Sunday evening: Kaori and Misao

Queen B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Two years ago - Thursday after The Incident]

"Mi-chan wake up!" an unfamiliar voice yelled out knocking on the door to Misao's dorm room.

Misao groaned. It was 3AM.
She muttered irritably as she pulled open the door. "Great," she muttered.
It was the school chairman's niece and daughter of some great sponsor. What was her name? Honda Ka-something...

"Are you Mi-chan?" the girl asked. She was in her pink satin pajamas which was a first.

"To my friends," Misao said frowning. She pulled out her glasses from her pocket and peered at the intruder.
"I'm Kaori."

Kaori, that was her name. Misao idn't get why she was here. They never talked. 3AM was a bad time to introduce yourself.

"I know," Misao frowned.

Kaori walked into her room without invitation and sat on the only comfortable chair in the small room. Rolling her eyes, Misao took the next comfortable chair, a small plastic stool.
"I'm sorry but is my scholarship cancelled? Did they send you to cancel my scholarship?"Misao asked Kaori.

Kaori blinked. "What? No I'm here about Sooah- wait youre on our scholarship?"

"Never mind," Misao frowned, "how do you know Sooah?"
Misao met Sooah when she was studying in Japan for a semester. Sooah was Misao's first true friend and rival. She had been used to girls approaching her to get help with studying. So when Sooah approached her, she had expected some request for help. She was surprised, unpleasantly, when she learned that Sooah had pushed her into 2nd and took over 1st place. Being around Sooah, Misao enjoyed her time more and was able to seem more agreeable. It had earned her scholarships, internships, and work study opportunities.

"We were friends when we went to Taiwan for summer camp," Kaori said. They had grown close at a camp they went to when they were 11. Sooah had kaori's respect. She was everything Kaori had attempted to buy.

"What about her? Is she okay?" Misao asked. It was 3 in the morning after all.

"Let's go," Kaori said, "there's a helicopter in the field waiting to take us to the airport."

"Is she hurt? what happened?" Misao asked again, feeling panicked.

Kaori looked at her seriously-a first since she was always with her light headedd groupies.
"Sooah's dying, she's in surgery."

Misao paled. "What happened?" she asked.

Kaori shook her head. She looked angry. "I don't know," she said, "I just got a call from one of her school friends and they say she was almost killed. She's burned all over or something? They say she has to get multiple major surgeries."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys stood nervously in the elevator. After the unexpected situation at school, they hadn't been to any galas with potential sponsors for a while.

The party was held on the penthouse ballroom of Miu Hotel. When they entered the hall, it was easily one of the most extravagant parties they had attended.
"There's my contact who got us tickets," DO nodded at a familiar reporter who was talking with an important looking man with a girl hanging onto his arm.

"What are you doing here?"a familiar voice asked.
Misao was sitting on a table with her tablet. They boys frowned.
"Why're you here?" Sehun asked harshly than he intended.
But the boys were smiling-or hiding their smiles-at her. Misao was always very serious and strict and today, she was in a pink dress with frills and lace. By the way her hair was pulled and styled and the unlikely makeup she had on suggested she was forced into the dress and make up.

"I'm staying in this hotel and Kaori wanted me to come," she said bitterly noticing their stares.

"She's here too?" Baekhyun frowned, "is everyone here?"

"Only us for now. Darae might come later," Misao nodded over at the girl hanging on the arm of the important looking man, "she's with her dad."

Sehun scoffed. "Her dad?" he asked.

"He owns the hotel," Misao said matter-of-factly. She noticed Kaori turning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter