No Return

Queen B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls stood around the hallway of the hospital nervously.
"You girls should go home," Sooah's mom told them in a tired voice, "your mothers must be worried."

"They won't say anything since we're with Sooah," Darae told her.

Ran trembled slightly.

They heard running and Sooah's mom frowned at the newcomers in tuxedos.

"As we thought," Suho gasped for air, "we worried it was Sooah in the hospital."

"Who is this?" Sooah's mom asked Ran.

DO felt a pang in his chest when he saw Ran's pale face and trembling hands.
"Our classmates," Ran told her, "they transferred from Canada this year."

"Omoni, what happened to Sooah?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol nudged him violently.

Mrs. Lim looked at them cautiously. "What's your relation to my daughter?" she asked.

The boys looked at eachother. It was unusual for mothers to be so cautious of the people who came to visit their child in the hospital.
"We're her friends," Kai grinned, "we met by chance and we've been visiting since then."

Mrs. Lim continued looking cautious but there was no time to explain further. The surgery room door opened and Sooah was wheeled out.
She was still asleep from the anesthetic but the doctor looked grim as he approached Mrs. Lim.

"What's wrong?" Darae whispered, grabbing Kaori's arm for support.

A quiet but strangled gasp erupted from Ran. All eyes followed the path of Ran's to the blanket covering Sooah's lower body. There seemed to be a volume missing under the blanket.
"Y-you amputated her right leg," Chanyeol whispered.

The doctor looked at her mom with a strained expression. "It was our best option," he told her, "we mentioned this was a possibillity during her reconstruction surgery for her vessels."

Mrs. Lim stifled a sob and nodded. "Does Sooah know?" she asked.

"We received her permission in the OR," the doctor told her.

They looked at Sooah and could detect a trace of dried tears.
"She'll be in a lot of pain physically and emotionally when she wakes up," he warned them, "you need to brace yourselves and watch Sooah carefully. And let us know if she seems strange. She might suffer from depression."

"Can we just get her back to her room?" Mrs. Lim said quietly.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hospital Lounge]

"Go home, you don't want to be here anyway," Misao said, getting a Pepsi from the vending machine.

Sehun glanced up from his iPad. "You don't seem to be the type to hang around your friend's hospital room either," he said.

"Sooah's a special friend. She's my only true friend."

"What about the others?" Sehun asked, "you're always hanging with them."

"We're all united because of Sooah. I told you, I never even talked to Kaori until Sooah's incident. We don't knwo much about eachother."

Sehun smirked. "So the incident is related to Sooah sunbe?"

Misao looked at him sideways. "Why are you interested in finding out what the incident is anyway?" she asked.

"I'm not," Sehun shrugged, "but my hyungs are. And it seems to be affecting me from having a peaceful school life so yeah, I guess it concerns me a little."

"Peaceful school life?" Misao scoffed, "usually that never happens. If you had a peaceful school life in Canada, that means you were either at the top of the social heirarchy or near the top and chose to ignore all school violence and bullying that goes on."

"Sooah-sunbe was bullied?" Sehun asked.

"sooah?" Misao aske incredulously, "of course not.She's pretty, friendly, star athlete, star dance team... people don'tbully people like her."

They both received a text informing them that Sooah was awake.
"Are you coming?" Misao asked the younger boy. Sehun nodded.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter