A Chance of Something New (12)

A Chance of Something New

 

"No.. Yoogeun.. Press X and B at the same time.That way, your player can kick far.... Hahaha... Not like that... You have to press both together.. "

 

 

"Hyuuuuunngggg, Yoogeun cannot do it. It's so hard... Why are the controls so difficult to press?"

 

 

"Aww, don't worry.. You can do it.. Even hyung needs to practise lots of times before I can do it....YES!!! Yoogeun.. Buddy, you got it.."

 

 

"Yay!! Hyung, Yoogeun did it. Yoogeun defeated Barcelona. Wait till Yoogeun tell all my friends at school. They will be so jealous. All of them don't even have the latest Winning Eleven game yet. Hyung is so cool. Hyung got the game before everyone else."

 

 

Suzy smiled as she kept hearing snippets of Yoogeun and Minho's conversation while she was busy preparing for dinner in the kitchen. She had to admit that she was quite taken aback when Minho suggested to have the dinner so soon after he arrived home. She would have thought that he would rather go out to meet up with his friends or a "friend" like the glamorous Yuri whom she saw with him weeks ago rather than spending time with Yoogeun and her. Yes, she knew who that lady was. Who wouldn't? Korea's most beloved socialite who had both brains and beauty. Yuri graduated from Harvard University but unfortunately, she rather have high tea and shopping sprees than to help in the family business. Being the sister of her direct boss, Kwon Jiyong, Suzy had seen Yuri visit her brother many times. There were times when Suzy did feel inferior compared to the glamourous aura exuded by Yuri and let her mind wandered to a different world had she chose the alternate path. Would her life be similar to Yuri's? Would she be living the high life and be comforted by material items, spending money as though it was nothing to be concerned about? Going out with tall, handsome men that catered to her every whim at the sight of a slight pout? Shaking her head, Suzy brought herself back to reality. No use thinking about matters that can't and never will happen.

 

 

She had not expected any other company that night and started on a simple dinner for just the two of them. However, a smile crept up her face as she indulged in her little peek-a-boo sessions in between cooking, even to the point of entertaining the thought of more than just one dinner with the three of them together. Yoogeun really had genuinely enjoyed Minho's presence in his life as evidenced by the glow on his young face and if her little sunshine was willing to let Minho into his life, Suzy doesn't see why she could not do the same. It would show Minho a good impression and at the same time, be very neighbourly. Plus, Suzy doesn't like to keep grudges. It was very exhausting and drained out her energy.

 

 

Amid laughter and fun talks with lame jokes inbetween during one memorable dinner, Suzy found that she was more than willing to let bygones be bygones indeed. Minho was very gentlemanly and charming, indeed. Suzy lost track of the countless times her breath hitched as Minho turned his full charm onto her. She could understand why women like Yuri would flock to his side. The way how he looked at her made her feel like she's the only one for him and yet, he never ignored Yoogeun's presence. It stirred feelings in Suzy that was forgotten and truthfully, deep inside her, she got a bit scared and did not know what to do. She knew that if she had loosen the barrier in her heart, she would definitely be falling in love with Minho. However, rationally, she knew Minho was trouble with a capital T. Suzy had a feeling Minho was not one to have a committed relationship and she did not want to allow herself to get hurt again as the feelings of abandonment scarred her deeply. However, each time those big eyes locked onto her, she could feel bits of her self-imposed barrier cracking.

 

 

"Knock.....Knock...."

 

 

Minho has just finished his shower and was about to go out to meet Onew to fetch his brother from the airport when he heard a knock on his door. Minho smiled as he walked towards the door, knowing that behind that door will be the little devil who would insist on playing football with him.To his surprise, Yoogeun was there with his mother who was looking quite flustered. It was only a few days after that wonderful dinner that Suzy had made. Although there was no mention of it, Minho had hoped for a repeat of that said dinner soon as he had genuinely enjoyed both the dinner and the company. He almost invited himself again the next day but he didn't want to show his desperation as to show any kind of weakness would reflect badly on himself and may even scared her away. He knew that Suzy was a delicate flower and would need to be treated as one. Even though she had not told him everything about her life, he sensed that what was being unsaid had left her with a big impact and it would take someone who was understanding and also having great patience to slowly bring her out of her shell. Minho hoped that one day, he would be the one who will be able to do that. That dinner had cemented his beliefs that what they shared could be something special. Throughout the night, Minho felt at peace and genuinely happy. Internally, he was amazed at the foreign sensations and wondered. He knew that his own skeletons will not make it easy for him to fully accept what his heart was saying but Choi Minho had always been a stubborn guy and a risk taker. Maybe it's time to explore those feelings and see where it would lead him.

 

 

"Um,... Um... Minho-ssi. Could I ask for a favor? I'm terribly sorry about this. I would not want to disturb you if it was not urgent. My boss suddenly called for an emergency meeting. A major corporation was thinking of partnering with my company and I have to prepare some documents for my boss to research... And, it might take a while. I.... I need someone to look after Yoogeun while I'm at work. I...I realized that it's a Saturday and you most probably have plans for today. It's just that...I... I.. have no other choices. Key is overseas doing his fashion show and my usual babysitter had fallen ill and somehow, everyone have a plan today. Minho-ssi. please.. Can Yoogeun stay with you? At least for a few hours.. I will rush back as soon as I can... Please???" Suzy pleaded as she tried to put on her sweetest smile. She was not willing to ask Minho as she was still trying to cope with the feeling he induced in her but she really had no choice. She can't take Yoogeun to her office.

 

 

"Don't worry about it, Suzy. I'm more than happy to have Yoogeun with me. Right, Buddy?" Minho paused as Yoogeun nodded in delight. He loved spending time with Minho hyung. Maybe, Minho hyung can teach him another tackle skill before his football competition. "As long as you are okay if I bring him along to meet a few friends? The thing is my best friend's little brother is coming back from the States and I was supposed to pick him up along with my best friend. I promise I'll have Yoogeun back here before nightfall. Are you okay with that?"

 

 

Looking down at Yoogeun, Suzy asked "If Mommy were to leave you with Minho hyung, will you promise me that you will behave and listen to Minho hyung and not make him angry? I mean it, little man. One word from Minho hyung about you misbehaving, you can forget about playing anymore football, okay??"

 

 

"Mommy, don't worry about Yoogeun. I promise. Yoogeun's a big boy now and can take care of myself. Go, Mommy.. You don't want to be late." Suzy hugged Yoogeun tightly as she was not keen on the separation but Yoogeun was right. If she doesn't leave soon, she would be quite late. "Minho, um, here's my number. Um.. Please call me if anything happened and I'll rush back. Again, thanks for the help. I.... er, I owe you one."

 

 

After Suzy left, Minho got both of them ready and took Yoogeun to the airport. Along the way, Yoogeun was in awe and kept on pointing out interesting things to Minho. Minho's smile faltered as he had always took this route countless of times and never really bothered to check his surroundings. For a child to express out his joy in such a way, made Minho slightly sad as his own childhood was never this pure and innocent. It had been filled with too many negative emotions that he had to grow up quickly. Without him realising it, a tear slipped down his cheek, surprising him. He thought that he had come to terms with what had happened to him but apparently, there were still some leftover emotions that he had to deal with. Minho was thankful that he decided to wear his sunglasses which was perfect to hide his eyes as they arrived at the airport at that moment.

 

 

"Wah... Minho hyung.. The airport is so big.. Check that out. They have a huge playground. Can Yoogeun go there to play? Can I? Can I?" Minho chuckled as he ruffled Yoogeun's hair. "Sorry, buddy.. Maybe later. I want to introduce you to Onew hyung first. Onew hyung is Minho hyung's best friend from school. His brother is back after completing his studies in the US and we are here to pick him up. Come. Let's go. Minho hyung promised we'll play later, okay?!!"

 

 

Yoogeun slipped his hand to Minho's and held on tight as they travelled among the large crowds of people, manuevering left and right as they tried to avoid luggages left on the floor. A shout of " Hey, Minho. Over here." stopped them on their tracks. Yoogeun saw a tall man walking towards them, with a smile on his face. However, before he could reached them, his foot accidentally tripped over a small luggage that was placed by an old lady moments before he fell. It was so comical that Yoogeun could not help himself. He knew that laughing at others after they fell was rude and Mommy will not be happy to know that he had misbehaved but the guy was so funny. His laughter rang out even before he could stop it. He tried to cover his mouth using his hands but there was a second laughter that joined in, causing more embarrassment to the guy on the floor.

 

 

"Haha, Onew. U okay?" Minho asked as he extended his hand out to Onew for him to lift himself up. "Let me guess, you were in your own world and did not see that luggage at all." Onew smiled even wider as he dusted himself. "Well, I can't help it. I was shocked. This is the first time I ever saw this and it's a miracle, I tell you. The Great Choi Minho with a kid beside him." Onew quickly took out his handphone and snapped a picture. "Yup, no one will believe me. I need some kind of photo evidence."

 

 

"Yah! I can't be that bad. Kids adore me, you know.... Anyway, Onew hyung, meet Yoogeun... Yoogeun buddy, meet my best friend, Onew hyung."

 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Onew hyung. Yoogeun is sorry that Yoogeun laughed earlier. Yoogeun did not mean to disrespect Onew hyung.' Yoogeun introduced himself as he gave a bow. 

 

 

"It's okay, Yoogeun. No harm done." Turning to Minho, Onew punched Minho's arm as he exclaimed. "Wow, Minho.. He looks just like you. Is he your son? Was there a secret love affair which I do not know of?" Minho smacked Onew's arm back as he tried to explain the whole situation. "No, dummy. He's my neighbour and his mom had to work. Got an urgent meeting with her boss. So, I'm being a kind neighbour and babysit Yoogeun for a while." 

 

 

"Hehe.. You a kind neighbour?? Hahaha... I think Key would disagree to that. I lost track of the countless complaints that feline spitfire had of you. I swear everytime I went over to your house, he would be there just waiting to unload and tell me to tell you to be a better neighbour... That reminds me, I hadn't been to your apartment for quite some while now, ever since you started going out with Yuri... You got a new neighbour??" Onew then whispered to Minho, seeing that Yoogeun was nearby. "Is the mom pretty? Knowing you, I don't think there's any dad involved. So, you getting some with her on the side?"

 

 

Minho smacked Onew's head as soon as he said those words. For some reason, he felt angry. Suzy was definitely not like any of those women he had banged since university days. His angel was way more innocent and demure to be associated with those women. "Yah!! She's not like that. For your information, I did not her at all. I was, seriously, being a good neighbour here. Sheesh..."

 

 

"Okay... Okay...." Onew put his hands up as a sign of surrender. "But it does not mean that you don't want to, right???!!!" Onew grinned.

 

 

Before Minho could rebutt, a blonde-haired young man was seen exiting the arrival hall gates and started to walk towards them. His smile, which was quite similar to his older brother's, widened before he shouted, causing both of them to pause and look towards the source. "Onew hyung... Minho hyung...I missed you..."

 

 

"Taeminnie.... You're back...."

 

**************************************************************************

A/N : I guess it's not a surprise to know who was Onew's little brother, huh?? LOL... Anyway, Welcome.. Lee Taemin.. :)

 

Me thinks Minho is slowly accepting the fact that he could be liking Suzy but Suzy, how about you? Will you be able to let go of the barrier around your heart?? 

 

Stay tuned for more characters to be revealed and some dramas to appear... 

 

Thanks for reading and liking my story...  :) Saranghaeyo....