**********************************************************************

 

Unfortunately, the opportunity to have the dinner that Suzy had promised came only a month later as Minho had to fly off for an urgent meeting in Japan the following day which lasted for weeks. Apparently, the merger plans with Tsubaya Corporation had some major issues which required his utmost attention. Endless negotiation meetings as well as countless days of eating takeaway food while doing research late into the night at their Japan branch had drained Minho tremendously, leaving him with less time for himself. Not to mention trying to pacify Yuri who had sensed a slow distancing on Minho's part. She had been whining and pouting almost daily before her patience ran out and she tried to surprise him, by visiting his hotel room one night with results that she did not expect. For the first time ever, Minho just could not bring himself to be aroused by Yuri. Sure, she was y as hell wearing her black leather kitty costume that had more holes than leather, but he felt nothing. She even went the extra mile by adding kitty ears, a black choker that went around her slender neck and knee-length boots that accentuated her long, milky white legs. Initially, he was shocked when she came into his hotel room, looked around and immediately went to his speakers to turn on AOA's song "Like a Cat". As soon as the song filled the once silent room, Yuri opened her trenchcoat seductively, revealing her y kitty costume. She then swayed her to the beat of the music, leaving Minho with no doubt on her real intention of surprising him. She was and she wanted him NOW....

 

 

 

 Hmm, this is strange. Am I finally getting sick in the brain or the hours of stress getting to me? Yuri, one of the most desirable woman in Korea practically begging me to her and ..... NOTHING???!!!! Um, Little Minho.. Are you sleeping? Buddy, too tired?? Wakey Wakey... Get up or at least, try to get up...

 

 

 

Even as Minho started his internal struggle with Little Minho, he knew that it was of no use. Although he was thousands of miles away, there was only one name that came to his mind. Only one face that haunted his dreams lately. One face that made him questioned himself and caused him to go slightly crazy due to the lack of answers. He knew she desired him as how he desired her but will that desire be enough for her or will she start to demand for more should he decided to pursue her? Minho acknowledged that he had this need to protect her but he didn't know if he would be able to stay for the long run. He never thought of settling down EVER and just the thought of himself being a domestic husband and father was enough to make him shudder in fright. As luck would have it, Yuri saw it and mistook his shudder as one of disgust. Needless to say, the y kitty changed into an angry lioness. Minho bore the results of that catfight for days after that. It was not easy to tame a lioness, let alone an angry lioness.

 

 

 

"Choi-san, I think we finally did it. We agreed to the terms of this negotiation and will be signing that merger once your side had finalised the details. It was not easy but I do think it will be beneficial to all in the long run. Thank you for the chance to meet the Great Choi Minho in person." Mr Tsubaya spoke as he shook hands. "I hope you would honor us with your presence by having dinner with my family in our humble home tonight." At the mention of dinner, Minho's mind automatically thought of Suzy. Her radiant smile as she looked at Yoogeun. The way her hair fluttered in the gentle breeze. The way how her eyes crinkled up as she tried her best not to laugh at his lame jokes. Yes, he knew that they were lame but Yoogeun seemed to love them. Plus, he got to see her reactions which was actually quite cute as she tried her best not to roll her eyes at him. He had felt a sense of achievement in those few hours together when there was not a hint of sadness in those eyes. Eyes that ensnared his soul unknowingly. 

 

 

 

"Aah, young love. She must be a very special lady to make you smile like that, Choi-san. I remembered smiling like that too when I was courting my wife. The first time I met her was when we were at the temple in my hometown. She looked like an angel that descended from the heavens above, wearing the most beautiful white silk kimono, gliding along the hallway with her friend. My heart was stolen by her that day. No matter how hard I tried to deny it, I was lost. My days and nights became a torture. I ended up going back to the temple everyday in the hopes that I could see her again. My obaasan was very happy. God bless her soul. She thought I was becoming very religious and was very proud of me." Mr Tsubaya recalled with a slight smile on his face.

 

 

 

Love??? Is that what it is?? Am I? Am I really in love? No..... It can't be. I can't be.. There's no way I would be.... I don't even know her that well enough. But, there's no denying, Minho.. You definitely felt something for her... But.. But.. is it love? I thought it was lust and only lust that attracted me to her. It just can't be that other L-word. But Minho, if it is just "lust" as you said it, you wouldn't have cared about her happiness that day in the park. Why would you be bothered about that sadness in her eyes? Why would you grin like a fool everytime you replayed that day in your head? Why was it that you got frustrated when you had to come here instead of enjoying that dinner which she promised? Why was it that you mentally cursed yourself when you found out that you do not have her number and had to leave a message for her through Key? Why was it that you had not left anymore messages for her because you were worried of what to say? Who was the one who clammed up at the thought of asking Key for her number because he's worried she will not want to talk to him? Don't deny it, Minho.. You like her... You love her....

 

 

Oh, just shut up....... Huh? Love? I don't even know what is that.. Now, shush...

 

 

 

Unknown to Minho's internal conflict in regards to Suzy, Mr Tsubaya then clapped before nodding. "Choi-san, I wish you all the best for you and your special lady. I have a feeling that she is a wonderful person and will be a perfect fit for you. I pray that both of you will have a blessed life together. Now, shall we proceed to have dinner?" Distracted by his own chaotic thoughts, Minho merely nodded, following Mr Tsubaya's lead to go the basement carpark.

 

 

 

It was a few days later when Yoogeun ambushed Minho at the hallway as soon as he saw Minho coming out of the elevator with his luggage. He had been waiting impatiently and counted the days as to Minho's arrival. He immediately left his apartment to talk to the older man whom he had missed alot during his absence. Being with Minho hyung was totally different than being with his mommy or even Uncle Key. He liked Minho hyung alot. The fact that he managed to bring back a smile to his mommy's face just gave Minho hyung extra bonus points in Yoogeun's eyes. His mommy had sacrificed so much just to bring him up and he will do anything... ANYTHING.. to make her happy again.

 

 

 

"Minho hyung... Minho hyung.. You're back already. Yay!!! Yoogeun missed playing with Hyung. It was so boring when you were not here. Yoogeun tried to make new friends but none of them can play as well as Minho hyung. So, when can we play again? Hyung, can we play today? Yoogeun had been a good boy and did all my homework for today already and Yoogeun even scored the highest in my class for Mathematics. Please, Hyung, can we play? Can we? Can we?"

 

 

 

Before Minho could even reply, he heard the sweet, melodious voice which had been torturing his sleep lately. "Yoogeun... Not today, darling. I'm sure Minho hyung is very tired. You can play with Minho hyung another day,okay??!! Remember what Mommy say.. Do not disturb others when when they do not want to be disturbed or when they are tired. You would not like it if people were to disturb you, right?? So, don't be naughty. Let's not disturb Minho hyung and let him rest. Minho hyung is still tired from his trip."

 

 

 

"Awww....." Yoogeun pouted for a while before saying " Sorry, Minho hyung. Yoogeun forgot that Minho hyung would be very tired. Mommy is right. Yoogeun will wait until Minho hyung is free to play football with Yoogeun again. Yoogeun will not burden you to say yes when you are very tired." Smiling up at Minho and yet the smile did not reached his eyes.

 

 

 

Did that boy took lessons on how to manipulate people? Damn, he would be dangerous once he grows up. Squating down to Yoogeun's level, Minho shook his head. Knowing internally that he fell to Yoogeun's clever little trap to make him feel worse. "No, Yoogeun. You will never burden Minho hyung. In fact, I'm always happy to play with you. Hyung don't think I can play football today though. Hyung needs to rest a bit first. Maybe tomorrow? I don't have to work tomorrow. However, if your mommy is okay, Minho hyung would like to take up on her offer on dinner. It would be nice to have home-cooked meal after such a long, tiring trip overseas. While waiting for your mommy to finish cooking, we could play some video games? Hyung got the latest Winning Eleven game which I can bring to your apartment so that we can play together. Let hyung go back to my apartment for a while to freshen up and bring my game consoles." Minho then turned towards Suzy, giving his own pout as he cocked his head to the side, knowing that he would be hard to resist like that.

 

 

"Um...Um.. S..Sure.. I... I don't mind.. Er, D.. Dinner will be ready in 40 mins if you don't mind beef stew?" Suzy stuttered as she looked down into Minho's big, hypnotic eyes. Wishing she could look away but yet,at the same time, wanting to drown in them forever. Feeling a blush creeping up on her, Suzy was glad when Yoogeun punched the air and shouted as it gave her the opportunity to mumble that she will be in the kitchen, leaving Minho and Yoogeun at the hallway. Once she entered her kitchen, she placed her hand over her chest, while chanting "it's okay, it's just dinner" repeatedly, praying to any higher powers out there to let her be able to survive this dinner without making a fool out of herself.