The Confession

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***I had to rewrite this cause the website crashed halfway :( Enjoy!

 

 

"What are we doing here?" I asked as I stepped out of the car. I was greeted with a large building with posters of various brands plastered all over it. 

 

"Christmas shopping." Sunbae smiled before locking the doors. "It's a day before Christmas so there'll be tons of sales. Plus, I told your mom that we were going on a short trip for you to destress. We'll definitely have to bring back some gifts." 

 

"True." I nodded and followed behind sunbae as he led me into the building. 

 

"What should we get for your mom?" Sunbae asked as we browsed through various articles of women clothing. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know... To be completely honest with you, my mother was everything that she needs. But I can remember her telling me that she was envious of our neighbour because she had a silk scarf but she didn't. Maybe I should get her one."

 

"Something like this?" Sunbae asked as he held up a light purple silk scarf. I nodded and grabbed the price tag. Immediately after I saw the price, my smile turned upside down. "I didn't know silk scarves were this expensive. If I had a part time job, it'll take me at least 3 months before I can pay for it. Maybe we can look at other brands."

 

"Other brands aren't as nice as this one." Sunbae commented as he looked around us.

 

He was right. The other brands weren't as nice as this. They had funky patterns or large flower designs that I knew that my mother would detest. I knew that this purple one in sunbae's hands would satisfy my mother's wants for sure. I should just get it then.

 

"I'll get it." I said as I took the scarf from sunbae's hand and threw it in to the basket I was holding. Sunbae held my wrist, "I can share the cost with you. I fill like buying something for auntie as well."

 

"It's okay. You don't have to-"

 

"I insist." 

 

"Up to you then." I shook my head in confusion. I felt bad that sunbae wanted to pay half the price but I wouldn't complain if he insisted.

 

We went to the men's section to buy ties for our fathers. Next, we needed to get something for Sunbae's mother.

 

"I haven't seen her in a while. How is she?" I asked.

 

"Good as always. However, she's been complaining about the lack of visitors lately."

 

"Tell her that I'll come visit next time." 

 

Sunbae lifted his hands and shook them in front of him, "You don't have to. She's just a little sad that she doesn't have enough people to brag about the new flowers that she has grown in her garden."

 

"She's cute." I chuckled as my eyes landed on a painting hung on the wall. It was a close up painting of a red rose -- auntie's favourite flower. I remember visiting her in her garden a few years ago and she spent 2 hours telling me about red roses and how she grew to love them. They symbolised "Love" and this was something that she found deep meaning in. Maybe it was her influence but I slowly found myself becoming a er for sappy romance films which left me in a sobbing mess after every heartbreaking movie was over. 

 

I found myself walking towards the painting and then I pointed at it, "I think she'll like it." 

 

Sunbae nodded in agreement, "I think she'll love it too." He grinned back at me and I found myself staring at his face longer than I expected. Realising th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter