02

She's Already Taken

Long Chapter :)

 

 

Oh Sehun. Age 20. Prince and heir to the throne of Wisteria. He’s cocky, arrogant, egoistic, a sadist and nothing but rude. Kyungsoo is his betrothed completely against his say, his mother fancied her so he was now stuck with her. How he hated it.

 

Kyungsoo was beautiful, but that was really all he could give her. She was too quiet and her large eyes scared him a little. She was the epitome of introvert and he found it very distasteful.

 

 

The next night, the castle would be having visitors from a neighboring country of which Sehun was looking to build an alliance with. However, Sehun has little to no knowledge of this country, he had just recently heard of it and had read maybe a paragraph or two out of one of the books in the library about it. He was in the position of a pre-pubescent boy talking to a grown woman in this situation and it greatly displeased him.

 

Kyungsoo would also be of no help. She barely knows anything of the country she’s in now let alone one he himself barely knows anything about. He was at quite the disadvantage at the moment and it was nearing midnight, he’d be spending the day tomorrow making sure the castle looked perfect as well as making sure Kyungsoo didn’t step foot out of her room. He didn’t need her ruining anything.

 

In the letter he received, it looked like the crown princess and her servants and her closest aid, or body guard was more like what it seemed to be would be coming. Sehun didn’t really care, princess or not, he was already betrothed and the only way he would be able to get out of it is if Kyungsoo’s family were to back out of the engagement. And that didn’t look like it would be happening anytime soon in the next century.

 

He didn’t want to accept it however, he always thought he would get to be that prince in the fairy tales where he’d find that perfect girl and fall in love and his parents approved and he’d get to marry her. How stupid that was now…

 

 

The guests arrived much quicker than Sehun was prepared for, they were almost two hours earlier than planned, but thankfully Sehun was quick on his feet and made it seem as if they’d simply been awaiting their arrival.

 

“Welcome to Wisteria, I am Oh Sehun, crown prince and heir to the throne.” Sehun smiled with a bow when he saw a rather built man dressed in almost full armor step out of the carriage, the man turned to Sehun and gave a respectful bow before he stepped to the side and help out his hand.

 

A delicate and small hand reached out to take his and Sehun watched as a very petite girl stepped out of the carriage. She wore a pale pink dress with her light sun colored hair braided over her shoulder with a flower. Seeing her face… Sehun almost forgot how to breathe. She had warm brown doe like eyes, pink lips, and her face was perfect. Her milk colored skin was beautiful.

 

Sehun cleared his throat “Welcome to Wisteria my lady, I hope you find yourself to be at home during your stay.” He bowed.

 

She looked up at him and gave a warm smile “I thank you prince Oh, I hope to be at home as well.” She said softly. “I am Xi Luhan from Iravahl, but please call me Luhan.”

 

Even her voice was perfect.

 

Sehun smiled “Of course, Luhan.” He waited a moment to say her name. It was beautiful.

 

Luhan made her way up the stairs to meet him “This is Kai, he’s my close friend, he seldom talks though, so please do not take his silence as an insult, that is simply how he is. He is very polite.” Luhan said looking up at him.

 

Sehun glanced at Kai who was standing a good five feet away, the two exchanged a nod before Sehun turned back to Luhan and offered his arm “Well, let us head inside then, I can give you a tour of the castle and show you to your rooms.”

 

“That sounds nice, thank you.” And the two made their way inside with Kai trailing behind really minding his own business.

 

 

Kyungsoo has stayed in her room the entire day thus far, her door had remained locked since Sehun had so rudely shut it the night before.

 

She knew their guests had arrived, she watched the carriage enter the gates. She didn’t care much to catch of glimpse of their visitors though. She didn’t honestly care about it.

 

She’d changed from her night gown, however she’d stayed in one of her day dresses. Nothing extravagant. Simple and comfortable.

 

She was rather bored though, she loved reading, but one can only read so much. She’d even taken a long and peaceful nap.

 

She wasn’t the least bit surprised when the west wing of the castle where her room was skipped through the tour Sehun was bound to give. However, when she heard voices and a door open and close, she become confused. Were the accompanying servants staying in the west wing with her now?

 

Classic Sehun.

 

Childish brat.

 

 

It wasn’t until well after dark that Kyungsoo left her room for the first time since the day before. She needed a walk. She grabbed her cloak and wrapped it around her bare shoulders and slipped on her ballet flats before making her way down to the west gardens where she knew Sehun wouldn’t see her.

 

It was warm outside, there was a very small breeze, but other than that, with her cloak just in case, Kyungsoo felt perfect. It was also a full moon. Finally. The gardens were lit by the moon as well as the lanterns Kyungsoo had hung herself earlier that summer. They were all different colors illuminating the garden.

 

It was beautiful and Kyungsoo loved it.

 

Someone then cleared their throat behind her and Kyungsoo froze.

 

Sehun had figured out she had left her room and the castle.

 

.

 

She slowly turned around, however, she did not see her childish fiancé standing behind her. But a very handsome man who looked to be a tad older than herself, tanned skin, big lips, dark, y eyes and a very well built body, she could see his veins protruding out of his arms and hands.

 

The two stared at each other for a moment before Kyungsoo composed herself “Who might you be?” she asked softly.

 

“I am Kai.” He answered, his voice deep and husky “Who are you?”

 

“Kyungsoo…” she answered softly still in a bit of a daze.

 

“What are you doing out her my lady? It is late.” Kai asked.

 

Kyungsoo brought her arms up and held her arms gently “Fresh air really, being cooped up all night and day is rather suffocating.”

 

“Night and day?” Kai asked confused “Why have you been stuck in your room for so long?”

 

Kyungsoo wanted to scoff Because of my stupid fiancé she wanted to say “No particular reason, really.” She lied.

 

Kai nodded slowly “These gardens are beautiful, were the lanterns your doing?” he asked looking around as the illuminated garden.

 

Kyungsoo smiled a little “Is it obvious?”

 

Kai gave a small smile “Not really, just a lucky guess.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded with a small smile “It needed a little more than just the natural light, I thought that adding the lanterns around would bring out more of their beauty.” She said walking over and playing with a purple colored lantern.

 

Kai watched her with curious eyes, where did she come from? Prince Oh hadn’t said a single thing about another lady in the house “Why are you here?” he heard himself ask.

 

Kyungsoo stopped what she was doing and let her arm fall to her side “I’d like to say I’m here visiting as well, not that I’d prefer to be in the company of Sehun, but that’d be a lie.” She said softly turning around to face Kai.

 

“So, if you are not a guest…?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and ran a hand through her long dark hair “I was brought here under my parents will, I am betrothed to Sehun.” She said looking down at her hair between her fingers “Something the two of us are not the least bit pleased about.”

 

Kai stared at her surprised “What?” she asked.

 

“You… You’re prince Oh’s fiancé?”

 

“Unfortunately.”

 

Kai was at a loss of words… if this girl was his fiancé, why was he acting the way he was with Luhan? Well, Kyungsoo did say neither one was happy about the arrangement, but does Prince Oh not have the slightest amount of dignity, he was spoken for, yet he was flirting with another woman.

 

Kai would honestly be lying if he said he wasn’t appalled.

 

 

“I can hear a slight accent in your voice, where are you from Kai?” Kyungsoo asked after a while.

 

Kai blinked and recomposed himself “The northern mountains, Luvalas.”

 

“Luvalas?” Kyungsoo asked surprised “I went on vacation there once with my family when I was small.” She said softly, speaking the native language of Luvalas. Luvalan.

 

Kai stared at her “You speak Luvalan?” he asked shocked.

 

Kyungsoo smiled “My mother is Luvalian, she’s taught me the language since I was four.”

 

“How interesting, we are so far away from the North Mountains, it’s surprising to come across someone who speaks my native language.”

 

“My home is somewhat closer to Luvalas than Wisteria, however, very few among my people speak Luvalan.”

 

“Where is your home?” Kai asked intrigued.

 

“Klarine.”

 

“Klarine? My uncle was born in Klarine.” Kai chuckled.

 

“What brings you to Wisteria?” Kyungsoo then asked.

 

“Princess Xi of Iravahl, I am accompanying her here, though it seems the prince has taken a liking to her, so I doubt I’ll even be further needed after today.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded hardly surprised “Well, maybe Sehun will treat her as a human being and she’ll be happy under his care.”

 

“You and the prince truly have no affection for one another?”

 

Kyungsoo shook her head “Unless hatred can be counted as affection.”

 

Kai nodded before looking up at the sky “The stars are much easier to see from home than here.”

 

“You can’t see much here… there are so many lights down in the city.”

 

“I used to love hiking up the mountains to my little spot I found when I was younger to just sit and watch the stars, count the shooting stars.”

 

“I used to climb from my room to the roof of the castle to star gaze, mother would always get upset, but it was something that put me at ease.”

 

Kai glanced at Kyungsoo from the corner of his eye, she was petite, average height, definitely taller than Luhan, she had pale ivory skin that looked so smooth, her big brown eyes were beautiful and her voice was melodic and she was beautiful. Surprising him by being able to speak his native tongue and then sharing that she was Prince Oh’s fiancé wasn’t what he was expecting, she’s a princess from Klarine, a kingdom he’d visited many times before and quite liked.

 

Kyungsoo was definitely something else. And he didn’t mind one bit.

 

He felt as a gust of wind came through and Kyungsoo tightened her cloak a little as it blew through her midnight black hair, Kai then shrugged off his own cloak and wrapped it around her “A princess should stay warm.” He said softly.

 

She turned to look at him surprised, her large eyes even larger “You didn’t say, but my uncle used to tell me about the beautiful princess of Klarine with hair as pure as the midnight sky, and how sweet she was, playing with the children down in the markets. You are quite famous princess Kyungsoo.” He said tucking a stand of her hair behind her ear.

 

Kyungsoo just stared at him before she slowly looked down feeling a little embarrassed “Um… I didn’t realize.”

 

Kai chuckled “You are, uncle had many stories about you, I used to wonder about what kind of princess lived in Klarine who would act in such a way, but now that I have met you, I am not disappointed, the princess of Klarine is exactly as uncle had said.” Beautiful.

 

Kyungsoo swallowed the small lump in , she was at a loss for words “Thank you… however, I am not that great…” she whispered.

 

“I doubt that. However, we can argue this later, it is late and a princess needs her rest. Let me you back inside.”

 

“No, it’s quite alright, I can walk myself.”

 

“Nonsense, let me be a gentleman.” Kai chuckled offering his arm.

 

Kyungsoo looked at him before she smiled softly and lightly shook her head taking his arm in hers and Kai escorted her to her room.

 

“Goodnight princess Kyungsoo, I hope to see you in the morning.” Kai said softly when they arrived at Kyungsoo’s room.

 

“Thank you Kai, you have made this an enjoyable night. Goodnight.” She said before disappearing into her room for the night.

 

Though, once inside, she leaned against the door and smiled just a little bit like an idiot at how her heart fluttered at the thought of what had happened and how sweet Kai had been.