01

She's Already Taken

“I’m living like a doll. I feel nothing like I am. I’m treated like a meaningless human. It is true I am the mistress of the castle, head female. But he thinks otherwise and has no issue showing it.

 

I’m living here as a future queen to a king who couldn’t care less. I’d prefer to have my prince charming come crashing into my life right now. Literally.”

 

 

 

“His majesty told me to inform you that he is going into town until tonight.” A maid said softly walking up to Kyungsoo while she sat in the foyer reading.

 

“We both know he said no such thing, I thank you for your efforts Lin, however I am in no need of false hope.” Kyungsoo said softly keeping her eyes trained on her book.

 

Lin frowned “My apologies my lady.” She said softly before leaving Kyungsoo to herself like she preferred to be.

 

Kyungsoo.

 

Do Kyungsoo. Age 24. Petite, dark haired and ivory skinned with large owl-like brown eyes. She was a very quiet girl, she always has been. She stayed to herself and hardly spoke to anyone. Only has one friend who still lives back in her home country nearly three days ride away.

 

Kyungsoo sighed closing her book and resting her chin in her palm. Another uneventful day.

 

She left the foyer to retreat to her room on the west side of the castle, as far away from the prince’s as possible. The way she wanted.

 

Her room was large and filled with things that reminded her of home. She had pictures of her family and close friend scattering her room. Her bed sheets were imported from her home as well. The room was filled with rather simple things, books and art. Though there was not much color. Her room was a simple, white with grey and hints of blue and black.

 

What a pathetic life really, Kyungsoo rarely left the castle as there was nothing to do in town. She’s lived here for only a mere four months. She’s familiar with the town, yet no quite yet comfortable with being out by herself.

 

It was honestly like living like a doll. An old doll no one touched nor wanted. Just left there to collect dust.

 

Days simply passed. Nothing eventful ever happened unless her “Fiancé” had something he was upset about.

 

She sighed sitting on her bed and bringing her hands to her face gently rubbing her tired eyes.

 

Suddenly, scaring the life out of Kyungsoo, her bedroom door flew open and in came her very angered looking fiancé.

 

He gruffed something before looking at her “We have important guests coming tomorrow evening. Do. Not. Step a foot downstairs after they have arrived.” He said coldly.

 

Kyungsoo stared at him with equal hate “I have no desire to do so. Your guests can relish in your company Sehun, see if I care.”

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at her before mumbling sly remark and slamming her door shut.