The Truth

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Second last chapter. May have rushed this a bit so some parts might be a little off. I'll edit it another day!

 

 

25/12

 

The psychic told me that I could avoid death. She told me that once I was able to avoid the 4 times I were to die, I would be safe. I believed her. Now, looking back, I realised that I had made a foolish choice. Death was my fate. No matter how many times Joonmyun would save me, it would come and get me time and again. The more I avoided my fate, the greater danger I would be placing Joonmyun in. 

 

Joonmyun didn't deserve to get hurt. I should have done something to protect him. It's all too late now. 

 

I waited for the impact to come. Strong, sturdy arms wrapped around my frame as the car collided against the thick tree trunk. The glass shattered and rained upon us. Smoke was coming out from the hood of the car. Any moment now, the car may burst into flames. 

 

I opened my eyes slowly. Joonmyun had shielded me. 

 

My head was dizzy as I analysed the surroundings. I had sustained a few scratches on my arm while Joonmyun had gotten a deep cut on his forehead, his blood slowly oozing out of the wound. His body had also sustained cuts from the broken glass and his arms had spots of red blood. 

 

No.

 

No, this can't be happening.

 

No.

 

My breathing had become irregular. Suddenly, I felt breathless. I gripped onto the side of the car and tried to take long, deep breaths. It wasn't working. I felt as if I was drowning. I couldn't breathe. My mind was clouded with wild thoughts and my eyes weren't able to focus.

 

My breaths became shorter and shorter. I lifted my hand and placed it on the side of sunbae's face. Hiccuping, I managed to whisper, "Su-sun- Sunbae."

 

"P-please- Please ans- answer m-me." I called out to him but his eyes remained closed and he showed no signs of movement.

 

A voice inside my head kept shouting, "He's gone! It's all your fault! He's gone!"

 

"N-no, no, no," I chanted as I shook my head vigorously. I shook sunbae lightly, "No! J-Joonmyun y-you have to wak-wake up!"

 

I choked and tears started streaming down my face. What have I done?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter