05

She's Already Taken

“Prince Oh didn’t look too pleased earlier.” Kai said softly walking with Kyungsoo.

 

She shrugged “He’s never happy about anything if you ask me.”

 

“I suppose I can agree with that.” Kai chuckled making Kyungsoo smile.

 

“I can’t help but wonder what Princess Luhan thinks.”

 

“How so?”

 

“She seemed surprised to see you talking to another woman.”

 

Kai chuckled nervously “Well, she never has really seen me doing such a thing, I so suppose it’s only natural.”

 

“Looks like a ladies man, yet had never really spoken to a woman before.” Kyungsoo chuckled making Kai laugh.

 

“I’m not that bad.”

 

“Oh? Are you sure? Princess Xi seemed very surprised.”

 

Kai rolled his eyes with a chuckle “You’re something else Kyungsoo.”

 

“Yes, well, I am me.”

 

“Dinner may not be for a while yet, what else is there to do in this castle?” Kai asked looking around the main room.

 

Kyungsoo frowned a little but shrugged “I don’t really know, I don’t usually do much in this castle cause I can’t.”

 

Kai laughed at that “Why am I not surprised?”

 

Kyungsoo frowned and nudged him “Rude.”

 

“Sorry, but I couldn’t let that one slide.”

 

Kyungsoo just rolled her eyes with a smile “What does Kai want to do?”

 

“Let’s see, what does Kai want to do?” Kai asked himself making Kyungsoo giggled “Ah, I know what Kai wants!”

 

“Oh? And what is that?”

 

Kai smiled and held out his hand “A dance Princess Do?” he asked.

 

Kyungsoo stared at him for a moment before slowly putting her hand in his “O.. kay.” She whispered.

 

Kai pulled her against him resting his hand gently on her hip as Kyungsoo brought her other hand up to his shoulder. “Hm, this is nice.” Kai chuckled starting to dance bringing Kyungsoo with him.

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

There was no music, however, to Kai and Kyungsoo, music was the least of their concerns. Being together in the simple way of dancing was calming to them, it was simple and sweet.

 

“You’re a good dancer.” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

Kai hummed “My parents did make sure I knew how to dance, that and my sisters loved to dance.”

 

“Well, you’re quite good, I am impressed.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

Kai chuckled as the two continued to dance without a care in the world.

 

 

 

“Princess Do,” Kyungsoo looked up at Luhan “What is Klarine like? I’ve never been there, but Yifan absolutely loves it there.”

 

“It is warm almost year round, it gets a little cold during the usual winter months and snows a bit, but other than that it is quite warm.” Kyungsoo answered.

 

Luhan smiled “That sounds nice, it’s usually pretty cold in Iravahl since it’s rather close to the mountains.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded “Having the water so close I does wonders to the usual climate.”

 

“Maybe the next time Yifan goes, I will accompany him.”

 

“If you do, I would be glad to see you, my mother is nothing but very prominent company, a little bit of subtlety would not be opposed on my end.” Kyungsoo chuckled making Luhan laugh as well.

 

“This is the first you’ve spoken of Klarine in such a way.” Sehun said staring at Kyungsoo.

 

She met his gaze “There is not often company in this castle who wishes to hear.” She answered curtly.

 

Luhan frowned and then glanced at Kai, who she’d noticed, hadn’t hardly taken his eyes off her since they’d sat down “That is truly too bad, I do love listening to you talk Princess Do, your voice is very calm and sweet.”

 

“I thank you Princess Xi, maybe later we can have an audience of our own at a later time to talk?”

 

Luhan smiled clasping her hands together “That would be most wonderful!”

 

“So. Kai.” Sehun then started looking at Kai.

 

Kai looked up at Sehun from his plate “Yes?” he asked.

 

“You are as Luhan said, not the talker, yet you are in the company of Kyungsoo quite often, are you still as mute?” he asked.

 

Kai leaned back in his chair putting his napkin that was once on his lap on the table next to his plate “Miss Kyungsoo is very enjoyable company, never a shortage of conversation speaking to her.” He said, his eyes never leaving Sehun’s.

 

“Hmm, is that so, then why is it that you do not speak much when Luhan and I are around?”

 

“May I answer that honestly Prince Oh?” Kai then asked.

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow “Please.”

 

“You two are often too wrapped up in each other’s company to notice that of others.”

 

Kyungsoo could not help but smirk ever so slightly at his words while Luhan and Sehun stared at him in awe “Kai…” Luhan said softly “Is that true?” she frowned.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I apologize then.. I did not realize.” Luhan looked down.

 

“It is nothing to be ashamed of, it is simply the truth to Miss Kyungsoo and I.”

 

“You two do seem to be quite friendly, how long was it before I was allowed to call you by name?” Sehun asked Kyungsoo.

 

She looked at him “You are still not allowed to do so.” She said “Letty!” she said and a petite young maid came rushing out of the kitchen with a smile.

 

“Yes Miss Kyungsoo?” she asked brightly making Kyungsoo smile.

 

“A piece of chocolate pie? Please?” she asked.

 

Letty giggled “Of course Miss Kyungsoo!”

 

“Wait, Letty?”

 

She looked at Kai “Yes Mr. Kai?”

 

“May I steal a piece as well?” he asked with a smile.

 

Letty giggled again “Two pieces of chocolate pie, coming right up!” she smiled before turning back towards the kitchen.

 

“Stealing my pie. I see how it is.” Kyungsoo said softly making sure Kai was the only one who heard her.

 

Kai smirked at her words “Going to get even, darling?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled cocking an eyebrow “Of course.”

 

Letty then came out with a tray with two pieces of pie and two small cups of vanilla ice cream and set them in front of Kyungsoo and Kai. “Is there anything else I may get for you Miss Kyungsoo, Mr. Kai?” she asked.

 

Kai glanced at Kyungsoo who shook her head before he smiled at Letty “No, Letty, thank you though.”

 

She smiled “Of course!” she said before going back to the kitchen.

 

“You are much closer to the staff than I realized.” Sehun mumbled.

 

“Yes, well when they are your only company, you become very close.” Kyungsoo said before cutting Sehun out completely by eating her pie and ice cream.

 

Luhan looked between Kyungsoo and Sehun before she stood from her seat “Excuse me for a moment, I shall be back.” She said before leaving the dining table.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai paid no mind while Sehun watched after her.

 

 

Luhan returned shortly later and sat down for the remainder of dinner and once dinner was over, Kyungsoo retreated to the gardens after changing into a lighter gown for the rest of the evening. Sehun and Luhan disappeared like always and Kai, well Kyungsoo did not know where he want either.

 

It was a warm night and Kyungsoo walked leisurely through the gardens, enjoying the evening air. “Miss Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo turned to see Letty standing behind her “Letty?”

 

Letty bowed and held out a letter “A letter just arrived for you Miss, it is from your brother.”

 

Kyungsoo took the letter, instantly recognizing the writing “My brother?” she asked confused.

 

She opened the letter and quickly read through its contents before she ran back inside leaving Letty behind wondering what had happened.

 

Not sure what to do, Letty ran back inside trying to find Kai, knowing that Sehun would be of no use.

 

 

“Mr. Kai!” Letty burst through the parlor doors to see Kai sitting in the chair reading a simple book Letty recognized as one of Kyungsoo’s.

“What’s wrong Letty?” Kai asked standing up.

Letty quickly caught her breath before talking “Miss Kyungsoo received a letter from home just a little while ago and she ran off into the castle, I did not know what else to do, so I came straight to you. I think something happened.” She said.

Kai frowned “Thank you Letty, I will find her.” He said before quickly leaving the parlor in search of Kyungsoo.

“Kai!” Kai stopped in the middle on the staircase to see Luhan walking fully dressed towards the castle doors “We are leaving. Now.” Her voice gave no room for argument.

Kai stared at her as Luhan left the castle leaving the maids following behind her bringing her things out, Kai then saw as they brought his things out.

 

“Kyungsoo..” Kai whispered softly.

 

-------------------

 

Hi Guys~!

So here's another update and I think this is actually my first author note for this story o.o I apologize, I'm usually in a bit of a hurry when updating. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I love your comments, they make me so happy that you guys like the story!

I will say however, that we are halfway done with it though, but fear not! Lots of long chapters and handsome Kai ^.^

I'll be updating within the week, thank you guys so much for supporting and commenting! It means so much to me and I love you all!

If you haven't already, please check out some of my other stories :)

Four Years Later... -Baekyeol and all of EXP

B l a c k - Sulay

Caramel Chocolate Kiss - Sulay

That Moment When - Sulay

Owl Eyed Slave - Kaisoo and Baekyeol

Thanks again guys and I'll hopefully see you all soon!

Love you!