A Chance of Something New (15)

A Chance of Something New

"Hey... Yo, Casanova.. Where have you been lately?" Onew asked as he poked his head inside Minho's office. "After that day when we picked Taemin from the airport, it's like you poofed into thin air and disappeared. Every single time I want to ask you out, you tend to be out of the office. Either that or not answering my calls. At least, have the decency to communicate over the phone, man... If I don't know any better, I would have thought that you were banging Yuri to the ground. However, considering that she's mostly over at my sister's house, crying onto Hyori's shoulder about your ill-treatment towards her, I guess it's a new woman who's drawing your attention." Onew's eyebrows went up and down as he grinned, exposing his white teeth. "Come on.. Spill it.. Who's the lucky or should I say unlucky woman? Having a God paying attention to her could be quite draining.. Wonder if she knew what she's getting herself into? Maybe I might need to send her a get well soon gift basket.....??"

 

 

 

Minho groaned and cringed internally as his best friend tried to make lame jokes about his current love life. Apparently, Onew's sense of humor was worse than his. Although he would normally tell his best friends of his adventures, deep in his heart, Minho was not keen to spill on any details... Not yet, anyway... This thing which he had with Suzy felt very special and Minho could sense that it was still in the fragile stage. He needed to make her feel more comfortable around him, enough for him to slowly gain her trust and affection. Sure, after their date two weeks ago, they had came to a new understanding towards each other with Minho falling even deeper in love with Suzy and Yoogeun, Minho knew that she still had some cards held close to her heart, cards which made her feel vulnerable should she exposed them. Knowing all of these, he intended to show her that he would go all out to make sure that she could trust him. To trust that he would not go away even after finding out her secrets because only something big would be guarded that tightly.

 

 

 

After that date, Minho spent most of his time at Suzy's apartment instead of his, only to go back home at night to sleep and change his clothes. Minho became more amazed at the tenacity of Suzy's determination to be a better mother to Yoogeun. She was loving, yet firm. She knew how to discipline Yoogeun and yet be the softest pillow when Yoogeun needed her in times of comfort. Of course, Minho had to take advantage of that fact too. There were many a times when his own head would be on her lap as he moaned at his misfortune of having incompetent workers at his office or simply enjoying their quiet moments while secretly enjoying her soft caresses as she wove her fingers across his hair, often tempting him to sleep. Minho was glad that Yoogeun had no objections to their relationship, judging by his excited reactions whenever Minho was there. Over dinner, he often spoke to them about his day at school, his friends and even an incident that happened two days ago when he received his first kiss from a girl. His schoolmate that had a little crush on Yoogeun.

 

 

 

Suzy's reaction was too funny. Her eyes grew big as she squealed aloud. Without any words, she went over to Yoogeun and hugged him tightly while exclaiming that her son had grown up and was no longer her baby. Soon, he would get a job and get married and make her into a young grandmother. Suzy kept on fake-crying and repeatedly said that she was not ready. Yoogeun, who had been eating his kimbab while telling the story, groaned and whined as he was being suffocated in his mother's arms. Minho just laughed as he looked at the cute interaction between mother and son. Remembering that incident, Minho grinned to himself, prompting a hit on his shoulder from Onew. "Wah???!!!! This girl must be the one,huh?? Considering that you are grinning away like a schoolboy having his first crush.." At Onew's statement, Minho blushed as he really did felt like that way whenever he was in her presence. Suzy went all out and broke his barriers down as though it was nothing, making him vulnerable and yet so complete and happy. "I must meet up with her then.. I need to see the special lady who made Mr God blush like that.." Minho scratched the back of his head, trying to think of a way to explain gently that he needed time alone with her. To get her used to him first. Seeing his hesitation, Onew smirked. "OOOOOhhhhhhh, I get it... You need 'alone' time with her first,huh?? Well, I can wait... Until she recuperated from her nightly 'exercises' with you.."

 

 

 

 

"Yah!! Lee Jinki... It's not like that. For your information,I have not 'banged' her yet. Yes, we did kissed and fooled around on the first date but I had been a complete gentleman, okay??!! In fact, we did not even went beyond kissing and it's mostly after Yoogeun went to sleep." Minho explained as he tried to ignore the beginnings of an uncomfortable tenting over his lower body. A condition that frequently made its appearance recently. Suzy was one hell of a kisser. Her soft lips tasted like honey as he explored in a slow, sensual way. Her gasps and moans as he bit down on her neck to le in the sweetness of her skin, sent currents down to his , making it stiffer than before. Minho lost track of the number of cold showers he had to take after leaving her house. One part of him, the savage and primal part wished to just take her hard, to himself into her as he worshipped each part of her body but the rational side of him wanted her to be physically as well as emotionally ready when they finally make love. Yes, they will be MAKING LOVE... Not have the detached, mindless filled with lust that he was used to. Nope, Suzy was far more precious than that. Luckily, Onew's shout interrupted Minho's thoughts as he was about to be even more embarrassed if Onew saw his underneath the desk. "I knew it.. I knew it was Yoogeun's mother.. Hahaha, Taemin owed me 500 thousand Won.. He was so sure that it was another socialite that had caught your eyes."

 

 

 

 

Lost for words, Minho could only growl as he found out that his best friend and his brother had been betting on him. "Yah!! You both are idiots. Nothing better to do?? Betting on your best friend's love life.. Sheesh!!... By the way, how's Taemin doing at his new job? I heard your father is going to put him in charge of the possible collaboration with JYP Pte Ltd. Have he died from boredom yet?"  Onew laughed as he recalled his brother's weak attempt to escape from Mr Lee Senior. Honestly, hiding in a closet only worked when Taemin was a child, not when he's a 27 year old man. After Taemin was found out by his dad, he was made to change his attire and was marched to the office, escorted by Mr Lee Senior himself. Leaving him with no means of escape. Taemin knew that Onew hated this life too but at least, Onew was able to strategically withdrew from any confrontations and not provoke Mr Lee Senior. The last thing Onew needed in his life was for his parents to interfere into his personal life or even force him into an arranged marriage.

 

 

********************************************************************

 

 

One date soon turned into a few dates. One kiss turned into many, many kisses. Before Suzy realised it, it was fast approaching their 100th day anniversary. Suzy was so excited and yet so nervous. In the ten years which she swore off relationships, she did not have to deal with this. Now that it's happening soon, Suzy was lost. She wanted to give Minho a surprise but she did not know what to do. "Yeri..... Help me...." Suzy moaned aloud as they sat down for lunch. "I want to do something for Minho but I, seriously, don't know what to do.. You are young.. I'm sure you had more experience in this than me. What to do...???" Suzy looked so adorable as she tried her best to bring out her aegyo by fluttering her eyelashes and giving Yeri lots of heart signs. Yeri laughed before she pushed Suzy away gently. "Hahaha... Stop that... Those things are the ones that you should do in front of Minho, not me... Wow, Suzy.. It's been three months,huh?? I'm so happy for you, gal." Hugging the girl, Yeri prayed in her heart that Suzy will get the happiness that she truly deserved. If this Minho was the reason for her sparkly eyes lately, for her constant blush that made her cheeks looked even more adorable, then Yeri will support them and help them in any way.

 

 

 

 

"Well... Did Minho said anything to you about this?' Yeri asked while sipping on her chocolate milk. "Well, you know guys, Yeri... They will never pay attention to these sorts of things, but, I ... I just want to do something. You know, to tell him how much I appreciate him being in my life... I could get him a watch or new shoes but those felt like it's getting a birthday gift for a friend, a normal friend. I want a gift from me personally..." Suzy bit her lower lip as she tried to think of gifts that would be suitable.

