Secrets

Queen B
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exo sat comparing notes about the interview while eating lunch in the repressing dining hall of their school.

"Are we really going to expose the school system in the school?" DO asked, replacing the carrots that Kai was removing from his plate.
("Eat your carrots," he added to the side.)

"Of course!" Baekhyun said, "this is practically bullying of the entire school!"

Chanyeol cleared his throat. "Actually, Alice called me out last night," he said, "she doesn't want us to talk about that during the interview."

Kai looked at him confusedly. "Why?" he asked.

Chanyeol paused before answering. "She's worried that our entire interview might get scrapped."

Baekhyun and Kai smiled. "So like her to be worried about us," Baekhyun grinned.

Chanyeol wasn't sure what it was but something was tugging the back of his mind. It felt weird that Alice called him out at night to ask him not to talk about the student council. Why didn't she just say it at school? He had noticed there was a bit of panic on Alice's part and he couldn't imagine why.
There was another thing that bothered him. Alice had mentioned to him that she thought that, in her words, "our business should be handled by us. You don't need to be involved."

The distinction of us and you was just like what Darae was saying.

"I still think we should talk about this," Sehun said seriously, "if not for the school then just for our sake. They really get in our way."

"Is there a way to keep Sooah out of this?" Baekhyun asked. He worried about the quiet and friendly girl in the hospital ward.

Suho sighed. "Maybe we should try talking with them one last time before our interview today."

"No need," a cool, feminine voice said behind him.

Kai looked up and forced a grin. "Vice president!" he greeted her with fake enthusiasm.

"Do your interview," Darae repeated, smiling. Her long brown hair brushed lightly against Suho's arm as she sat down next to him with her tray.
The other students' murmurs buzzed around the lunchroom.

"Hello!" Kaori sang, taking place at the table between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Misao sat in the next table, fiddling with her phone.

"Look we don't want to make trouble," Suho said.

Kai nodded. "Especially since you're all so pretty," he winked.

"Especially because you're Sooah's friends," Baekhyun reminded them.

Darae and Misao observed the boys with cool eyes. "If you think there's a problem in this school, you need to expose it," Darae said, "that's good citizenship right?"

"Apples," Suho said suddenly in a breathy voice.

"And-what?" Darae looked at him distracted.

Suho blushed. "Oh sorry," he grinned sheepishly, "your hair smelled like apples so..."

"It's my conditioner," Darae said matter-of-factly.

Kai gave Suho an amused look. "Really smooth," he whispered sarcastically to Suho.

"In any case," Misao cut in, "the point is you can say what you need to." She glanced at Kaori and Gaeun sending them a pointed look.

Kaori and Gaeun immediately stood up on the seats and called for attention.
"Attention! Attention!" Kaori called in her Japanese accent.

Gaeun flipped her perfect dolled hair and pursed her freshly glossed lips.
"So it seems," she yelled over to be heard by everyone, "our very own EXO will be doing an interview today."

The students whispered excitedly. "They are concerned about the methods used by our student council," she continued loudly, "they will be addressing the concerns and their concerns about the school doing nothing to prevent the council from acting against the students wishes."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter