A Chance of Something New (8)

A Chance of Something New

"Minho, aaahhh.. That's it.. , baby.. Right there... Aaaahh... Don't stop...."

 

 

"Knock... Knock.... Knock.... Knock..."

 

 

"Did you hear that?" Minho paused and looked up from between Yuri's thighs. He was puzzled as it was a sound rarely heard in his apartment. 

 

 

"Oh, for 's sake, Minho.. I don't hear anything. Don't stop what you are doing. I'm so close.. I swear if you don't finish me right now, you can forget about having for a week." 

 

 

"Knock.... Knock."

 

 

Seeing that Yuri was about to whine again, Minho quicky shushed her to hear better. Yup, he was right. There was someone at his door. Who? His curiosity got the better of him as he told Yuri that he would be back soon while he wore his robe on the way to his door, ignoring her frustrated look.

 

 

Yoogeun.....??? What the heck? What was he doing here, knocking on my door? Minho's puzzlement grew, seeing that sweet, cute boy waiting patiently through his peephole. 

 

 

As soon as his door opened, that little minx immediately stepped into his apartment. "Hello, Clumsy Ahjussi. Are you free to play with me? Mommy had to go to work for a while and left me with Uncle Key. Yoogeun tried to ask Uncle Key to play football with me but he doesn't want to. He keep on saying that his pretty skin will get ugly. How does that happen? Will he get all wrinkly like Harabeoji Lim? That would be so cool.. Do you think I could see that happen? He tried to make me play with Comme Des and Garcon instead but Yoogeun don't want to. I want to play football. Clumsy Ahjussi, do you want to play with Yoogeun? Uncle Key said that you play football very well. I want to be a striker like Ronaldo. Can you teach me, please?"

 

 

"Woah, Yoogeun.. Slow down. Breathe, boy... Um, Yoogeun... Ah, um, now is not a good time? Um, Ahjussi is not free right now... Maybe another day?" Minho blushed, knowing that he was practically almost in front of a kid. Wanting to distract the little minx before he started to ask weird questions, Minho decided a diversion was needed. "Does Uncle Key know that you left his house? Don't you think that he would be worried?"

 

 

"Oops.. He didn't know.. I forgot to tell him. Well, he was taking so long to finish his shower. I can't wait."  Yoogeun looked down as his legs shuffled against the carpet. "Sorry, Clumsy Ahjussi. Yoogeun know that Yoogeun should not have done that, but the shower takes so long. Yoogeun watched two cartoons and Uncle Key was still inside." 

 

 

"Sigh.. Just wait here for a while. Let me change then, I'll bring you over to Key's house. Yoogeun, next time you have to ask for permission first. What if Uncle Key  finished his shower and saw that you are missing? He would have panicked and called your parents. You wouldn't want them to be worried too, right.. Not knowing where you were and whether you had been kidnapped or not?"

 

 

Yoogeun shook his head in shame as his shoulders shook with his attempt to conceal his crying. Bending down, Minho felt guilty for making him feel bad but he felt that it was a much needed lesson. "Come here.. I'm sorry if I made you cry but you must not do this again, okay? Your parents love you and I know you love them too. You wouldn't want to make them worried, right?" Hugging Yoogeun tighter, he forgot that Yuri had been waiting for him in his room until Yoogeun whispered loudly.

 

 

"Ahjussi... Why is that Ahjumma not wearing much clothes? Does she not have money to buy clothes to wear? Mommy have some clothes to give away if that Ahjumma wants. Mommy say it's always good to give away to those people who needs it more than us and that Ahjumma looks like she needs it." Turning back, Minho heard Yuri gasped before she walked away furiously and slammed his door. Wincing at the thought of having to pacify her, Minho turned back to Yoogeun while trying his best not to laugh at the whole situation after analyzing that Yooeun was just seeing things from his 10 year-old eyes, instead of trying to ruin his date with Yuri.

 

 

"Come on, sport. I think I better return you to Key now before my love life goes down the drain. God knows, how much 'painting' I have to do before Yuri forgives me...." 

 

 

"Painting? Are you an artist too, Clumsy Ahjussi? Wow, that is so cool. Ahjussi, you can do everything. Are you like Iron Man? Can you build things like flying jet packs?"

 

 

"Haha.. Remind me not to say anything in front of you. No, Yoogeun, I'm not a painter or someone like Iron Man. In this sense, I'm talking about a different kind of painting which you will only get to learn when you are way older, all right?!! Come, let's go. By the way, don't call me Clumsy Ahjussi. It makes me sound so old. Call me Minho hyung, okay?" 

 

 

"🎶Ring Ding Dong... Ring Ding Dong...🎶" Minho decided to ring Key's doorbell, hoping that the Diva-like man had actually finished with his long shower. He was not exactly keen to be out in the hallway with just his robe on. Minho had his es but being an exhibitionist was not one of them. "🎶Ring Ding Dong.. Ring Ding Dong..🎶" Minho could hear a flurry of sounds coming from behind Key's door and wondered if Key had noticed Yoogeun's disappearance. A second later, Minho got his answer as the usually stylish man was in shambles, with his green top mismatched with his yellow pants as though he had put them in a hurry. Key sighed in relief upon seeing Yoogeun. 

 

 

"Oh my god, Yoogeun. Yah! Where have you been? Don't you dare scare Uncle Key like that ever again?!! Do you know how worried I was when you were not around? I almost called your mother in a panic." Key exclaimed as he turned Yoogeun around and around, trying to check whether he had been hurt in any way. Once he was satisfied, Key told Yoogeun to enter before turning to Minho. "I don't think I want to know why are you in just your robe, almost too. Not that I'm complaining though, but I guess you were the one who found Yoogeun. Thanks for that. I don't think Suzy would like it if he was really missing."

 

 

Suzy. So, that's her name. Nice name. Easy on the tongue too. A man could get used to saying it. Oh god, Minho. You are doing it again. Stop it. When will you get it? She's already taken. As Minho was having his internal dilemma while walking back to his apartment, a small voice had taken root at the back of his head. A voice that would make its appearance more often in the near future. Psst, Minho... There's no sign of a husband anywhere. No ring on her finger either.. 

 

 

Knowing that Yuri was still fuming in his bedroom, Minho knew that it will take a lot of efforts on his part to calm her down. Mentally preparing himself, he anticipated a long evening ahead. Somehow, at that moment, Suzy's face flashed in his mind. He just hoped that he would not say the wrong name later on. 

 

------------------------------------------ 

 

After Suzy picked Yoogeun up, she was notified of Yoogeun's little adventure which resulted in a slight outburst in which Yoogeun was promptly lectured before Suzy kneeled down to hug him tightly. After having him in her life, Suzy cannot imagine a day without him. Peppering his face with kisses, Suzy apologized for leaving him, vowing to be a better mother. "Mommy, I'm sorry. I promised that I will inform you whenever I want to play with Minho hyung. I really like Minho hyung but I also promised never to do it again. Sorry, Mommy." Sneaking a peek to check his mommy's anger level and seeing none, Yoogeun cocked his head to the side before asking "Then, can I play with Minho hyung this Sunday? Please, Mom.. I promise to finish my homework on Saturday." 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

"Knock... Knock...." 

 

 

Putting aside his newspaper, Minho sighed deeply as he had a rough idea who would be knocking on his door on a sunday morning. His only day off in a string of busy days. He had thought that the boy would have been grounded for life or even had given up the idea of wanting to be his friend. After all, it had been two weeks since that incident. 

 

"Anneyo, Minho hyung. Sorry, I can't come earlier. Mommy was a bit angry with Yoogeun. That's why Yoogeun cannot come to play with hyung." A bit? On seeing Minho's raised eyebrow, Yooguen grinned. "Hehehe.. Okay.. She was very angry. She say that Minho hyung is a bad infl..influ...influence. Yoogeun don't understand that word though and Mommy did not explain but Yoogeun managed to make Mommy agree to letting me come over to play today. I was very good. I even helped Mommy to clean the house yesterday." Yoogeun said with pride showing on his face. "Then, I tried to make tea for Mommy. I was very careful. I made sure that I didn't hurt myself pouring the hot water from the flask but I think I accidentally put in salt instead of sugar. Mommy's face when she tasted the tea was so funny. Hehehe... After that, she say she gave up. She say something like she still want to live and not get poisoned.. Haha.. Mommy is so funny. Yoogeun will never poison Mommy. Silly Mommy. Mommy say I can spend 3 hours here if Minho hyung is okay with it. Can I, hyung? Can I?" Looking into Yoogeun's eyes, Minho found it difficult to refuse him. "Okay, but first why not we ask your mommy and daddy's permission whether we can go play football in the park nearby? We don't want to worry them anymore, right?"

 

 

With his head bowed down, Minho would have missed his whispered words if not for the fact that Minho was standing beside him. "Yoogeun have no daddy. Only Mommy and Yoogeun." It was said in such a sad tone that Minho's heart clenched in sorrow. "Mommy say Daddy died before Yoogeun was born. When Yoogeun was growing up, Mommy is always working so Yoogeun is always alone. I see all my friends have a mommy and a daddy. Yoogeun also want Daddy but Mommy always cry at night so Yoogeun keep quiet because Yoogeun don't want to make Mommy cry more." Yoogeun started to sob louder when Minho hugged him, giving him the warmth that he craved for. "Yoogeun want to play football with Daddy, learn to ride bicycle with Daddy and even go out to Lotte World with Yoogeun's mommy and daddy but Yoogeun don't dare to tell Mommy. Please, Minho hyung. Don't tell Mommy. Yoogeun don't want to make Mommy sad."

 

 

"Hey... There.. There, sport. Don't cry. Men don't cry, okay? We are strong and tough. Hyung promised not to tell your mommy about what you told me. It's our secret. Never will these lips say anything. Scout's Honor. Now, you said you wanted to learn to play football like Ronaldo, right? Come, let Hyung teach you. I was the team captain of my school's football team and we won all our matches, you know.There's so many tricks Hyung can teach you."

 

 

"Wah, Hyung.. That's so cool. I want to learn, but... can we ask Mommy to come too? She doesn't go out much other than to go to work or to bring me to school. Yoogeun thinks she will enjoy the park. Mommy can sit down and watch us play or she can even read her books." Lowering his voice, he whispered "Psst, Hyung.. Can I tell you another secret? Mommy likes to read books that have pictures of boy and girl and they po-po. Eeewww.. Gross.. Yoogeun accidentally saw her book one night. Mommy likes to hide the pictures by covering it but Yoogeun knows. Hahaha... " Stunned for a while, Minho suddenly laughed aloud, wiping his tears as he shook his head. Yoogeun was one interesting kid indeed.

 

 

_________________________________________________

A/N.. Hi, all.. Just wanna say a big thanks again for all who voted, subscribed and commented. It was a huge pleasure to be creating this story that you are interested to read. This chapter is a bit of a filler as I wanted to show Yoogeun and Minho's interaction before MinZy starts.. Hehehe. Hope you enjoy reading it..