The Woman

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22/12

"My baby! Thank you so much!" I passed the small dog over to the woman and she hugged it tightly in her arms, "I thought I'll never see it again." 

"I'm glad I managed it find it." I replied, "I have to leave now." I excused myself.

"Wait!" She exclaimed, "I have to thank you properly." 

"It's fine." I shook my head, "I'll be taking my leave now." I bowed and bid goodbye. 

"Well, that was an unforgettable experience," Sunbae said while we headed back to the hotel. "Aren't you tired? You ran so much and I feel as if I barely did anything to help you." 

"If you're sorry then treat me to dinner." I grinned at him. 

"Haven't I always?" He questioned with a playful smile. "Why don't I cook for you instead?"

"Sunbae, you cook?" I asked, eyes wide.

"I've picked up some skills from Kyungsoo and I don't think I'm that bad at it." He said with pride.

"If that's what you say," I shrugged. I spotted the supermarket across the street and pointed to it. "If you're cooking, I'll pay for the groceries."

~

Fortunately, our hotel room had a mini stove and we were able to borrow some culinary tools from the kitchen. While sunbae cut the vegetables, I offered to prepare some fruits to fill his stomach while he was cooking. 

"Here, your apples are ready." I placed the plate beside the cutting board.

"My hands are dirty." He complained, "Feed me."

I was a little taken aback by his statement. No matter how close we were, we had never done such intimate things like feeding each other. Nevermind, I told myself. Sunbae was like an older brother and siblings would always do such things. This was nothing to be embarrassed or nervous about. 

I held a piece in front of his lips. He smiled and ate it happily. When he was done, he gave a thumbs up and compliemented, "That's my dongsaeng. Now give me another piece." 

I pouted and held another piece up so that he could bite it off the fork. After 2 more pieces, I became playful. When sunbae was about to eat the piece, I held it away from his face so that he would miss it. It was so amusing how I could easily turn his smile upside down. I shook my head, "Okay, okay, sunbae. This is real this time. Now open your mouth and say ah." I made airplane noises before putting the piece into his mouth. 

After he swallowed, he eyed me, "That was childish." 

"Aigoo our Joonmyunnie is eating so well." I teased, patting his head lovingly. 

He then furrowed his eyebrows and pointed at the sink, "Go wash the plates and set the table."

"But you haven't even started cooking yet." I retorted. 

"Go."

I frowned like a child who just scolded by her parents and did as he told. 

~

"Wow, beanpaste soup and stir fried beef. That's so korean." I inhaled the smell of the food, "But I love it."

Sunbae motioned for me to tuck in. After taking a bite of a piece of beef, my eyes lit up, "This tastes as good as it smells."

"Aigoo little Hana is eating so well." He teased with a playful grin while patting my head, reenacting what I had done to him earlier. I laughed, then glared at him, "Why isn't our Joonmyunnie eating?" 

Sunbae chuckled and nodded. In the midst of eating, he suddenly brought up, "What do you intend to do after you graduate?"

"I haven't decided yet but I'll most probably head towards the business sector. Maybe start interning at a few companies?" 

"You could come and work for my father's company."

"That'll be nice but I would prefer if I could get accepted by my qualifications instead." 

"Your mom told me that she'll be setting you up on blind dates soon." 

"What? She told you that?" I almost choked on my food. She didn't say anything about blind dates to me. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter