Introduction-Glassdroplets

As We Stood Under the Shining Stars (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria's POV

Glass droplets

I love you

Those were the three letters that I was never able to understand. As a kid I always wondered what it meant when my parents whispered those words to each other and when they told me that they would 'always love' me.

"Mama what does love mean?" I asked one night as i crawled into her warm arms.

My mother had replied with a gentle laugh "Um...lets see, what does it mean now..."

 "Its when Qian and Mama and Papa are together!" my father said hugging both me and my mother tightly making me feel warm and causing giggles from both me and Mama.

"Meaning something that will never change then right?" I asked and my father had replied with an "Of course that's right, it's something that will never change as we'll be together forever!" 

I used to believe him, thinking that love was more of the happy feeling I got when I was with both of my parents, something that couldn't change, something that will always remain. 

Until the day truth came knocking on the door.

"Bǎobèi, please lets not do this," I heard my mother beg in her tears as i opened the door to my house, just coming back from playing "Qian is still too young to understand what this will mean. Please if not for my sake then her's"

"Abela lets not do this," my father had said with a tired tone "I can't love you anymore. I'm exhausted with this kind of life, where not only  do i hurt you but me as well every single day. This will be the best for both you and Victoria, the best for all of us. It will be better if we let each other go" he said as he picked up his suitcase and proceeded towards the main door when he saw me. Funny enough, instead of comforting or explaining his 11 year old child what had just happened he gave me a sad smile instead and left without looking back. That was the last time i saw him.

Little did he know that what he thought was 'the best for us ' was far different from what really happened afterwards though.

At the age of 13, I had to move yet again to Qingdao, China, the only thing that was different was that father wasn't with us this time. I liked China a lot truthfully, it was the place i was born after all. But as time went by and i got older, i started to understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter