Promise

As We Stood Under the Shining Stars (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria's P.O.V

I always wanted to watch The Vienna Philharmonic live at least once seen I was young.

Their recorded tapes always played throughout our house when we were happy, when me and my mom and dad would laugh and cry along with me, when we were able to make promises to go and do things one day together.

It was all before everything broke apart. 

Yet even after I still asked my mother to take me to see The Vienna Philharmonic and what she always answered was,

"Since mommy can't go anymore and keep her promise I instead promise that one day you'll get to go see them yourself."

At that age I didn't know what she meant, but I think I understand now.

She trusted that someone one day will be able to complete all the promises she made with me that she knew she couldn't fulfill anymore. 

Maybe she felt guilty for not being able to give me the family and love I should have gotten as a child, but I like to think it was more of a blessing that one day I'll meet someone sincerely who can give me everything I couldn't receive in the past.

She always told me you can receive joy only after facing misery because only then can one value the cost of happiness.  

I guess she never really broke her promise even after she left. 

Lay's P.O.V

"Um...I wanted to ask you something..." My voice came out weaker than I had expected. The rain fell down heavier as we stood on the side on the pathway taking cover under the shop's shade.

"Hm?" Victoria nonna answered war

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter