The Explosion

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

19/12

It took a while to get the guests out of the house. After I've done so, I proceeded to clear up the living room, where I found Joonmyun sunbae lying on his back on the sofa.

"Sunbae, it's dirty!" I exclaimed, running over to him with a cloth on my hand. He shooed me away, "Don't worry, I cleaned it while you were cleaning up the kitchen."

"Aren't you going home?"

"I'm staying." He announced and turned his body such that his back was facing me . 

"Sunbae, I'm not bothered by what the woman said. You don't have to stay over." I persuaded sunbae who refused to leave. 

He shook his head, "I've gotten permission from your mother. Besides, I'm Suho for a reason."

There was no use trying to argue with sunbae. I gave in and passed him some blankets and a pillow, "Will you be okay sleeping here?" 

He gave a nod and told me to go to sleep.

I scoffed, I had no idea sunbae was that superstitious. Besides, where else would be safer than my very own house? Everything would be fine.  

I told myself that I wasn't bothered by such nonsense. Yet, no matter how I tried to get myself to fall asleep, nothing worked. I tossed and the bed for hours before I decided that this couldn't carry on. I sat up from my bed and looked at the time. It was 3.45am in the morning. Might as well make myself a midnight snack. 

I stood up and tiptoed down the stairs. I tiptoed past the living room and found sunbae sleeping soundly, all wrapped up in the blankets I passed him. I muttered under my breath, "I told him there was nothing to worry about." 

My stomach growled and I frowned. I definitely needed a snack. I ransacked the cupboards in search of a packet of chips or some ramen that I could cook, but it seems as if luck wasn't on my side. I found nothing. Opening up the fridge, I finally found a box of half eaten chicken lying in the corner. It's way too cold to be eaten. I carefully placed the strips of chicken meat in the oven and turned the knob to heat it up. 

A loud clicking sound was heard and I furrowed my eyebrows. This wasn't supposed to happen. I checked the cable, the plug and the electrical circuit. Everything was plugged in properly. Then what was that weird noise? I scratched my chin as I tried to find the source of the noise as it became louder. 

"Hana!" 

I turned to see sunbae standing at the door of the kitchen. 

"Sunbae?" I questioned, trying to be sure that I wasn't seeing things in the middle of the night. 

"Hana, just listen to me. I need you to back away from the oven and stand behind the kitchen counter right now." He said sternly. 

"Wh-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter