08

She's Already Taken

Kyungsoo spend the rest of the evening talking with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Yixing before she and Hongbin returned to the Inn they’d chosen to stay in during their stay in Luvalas.

 

“Did you enjoy your evening?” Hongbin asked as the two sat in the living area in front of the fire place.

 

Kyungsoo smiled “I did, it was quite an enjoyable night. Seeing Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Yixing again after so many years.”

 

Hongbin smiled at his little sister “Well, I am glad then. Did you ever find that someone you talked about before we went inside?”

 

Kyungsoo shook her head “No, but I received a letter from them not too long ago, I’ve been promised company soon.”

 

Hongbin smiled “Is it too much to ask to meet this someone who’s gathered your special attention?”

 

“Of course.” She smiled “But that will have to wait, I’m heading to bed for the night, you should too soon.” She said standing up.

 

“I will.” Hongbin chuckled before following shortly after she’d left.

 

 

The next morning was quiet and Hongbin had slept through almost all the morning while Kyungsoo had gotten up and ready around ten and decided to take a stroll through Luvalas.

 

“Hello young lady, would you like a hairpin?” Kyungsoo stopped at the woman’s little vendor.

 

“They are beautiful.” Kyungsoo smiled looking at each hair pin.

 

The woman smiled “Thank you, Princess Lilliana stopped by just before you did, it must be wonderful luck today to see two very beautiful girls at my vendor.”

 

“Princess Lilliana?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

The woman nodded with a smile “Oh yes, the youngest of the Kim princesses. She and prince Jongin are very close, it was quite surprising not see the two of them together.”

 

“Prince Jongin, the only prince of Luvalas, right?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Yes, though he is almost twenty four years old this winter and has not yet married! All of his elder sister have and yet he still wishes against marriage.”

 

“Maybe Prince Jongin is waiting for his Princess to come to his recue?” she smiled.

 

The woman laughed “You are most correct! I am sure that is his reason!” Kyungsoo and the woman laughed without a care in the world.

 

“I hope Prince Jongin finds his princess soon, she will most definitely be a lucky woman.” Kyungsoo smiled even though she had not the slightest idea who Prince Jongin was, he seemed much loved by his people.

 

“He will, I have the utmost faith, as he is the one to inherit the throne soon as well, I’m sure he wishes to focus on that instead of a wife.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded “That would not be a bad thing, your people are very important.”

 

The woman nodded in agreement “Kyunggie!” Kyungsoo turned to see Baekhyun and Yixing waving at her.

 

She smiled and waved back but then motioned them over to look at the pins as well “Oh my, these are so beautiful.” Baekhyun said looking at the table.

 

Yixing smiled picking up a purple and silver pin with a moon and stars dangling from it “This is beautiful.”

 

“How much for this one?” Kyungsoo asked the woman for Yixing.

 

The woman smiled and shook her head “It is on me, you and your friends will wear them better than anyone in the land, I am more than happy to give them to you.”

 

“Nonsense!” Kyungsoo said “Why don’t we repay you by you spending the afternoon with us?” the woman’s eyes went wide.

 

“Oh! I couldn’t!” She said shaking her head “I have my family and home to tend to. I do greatly thank you for the offer.” She smiled grateful.

 

“What are you two talking about?” Baekhyun asked as she and Yixing tried to understand what Kyungsoo and the woman were talking about.

 

Kyungsoo smiled “She said to pick one out, she said she is more than happy to give us each one because she thinks we will wear them better than anyone in the land.”

 

Baekhyun and Yixing stared at Kyungsoo before they exchanged a glance between the two of them and then went up and each gave the woman a warm hug and Baekhyun then took off her silver heart necklace she had gotten in Iravahl years before and put it on the woman “Kyunggie, tell her she is not to take this off as it is my gratitude for the beautiful pin.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded “Baekhyun says you are not to take off the necklace, it is her way she wishes to repay you for the beautiful pins you have given us.” The woman touched the necklace and gave a soft and little bit of a teary smiled and bowed.

 

“Thank you so much.” She said.

 

Baekhyun took a guess at what she had said and hugged her again “You are most welcome.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled watching the two before she picked out her pin, a black pin with beautiful rubies and sapphires and a few small chains connected to and from the pin. Baekhyun on the other hand picked a pure gold pin with pearls and diamonds and three little birds hung from the pin.

 

 

“So Xing, any luck with your mystery man from the ball last night?” Kyungsoo asked Yixing as they sat by the fountain in town square.

 

Yixing laughed “Any luck? Darling, please. His name is Joonmyun, he’s from the kingdom of Elain in eastern valleys, he and his younger sister are attending the festival in the absence of their parents.”

 

“Where are they?”

 

Yixing shrugged “I did not ask, his little sister was coming and I can’t say she seemed too fond of her elder brother talking to me.”

 

Baekhyun frowned “Hm, well, his loss then.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement “Most definitely his loss indeed.”

 

Yixing laughed at her two friends “Has anyone seen Chanyeol?” she then asked.

 

“He is with Hongbin and Yifan is what he told me before leaving.” Baekhyun answered.

 

“Probably terrorizing the woman in town.” Kyungsoo said making her two friends laugh.

 

“Let’s keep looking, this place is so pretty.” Baekhyun then said standing up.

 

“Miss Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo turned to see Letty jogging towards her.

 

“Letty? What’s wrong?”

 

“Master Oh says he would like to speak with you urgently.”

 

“Sehun does?”