07

She's Already Taken

"It's been almost four years since I last saw Jongin, I can't help but wonder if he's even more of a lady killer now." Chanyeol chuckled as the carriage arrived.

"Luvalas." Kyungsoo said softly as she looked around, recognizing the beautiful mountain ranges.

Hongbin chuckled at his little sister "You recognize it so easily, I do say I envy you sometimes Soo." he said helping her out of the carriage once it stopped.

Kyungsoo smiled "Thank you dear brother, had it not been for a recent acquaintance, I'm quite sure I probably would have forgotten."

"Oh?" Baekhyun's attention was caught "Did you meet someone while you were at that dreadful boy's home?"

Kyungsoo chuckled "Thankfully yes, had I not met them, I wouldn't have come home so early."

"Tell me, is it a he?" Baekhyun asked chuckling.

"Yes, thankfully it was, there were quite a few maids and not as many butlers, and he was nice company to that of what I'd been previously stuck with."

"And his name? Please tell me, he treated you as a queen and not a maid like that brat does." Hongbin asked with edge.

Kyungsoo smiled "Kai. He was accompanying Princess Xi to Wisteria early last week, it was thanks to her keeping Sehun constant company that I was finally allowed actual company of my own."

Hongbin stopped at stared down at her "He was in the company of another woman, while engaged to you?" he asked slowly and Kyungsoo nodded. "I would love a nice long chat with Prince Oh, maybe dear Yifan would join as Princess Xi is his beloved younger sister."

"Please do. I'd rather not stay a day longer in his company as it is." Kyungsoo said walking down into the ball room, her arm linked with Hongbin's.

"However, I shall be the one who deals with that, you, my beautiful sister need to enjoy the night. Dance to your hearts content." He smiled kissing Kyungsoo's hair before disappearing into the crowd.

 

Kyungsoo wasn't sure where Baekhyun and Chanyeol had gone, but she wasn't worried, while parties weren't her favorite, she didn't hate them. She walked leisurely through the crowd, some people were dancing while others chatting away, Kyungsoo did not know what the host of the party looked like so it was of no use trying to introduce herself. She found herself standing next to the balcony of the ballroom, the open doors bringing fresh and cool air into the room.

"Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo turned to see a very familiar face and smiled.

"Yifan. Nice to see you again." She said.

Yifan smiled "You as well, you look very beautiful tonight." he said offering his hand.

Kyungsoo took his hand "Thank you, you look very handsome tonight as well." She chuckled.

"Hongbin told me what had happened while you were away in Wisteria. I apologize. For my sister... as well as that you had to go through such a thing. And this Kai, I have asked around and it seems he is here tonight." Kyungsoo looked at Yifan amazed.

"How?"

Yifan chuckled "Kai is a friend of my sister's, not long time, but they are close and she tells me everything. She will be here in a while. As will Kai. Though the two are rather distressed."

"Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo and Yifan turned towards the voice.

Sehun.

He took a step towards her in which Yifan stepped in front of her "You will not take another step towards her." He said curtly.

Hongbin then came and stood next to Yifan "Tell me Prince Oh, which of our sisters do you have business with now? Or is there another princess in the room who beholds your special attention?" He asked.

Kyungsoo almost visibly gawked at her older brother's words.

"Kyunggie, there is someone asking for you, one of course who is most respectable, I shall you." Chanyeol said appearing into the party going on.

"Please take care of my little sister Chanyeol." Hongbin said.

"Of course Prince Do. She will be perfectly safe and in agreeable company for the night."

Hongbin smiled "Good, that pleases me so." He said and Chanyeol then lead Kyungsoo away.

"That was very tension filled if I do say so myself." Chanyeol said once they'd left the crowd.

Kyungsoo chuckled "Try being the center of it."

Chanyeol frowned "I'd really rather not, though I do thank you for the offer." He said making Kyungsoo laugh.

"Who wished to see me?" She then asked.

"Me. I met with Jongin earlier, Baekhyun is with Yixing, it seems she found someone to entertain and likes him very much so." He said.

Kyungsoo nodded "Yixing is a very nice girl, I hope she does not end up hurt."

Chanyeol nodded "There are enough beautiful girls who end up hurt because of these egoistic s."

"Which reminds me." Kyungsoo then looked up at her large friend "When do you plan on proposing to Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol turned visibly red and looked away "I... I do not think Baekhyun wishes her life to be spent with someone so low when she can have whoever she wishes." He spoke softly.

Kyungsoo glanced back at Baekhyun who was laughing with Yixing before looking back at Chanyeol "You know, Baekhyun tells me just about everything. I know who her first crush was, the boy she wanted to take her to the dance in town when we were twelve, the boy she wants to marry. I know everything there is to know about Byun Baekhyun. Even the man she's had her eyes on for years, head over heels in love with."

Chanyeol scoffed "Please do not tease me Soo."

"Teasing?" Kyungsoo asked "And who would I be teasing?"

Chanyeol looked down at her "What?" she asked "You can't actually be serious right now Chanyeol, are you really that blind that you haven't noticed this girl in love with you for god knows how long now! Goodness child, what have you been doing with yourself all these years for you not to notice?!"

He had no words and just stared at her "Oh for heaven's sake." Kyungsoo huffed and grabbed Chanyeol's wrist and drug him over to Baekhyun and Yixing "Baekhyun love, Chanyeol here wishes to dance, but we all know he can't unless it's with you." she said.

Baekhyun laughed and smiled brightly "Of course he cannot." She said before leading him to the dancing.

"Playing matchmaker this early in the evening Soo?" Yixing joked.

"Oh shut up, do you wish of me to find this gentleman who's captured your eye too?"

Yixing laughed "Oh please love, I am no need of assisstance. Wish me luck however." She smiled before walking off, her caramel colored hair flowing behind her.

"Excuse me, miss." A butler approached Kyungsoo. "I have a letter for you."

"A letter?" She asked aloud taking it confused.

 

Miss Kyungsoo, you look most beautiful tonight.

It feels as if it has been years since I last saw you, when in actuality it has only been a day. I unfortunately cannot offer you my company tonight as my parents wished to have me for the evening after being away for so long.

I would most love it however if you'd meet me by the gardens near the west entrance of the castle two nights from now.

K.Kai.

'Kai.' She smiled softly to herself before tucking the note away into ther top after making sure no one saw before enjoying the night. Waiting for two nights to arrive more than anything.