06

She's Already Taken

“Where is Luhan?” Sehun burst into the kitchen. “Letty!” he shouted.

 

The petite maid come rustling out scared “Y-Yes?”

 

“Where. Is. Luhan.”

 

“He-Her and Mr. Kai left the castle last night…” she said softly.

 

“What!?” Letty flinched backing away. “That ing Kyungsoo.” He grumbled before leaving the kitchen in pursuit of his “fiancé”

 

 

Walking into the west wing of the castle he went straight to Kyungsoo’s door and kicked it open “Kyungsoo!” he shouted walking into the room.

 

Kyungsoo was not there.

 

Sehun looked around. The room was empty. Kyungsoo’s things were gone.

 

“What the hell is this?!” he yelled.

 

 

 

“Did you know?” Kai looked at Luhan confused.

 

“Did I know what?” Kai asked.

 

“About Princess Do and Prince Oh. Their engagement.”

 

“I did.” Kai answered.

 

Luhan stared at him “And you didn’t tell me?”

 

“I honestly did not see the point in doing so.”

 

“Did not see the point?! I made a fool of myself Kai!” she shouted.

 

“But you didn’t Luhan. Sehun pays no attention to Kyungsoo. You saw for yourself, I met her completely by chance when she was escaping for a while, when she saw me, she thought I was Prince Oh. There to punish her. You wish to know the true reason you did not see Kyungsoo or hear her at all?” Kai asked raising his voice.

 

Luhan stared at him for a moment before slowly nodding her head “Sehun loathes Kyungsoo, the only reason she is there is because her father thinks Sehun is the perfect man for her. You saw how he spoke to her, how he ignored her. Kyungsoo is a beautiful girl and with Sehun around, it’s like she’s a puppet. She can’t do anything. The night I met her,  and the times following, this past week, Sehun has been so occupied with you, that it has given her the chance to finally get out and not have to worry about him finding her somewhere he doesn’t want her.”

 

“You’re joking right? He did not treat her like that!”

 

Kai stared at her “What reason would I have to lie Luhan? You know me.”

 

Luhan frowned “I’m so dumb… I finally find someone I like and he’s engaged…”

 

“I understand your pain Luhan.. I do.”

 

 

“Mother!” Kyungsoo pushed open the throne room.

 

“Kyungsoo!” an older woman with the same owl eyes and pure ebony hair came running to her daughter enveloping her in a hug.

 

“What’s happened? Why the urgent letter?” Kyungsoo asked quickly.

 

Eunhye looked down at her daughter and gave a soft smile “There is someone here who has asked to see you urgently.”

 

Kyungsoo stared at her confused “Who?”

 

“Me.”

 

“And me.”

 

Kyungsoo turned to see her two closest friends standing in the doorway of the throne room, Kyungsoo smiled seeing them “Baekhyun, Chanyeol.” She said.

 

“Hey Soo baby, it’s been quite some time.” Baekhyun smiled.

 

Kyungsoo just laughed and ran up to her friend and hugged her “Baekkie.” she smiled.

 

"And what of me? Do I get a hug too?" Chanyeol chuckled.

 

Kyungsoo laughed as she hugged her giant of a friend. "I suppose."

 

"We missed you, Valrid isn't much for company." Baekhyun laughed.

 

kyungsoo laughed as well "I'm sure it's not, nothing much but forest there."

 

"Indeed, but it is a beautiful place." Chanyeol added.

 

Kyungsoo nodded "I'll have to visit sometime." she smiled.

 

Baekhyun chuckled "Speaking of visiting," she started catching Kyungsoo's attention "A good friend of Chanyeol's is hosting a ball for the summer solstice, would you care to join us?"

 

Chanyeol nodded "Jongin insisted I bring my closest friends which truly only amounts to you two as well and Yixing, but we have already contacted her, she is on her way here as we speak."

 

Kyungsoo smiled "Yixing is definitely agreeable company, she's quite funny too. I would be delighted to join you."

 

Baekhyun clapped her hands happily "Oh good! I was afraid I'd be alone since I know Yeol will be with Jongin most of the night."

 

Chanyeol just laughed shaking his head "I would not leave my closest friend alone at a party, you know that." he said poking her forehead.

 

Kyungsoo just smiled watching the two. Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been her closest friends for as long as she can remember, neither is a prince or princess, but that does not stop them. Kyungsoo has never heard much of Chanyeol's close friend Jongin, but from the things she has, he is very nice, quiet, but respectable and Chanyeol assures her and when she meets him, she will find him charming and likable.

 

Kyungsoo met Baekhyun first of the two, but they'd already been friends for years by the time Kyungsoo came into the picture, but Kyungsoo had no idea she was only the daughter of a Duke, she acted like a princess, had the manners of one, she was almost exactly like Kyungsoo. Chanyeol as well, he was the eldest son of a Clergyman and he too did not act as one, but a prince.

 

And Yixing. That girl. She was very amusing company and Kyungsoo could not help but love the girl. She was a mere few months older than herself, but she acted like a child at times and made for probably the best company in awkward situations at times.

 

"When do we leave?" Kyungsoo then asked.

 

Baekhyun smiled "We were thinking of letting you rest for the night and leaving in the morning."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled "Why on earth would you do that? Once Yixing arrives-"

 

"We're leaving, I'm excited to go." Chanyeol cut in making the girls laugh.

 

 

And true to his word, Yixing arrived a couple hours later and hugged her friends tightly before she too alongside Chanyeol corralled everyone including Kyungsoo's older brother into the carriage on their way to a party Kyungsoo did not know the location of.