 

 

 

 

"Hmmmm.... You could do that... Instead of a gift from you. Why not the gift be you??" Yeri suggested while giving Suzy a sly look. "You did mention that both of you had not done it yet? Who knows, it could be one heck of an anniversary night.. Hehehehe...."

 

 

 

 

"Aish.. This girl...I should not have told you everything." Suzy ducked her head as she felt her cheeks burned up at Yeri's suggestion, in fear of others noticing it in that crowded cafeteria. "Why did I even tell you? I can't even lift up my head because of you." Yeri grinned further as she tried to cajole her friend. "Aww, come on, Suzy. What better gift would that be than that. We can go to the shopping mall after work. Ooohhh... We can go to the new lingerie shop that opened recently and buy you a new matching outfit for that special night." Yeri winked as she excitedly started planning out Suzy's 100th day anniversary date with Minho. In the end, Suzy went along as she did not want to disappoint her young friend who had purposely rearranged her plans to bring Suzy shopping, knowing that Suzy would have never gone to the shop by herself. If Suzy were to admit it, she would have agreed that Yeri's idea was a great one, allowing it to grow and take root in her mind. It would be a great way to celebrate their anniversary together. Besides, the s that arose lately kind of helped in Suzy making the decision on the pink lace transparent nightie that flowly smoothly on her skin, along with a matching pink bra and set. Who knows, maybe, things may progress to a new stage of their relationship?

 

 

 

 

That night, Suzy decided to broach the topic of their upcoming anniversary after Minho had sat down at the sofa, drinking his black coffee. "Sooooo, Um, Minho.. Um, do you have to work on this coming Saturday? Um, want to go and check out that new Italian restaurant at Itaewon? Yeri had been there and she said the food was to die for. We can have Key look after Yoogeun. I'm sure he would not mind." Minho put down the mug that he was holding and smiled sheepishly. "Babe, can we go on that date another day? I kind of promised to bring Yoogeun to Lotte World this Saturday after losing at Winning Eleven earlier while I was playing with him. I swear that kid is getting too good. I wanted to tell you but, guess, we got distracted with dinner. Anyway, why specifically, this Saturday? Can we go out on the next Saturday evening instead? I have a way to make Key babysit Yoogeun for that day. I got a feeling that he would not be able to say no to the latest Jill Stuart bag that I got for him.."

 

 

 

 

Suzy stuttered. "Um, ah...N.. No reason.. I.. I just thought that it would be a good idea... S..Sure, the following Saturday would be fine too." Hiding her slight disappointment, Suzy leaned forward and gave Minho a peck before she looked into his eyes. "Did I ever mentioned to you how lucky we are to have you in our lives right now? Yoogeun looked so much more happier. His smile became more radiant and I... I.. feel something special growing within me the more time we spent being together.." Caressing his cheek, Suzy whispered. "Minho, I... I think I'm falling in love with you and I don't know what to do.. There are things which I need to say but I'm afraid.. I'm afraid that your views about me will change and you will look at me differently." Minho kissed away the lone tear that flowed down her cheek, before whispering back. "Never, Suzy.. I'm here for you and I intend to stay for the long run. Being with you had been like spreading sunshine on my dull life, it's like a drug that I can't let go. Take your time.. When you feel that you want to tell me, I'll be here for you." Capturing her lips, Minho kissed her gently. After they broke apart, Minho suggested something that made Suzy's heart swell with love.

 

 

 

 

Minho requested the trip to Lotte World as a family trip, instead of just between the two of them. Other than bonding with Yoogeun, Minho had said that he also wanted to spend more time with Suzy. Suzy knew that Yoogeun would be ecstatic when he heard the news as he had been wanting to go to Lottte World with Suzy for a long time. Suzy was not totally keen as she would have to accompany him for some of the scary rides and some of them really, really looked scary. Internally, she was happy that Minho would be around to cater to her son's daredevil needs. Yup, Suzy would be more than happy to sit on a bench somewhere and read her book while waiting for both of them to finish whatever rides that they had planned for. As expected, Yoogeun was jumping for joy the following day when she informed that they would be going to Lotte World. "Oh, wow.. Mommy.. For real?? Yoogeun is going to Lotte World with you and Minho hyung??" Hugging his mother in delight, Yoogeun twirled them around. "Thank you.. Thank you.. Thank you, Mommy."

 

 

 

 

The days before the trip, Yoogeun had been like a great bundle of energy, reminding Suzy of Key's doggies when they got too excited. Minho just laughed at Yoogeun's antics as he kept on blabbering on and on about his excitement and all the different rides that he planned to take and the different types of food that he wanted to try. According to his new best friend, Jimin, the cheesy hotdog was to die for and a must to try.

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, it was the day of the trip. The sun was shining brightly with no rain clouds in sight. A perfect day to enjoy the various activities in Lotte World. Suzy just shook her head as Yoogeun grabbed hold of Minho and immediately went to queue for the Viking ride. As he was being dragged, Minho turned back to give a flying kiss while Suzy waved and indicated that she would be waiting at a nearby bench. Engrossed with her book, Suzy had not realised that the time had went by so fast. It was only after Minho plopped himself onto the bench and pleaded for mercy that she had known that it was time for lunch. Suzy chuckled at the sight of a full-grown man begging a younger boy to stop to eat something before he collapsed. Her heart continued to expand till it's almost bursting as she looked at the interactions between her man and her son as they played around with their food. They tried to make Suzy go on one of the rollercoaster ride after she had reluctantly went for the 360 Vertical Loop, only to find her legs wobbling like crazy once she stepped back onto firm ground. Begging for mercy, Suzy quickly shooed them away, smiling at the two fading figures as they walked towards Tunnel of Doom.

 

 

 

 

The moment Suzy sat down on a bench in order to recuperate, she was joined by a pair of young couple, presumably on their first date. The young boy was hugging the girl while feeding her the cotton candy and whispering sweet nothings to her ear. They acted so lovey-dovey that Suzy's mind drifted to the past. To the time when she had acted like that with Yoogeun's father. She was very young when she fell for him. Despite knowing him for years, she was surprised when he asked her out. She would have thought she was not his type considering the vast difference in their circle of friends but he mentioned how his heart had been taken by her from the start and Suzy admitted that his smooth words were what that made her fall for him. However, the more she spent time getting to know him, a different side to his personality started to appear. One that Suzy was not equiped to deal with. It hurt her deeply the day when he left her with her unborn baby without any backward glance. Days of subsequent searching turned up nothing, till she had no choice but to reveal the truth to her father. Seeing the hurt and disappointment along with the anger in her father's eyes made Suzy ashamed of herself and vowed never to cause anymore of those feelings to appear on her father's eyes. She left and never went back. Suzy kept herself updated on any news that featured her father, but she remained in the shadows. Even when her father was hospitalised for a few weeks after her banishment. She had slipped quietly into the hospital room as he laid on the bed, among tubes and oxygen mask, crying silent tears, hoping for a day when her father will forgive her sins before she left the room. Not knowing that his eyes had opened and his hand was trying to reach up for her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mommy... Mommy.. Why are you crying?" Yoogeun asked. Startled out of her memories, Suzy quickly rubbed her cheeks to get rid of the tears before she smiled. "It's nothing, baby.. Mommy is just happy that Yoogeun is having so much fun at Lotte World.... Um, where's Minho hyung?" Looking around, Suzy was trying to locate her missing boyfriend when she felt hands covering her eyes as an object was placed on her lap. "Eh, what is this? It smells nice..." Minho smiled as he retracted his hands away. "Open your eyes and see, darling." Suzy gasped. There was a small box that was placed in the centre of a flower bouquet of red roses and baby's breaths. "Open the box." Minho instructed. With trembling hands, Suzy finally opened it to find a simple rose gold ring that had two lines intertwined at the middle with two 0.5 karat diamond and one 0.3 karat diamond.

