The Boy

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Unedited.

 

20/12

After getting me to sit down beside the driver's seat, sunbae jogged over to the other side of the car and got in. Slamming the door shut and stretching his arms, sunbae turned to me, "Have you packed all your stuff?" I replied with a nod.

"Just a second," sunbae leaned towards me as I held my breath. He was helping me buckle up. I could feel his body heat radiating off him and my face started heating up. Once he was done, he gave me a smile and then buckled himself up. 

"You could have told me and I could have done it myself, sunbae." I said, fiddling with the seat belt. He replied with a "It's fine" and started the engine. 

The ride was definitely a long and slow one, once I found out that we were taking the longer route towards Daecheon Beach. This was the first time that I was leaving with sunbae on a long trip away from home. We have gone on several 1-day escapades before, but this was my very first time going on a long trip with him. Just the two of us. 

"You're driving slowly today." I commented as I watched the car travel at snail's pace along the highway. All the other cars were overtaking us. Sunbae shrugged his shoulders as he continued driving at the same pace, "Just wanted to keep you safe. If you're tired, you could take a nap. I'll wake you up when we arrive at the rest stop."

I shook my head and carried on staring at sunbae as he controlled the wheel. The longer I stared at sunbae's side profile, the more I understood why my friends kept trying to get me to set them up with him. Maybe it was because I've never really taken the time to observe his face carefully that I've never believed their claims that Joonmyun sunbae's face was god's work of art.

I was suddenly reminded of Sujeong's initial crush on him when she would constantly whisper "Joonmyun oppa" very loudly into my ear. Each time he passed us, I would watch Sujeong's face light up and she would point at him excitedly. Sadly, her crush ended after 2 weeks when a new male transfer student joined her art class. 

My giggle caused sunbae to glance at me with a questioning look. I sat up straight and asked him, "How do you feel whenever a girl calls you oppa?"

"Am I supposed to feel different?" He asked back, "Honestly, I don't feel anything different once a girl calls me that. Maybe I feel weird when a girl older than me calls me oppa but other than that I'm fine with it."

"Then, would you like me to call you oppa?" I asked out of curiosity, "I've been calling you sunbae for all the years that I've known you and I don't have an actual older brother. Would you like to gain the honour of being my very first oppa?" I teased. 

"I don't care." He said as he kept a poker face. His cheeks were slowly turning pink.

I crossed my arms, "Fine then. Anyway, that honour was already planned for my first boyfriend. Too bad." I stuck a tongue out at him. 

Sunbae pulled over and there was a mischievious glint in his eyes as he stared back at me, "Are you being rude to me?" He joked. 

I raised my eyebrows and then leaned closer. "Maybe." I stuck out my tongue again. 

"You-" He unbuckled his seatbelt and then hovered over me. The sudden close proximity between us caused my heart to skip a beat. His face was inches away from mine as he glared into my eyes. 

I shifted slightly such that I could position my face closer to his. 

His eyes widened and I collided my forehead against his. 

Sunbae cried out in pain as he placed his palm on his red forehead. "Hana, you didn't ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter