A Chance of Something New (5)

A Chance of Something New

Hi... This chapter is mainly about Minho and explain why he behaved like that... I hope this will clear any bad impressions of Minho. He's the leading man and my ultimate bae, so no bad impressions,okay??!!  Hehehe..  Okay, I'm off to go the the wedding.. See ya.. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Minho's Day

 

"Good morning, Mr Choi. Will you be coming to the office today? There are papers for you to sign before next week's meeting with Mr Matsumoto of Hiroshi Corporation. Don't forget. You have a dinner date tonight with Ms Yuri. The necklace for Ms Yuri which you ordered had been sent to your home yesterday evening and was placed at the coffee table in the living room. I assumed the plans will remain the same."

 

 

Hearing that, Minho turned his head towards his coffee table where indeed, there was a beautifully gift-wrapped box waiting for him. He spoke to his bluetooth device as he continued to dry his half well-toned body with the towel. "Thank you, Dara. And to answer your question, I will drop by the office for a while. Bring me the files for the merger plans with Sakura Pte Ltd as well as the tabloids stories on Mr Nakamura's wife. That could prove to be useful when negotiating the terms and conditions for the merger. I'll see you later."

 

 

After Dara, his personal secretary, had disconnected the line, Minho went to his personalised walk-in closet to take out his Armani suit to wear. He had a dinner date with Yuri tonight and he's getting dressed to impress. A glass or two of rich-flavoured wine coupled with soft music in a fancy restaurant to get the mood right. No woman had ever been able to resist his charisma especially when he presented her with some jewelry and his dazzling smile. Yup, by the end of the dinner, they would melt into his arms to become a willing participant that would end up screaming his name over and over again. He wasn't called " God Choi Minho" for nothing.

 

 

Reading the financial news while sipping on his coffee, one would have thought that Choi Minho was a chaebol's son who will eventually inherit his family's wealth but that was not the truth. He was born in Incheon to a middle-class family that consists of his dad, mom and an elder brother. Unfortunately, his growing up years had been filled with a mom who showered more love and attention to his elder brother as well as constant fights between two people who were supposed to love and cherish each other till death do them apart. As soon as it was legal for him to leave that household, he immediately packed his bag and went to Seoul. He was smart, some would even call him a genius but even geniuses need to have some luck on their hand. Luckily, he belonged to those rare ones. 

 

 

He was able to get into Business Management in Seoul National University due to his excellent grades and during his internship at Bae-Lee Holdings, he was able to impress the CEO by spotting a grave error that could cause the company millions of dollars as well as finding a solution that worked. Needless to say, he had a job secured just for him when he graduated. Now at 29 years old, he had appeared in various news articles as being one of South Korea's youngest as well as most desirable General Manager.

 

 

Glancing at the wall clock, Minho decided to leave for his office so that he can spend some time chatting with his friend aka Mr Lee Jinki, Managing Director for Business Development or like how he preferred to be called as Onew among friends. He first met Onew when they became classmates in university. Onew being there as he was being groomed by his father to take over his position in Bae-Lee Holdings. Even though he hated Business Management, Onew knew that as the second-generation chaebol, he had no say in the way how his future would be like even though he never told anyone about it. So, rather than being a sourpuss about it, he rather just smile and go with the flow. Minho was pleasantly surprised when he reported to work on his first day to know that his friend would also be working with him. 

 

 

Minho was halfway out of the basement carpark when he realised that he had left Yuri's gift on the coffee table. Cursing inwardly, he decided to just park at the lobby and rushed up to grab it. Unfortunately, he was too late and was forced to park behind a lorry full of boxes. He started to grumble when this small girl was blocking his way, preventing him from walking quickly. He was just about to overtake her when she stumbled on something, causing her to fall. 

 

It felt like a slow motion romance movie, where the actor and actress dramatically fell to the ground with the actor automatically wrapping his arms around her to protect her from the fall. Only difference was when her lips accidentally kissed him. He swore he felt an electric current running from her lips to his. When she lifted her eyes, Minho was lost. He could imagine himself drowning in those eyes forever. There was a tinge of sadness in them that he felt like tightening his arms around her and make that sadness go away. He wanted to say something, do anything but he couldn't. 

 

 

It was only after he heard a little boy talking to them, that he finally snapped out of it. Mummy? Oh, . She's married. What the hell, Minho??!!

 

 

He reacted the only way he knew how to when faced with situations that were unfamiliar. He became hostile. Seeing her getting all riled up over what he had said, initially he felt slightly guilty for purposely egging her on just so that he could admire her rosy cheeks and full luscious-looking lips as well as her cute hand gestures. However, it seemed like the situation got a bit out of hand when their voices had risen. Well, he can't help it. Something about her just sparked something in him. He gets angry, he gets frustrated but he never lost his cool like that. Damn, why did I do that? Where did Mr Charming went? Arrgh, I need to go. 

 

 

Feeling embarrased, Minho quickly left the scene, muttering to himself about the unlucky start to his day and how he was angry with himself for picking a fight with a woman. He really needs to get laid real soon because now, he's even broken one of his own rules of never looking at a married woman. Once he was in his car, he was suddenly reminded of Yuri's gift which he was supposed to go and get earlier. He accidentally revved his car in frustration as there was no way he's going to get out of his car now, not after what happened. Shaking his head to calm down, he left. At the same time, cursing those big sad eyes and soft lips for making him distracted. 

 

---------------------------------------------------

A/N : Say Hi to Onew aka Lee Jinki, I did a slight intro on him but don't worry if u are an mvp, Onew will appear again later...