 

 

 

 

"Suzy... Happy 100th day anniversary,darling... I know this is not the right place or right time for this but I... I feel that I can't wait any longer.. I.. I was a lost little boy before I met you and Yoogeun. My life, although filled with wealth was simply not enough to satisy my inner needs. Not even those flings with those women which by the way, I swear, no more of such things for me. I'm a one-woman man now... And... And I want to bring our relationship to the next level, I want us to be a family. With this ring that represent the three of us, I want to solidify my commitment to you and Yoogeun by asking you to marry me one day. We... We don't have to rush it by marrying now but I.. I hope you will say yes...." Giving Suzy the puppy-eyed look together with Yoogeun, Suzy guessed that they had rehearsed this before and seeing the two of them side by side, Suzy just knew what her answer would be.

 

 

 

"Yes..... I will..." Firm lips immediately touched hers as she basked in the happiness that she never thought she would ever have while Yoogeun was happily dancing and shouting in the background among the clappings of those who had overheard them, amidst the crowded amusement theme park. Suzy broke the kiss to hide her face within the bouquet of red roses while Minho high-fived Yoogeun and saying thanks to the crowds who dispersed soon after. "You know that you will be stuck with me for life..??" Minho joked as he slid the ring which was the perfect size for Suzy. Placing her arms over his neck, Suzy grinned before she replied. "And you are stuck with me no matter what... How.. How did you even planned this? It was perfect.. And to think I thought you would not have remembered our anniversary." She pouted as she recalled her disappointment. "Forget... Never... I will never forget, darling.." Kissing each part of her face as he spoke before landing a long one on her lips.

 

 

 

They ended the night with a fireworks display that made Yoogeun squeal with excitement as their hands intertwined as they sat on the open plaza in an isolated corner.  Each sending a silent prayer to the sky above that their relationship would grow stronger and for them to find ever-lasting happiness with each other by their side, supporting and loving till the end of days.

 

 

 

"Babe, do you think it's okay if I were to bring Yoogeun to my office for a while? I need to grab a document and you can have this time for a little R and R for yourself." Suzy bit her lower lip in comtemplation. A little time for herself was always welcomed but Suzy did not Yoogeun to misbehave especially if they were to go to Minho's workplace. "Hey.. Hey.. What did I say about biting your lip? These precious babies need to be protected. Wouldn't want them to be injured, do we? I mean, I still want to caress and kiss you later." Blushing, Suzy could only gasped as Minho lowered his head to capture her lips in a searing kiss. After much internal debate, Suzy agreed on the condition that Minho will inform Suzy if Yoogeun misbehaved.

 

 

 

Looking in amazement, Yoogeun commented."Wah.. Minho, hyung. Your office is so tall and big. Yoogeun sometimes followed Mommy to her workplace but it's not as big as this. One day, Yoogeun want to work in a place like this. So cool.. There's even a huge pond with fishes at the ground floor." Ruffling Yoogeun's hair, Minho just smiled. "Sure, you can, Yoogeun.. Just remember to study hard and get good grades and you can be like Minho hyung. Okay, Minho hyung needs a few minutes to settle with Dara noona and Onew hyung at the other room. Yoogeun, stay here but if you need anything, you come and find Minho hyung, Okay?"

 

 

 

Yoogeun nodded as he took out his homework to finish before school starts on Monday. Being a clever boy, he managed to get it all done in less than half an hour. Soon, he started to feel bored and decided to ask Minho hyung if he could go to the ground floor to look at the fishes. However, when he sneaked a peek into the conference room, he could see that they were in the middle of a serious conversation. Biting his lower lip, Yoogeun contemplated his choices. In the end, he decided to leave a note on Minho hyung's table and went down to the lobby. When he went to the pond, he saw an elderly Harabeoji feeding the fishes. Curious, he decided to approach the Harabeoji and maybe, he could get to feed the fishes too.

 

 

 

"Anneyonghasaeyo, Harabeoji." Yoogeun bowed. "My name is Yoogeun. May I feed the fishes too?"

 

 

Startled as he did not expect to have any company, the man turned around. However, in the midst of turning, his shoe had stepped on a slippery rock. He would have fallen into the pond, if not for Yoogeun's quick reflexes. Yoogeun immediately grabbed hold of his coat in order to stabilize the old man. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry, Harabeoji. Yoogeun did not mean for that to happen. Please forgive my thoughtless actions."

 

 

 

"It's okay, boy. At least, you saved this old man from falling into the pond. Imagine how embarrassing it would be? So, what are you doing here? Usually, there would be no one here at this time. You are not a ghost, right?" The old man enquired. " Hahaha.. Harabeoji, you are so funny. Yoogeun is not a ghost. How can a ghost rescue you? My hands would not be able to grab your coat." Bowing once again, Yoogeun continued. " Yoogeun is sorry if Harabeoji became scared earlier. Yoogeun came with Minho hyung but Yoogeun got bored of waiting. Yoogeun thought that Yoogeun want to play with the fishes while Minho hyung is busy."

 

 

 

"Minho hyung... Hmm, I did not know Minho had a younger brother. Oh well, care to feed the fishes with Harabeoji? Harabeoji have a lot more fishes to feed." Smiling broadly, Yoogeun nodded. Seeing the smile on Yoogeun's face, Mr Bae can't help but remember another person with the same smile. The sunshine that brightened his life. His baby girl which had gone missing for the past ten years. He had tried to find her but she disappeared from his life. It was all his fault. He knew it. If only, he had not given in to his temper, she would still be with him with his grandchild. Bae Yongjoon's heart bled whenever he recalled that fateful day. The day he disowned her. "Harabeoji, are you okay?" Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Mr Bae just smiled back at Yoogeun while engaging the smart, young boy with conversations.

 

 

 

 

About half an hour later, it was a harried-looking Minho that had greeted Mr Bae and Yoogeun. "Yoogeun, here you are. Minho hyung was looking everywhere for you... Don't go anywhere without telling me first, okay? Hyung was so worried that something might happen to you." Seeing Mr Bae, Minho bowed. "I'm so sorry, Sir. I'll make sure that this never happen again."

 

 

 

Mr Bae waved away the apology."It's okay, Minho. This young man had been a great company. I got to know more about Christiano Ronaldo and Pokemon and Lotte World from him and I must admit, it was quite entertaining. Such a smart boy. I might even scout him in the future to work for this company like you. A great mind should not be wasted." Turning to Yoogeun. "Well, Yoogeun, it was my pleasure to keep you company while waiting. I do hope to see you around. Feel free to come here and chat with harabeoji, okay?" Yoogeun grinned and nodded his head. Yongjoon was sincere when he gave that invitation. Never had he felt such a strong connection with this boy and he would love to spend more time with him. Perhaps, this could help in mending his lonely heart who still pined for his daughter and grandchild.

 

 

 

"Well, Minho hyung's work is done. Let's say goodbye to Mr Bae and go back upstairs to pack your things. Your mommy said she cooked Seafood Marinara Spaghetti today, your favourite." Yoogeun's eyes twinkled as he could visualise his food in front of his face and walked quicky towards the lift but not before waving goodbye to the nice Harabeoji. 

 

 

**************************************************************************

Welcome, Harabeoji Bae.. Aka Suzy's father... (A/N: Bae Yongjoon really exist. An actor and a businessman but for this story, let's pretend that he's an old guy)

Oh wow, Yoogeun and Mr Bae met but unfortunately, they did not know of each other's relationship.

What will happen when Mr Bae found out??

Will Suzy and Mr Bae be able to mend their broken relationship?  Stay tuned......

 

Btw, a longer chapter coz I'm sorry to be updating slowly. Having no computer really and using the hp to update can really get on my nerves and make me lose my muse.. Sorry about this.. Hope you like more of MinZy moments coz unfortunately, things will not stay that way for long...