The Moment

Running from Death (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***I'm extremely sorry for the long wait (has it been half a year?) I've been too busy with school that I had no time at all to write. Now that I've cleared my projects and tests (for now), I'll be updating again this weekend :)

Please leave comments! I'd like to know what you think of this story so far. 

 

21/12

"Noona come!" The boy repeated as he continued dragging me towards the ocean. The water was getting closer and closer and my feet were already submerged. I shook my head and attempted to pull the boy back, "No, we can't enter the ocean like this. Please, let's go back." I pleaded.

"But I want to play noona!" The boy retorted and stuck out his tongue. He held my hand with both of his hands and pulled me harder. The water was already at his waist and he was not slowing down. 

"I can't swim!" I admitted and pulled him back. I managed to overpower him at that moment. The instant my hands left his, I turned around and stomped back to shore. My knees were already wet and beads of sweat were rolling down my forehead. 

"You can't do this to me noona!" The boy complained behind me and ran in front of me to block my way.

"I told you, I'm not the noona you're looking for." I said sternly, crossing my arms over my chest. "If you want someone to play with you in the water, find somebody else. I can't swim." 

The boy furrowed his eyebrows and frowned. He stomped towards me like a spoilt child. He placed both his hands on my stomach and shoved me backwards roughly, "I don't care."

I grabbed his arms to stop him but he kept struggling. He kicked my right leg using all his might and continued to push me roughly towards the ocean. The pain on my right leg made it hard for me to walk out of the water. The temperature of the water seemed to be colder than before. 

For a small boy, he was very, very strong. Realising that physical strength was not going to help me in this situation (blame it on his kick to my right leg and scratches he gave while I fought against him), I attempted to convince him to stop verbally instead. "Ple-Please stop. Stop pushing me into the water! I'll play with you later. Just not now okay? I'll do anything!"

The boy pretended to not hear me.

The water level was already at my waist.

With one last shove, I tripped over my feet backwards and fell into the ocean.

Air was dragged out of my lungs. My eyes stung from the salty seawater. My arms and legs thrashed around wildly. The more I struggled, the deeper the water felt. I pushed against the water with my arms and legs, using all my energy to reach the surface. 

But I never did. 

Immediately, I regretted my decision. I never should have left the room like sunbae said. He warned me and yet I was stubborn.  

"Sunbae-" I coughed before I out. 

~

"Hana!" 

"Hana! Can you hear me?" I could feel pressure on my chest and then the same person was holding onto my shoulders and shaking me awake.

I coughed out water and tried to open my eyes.

"Oh my god, Hana, what happened?" The person sounded worried. I coughed again. Was I seeing things? Everything was still blurry but the figure reminded me of sunbae. Had I gone to heaven while dreaming of sunbae?

"Hana, are you alright?" The male's face was inches away from mine. 

"K- Kim Joon Myun Sunbae." I mutttered, eyes half-closed, "Sun- Sunbae."

I was pulled into his chest like a rag doll. He sighed, "Thank god you're okay. I thought you wouldn't wake up. Thank you so much." 

His arms wrapped around me protectively and I felt warm and fuzzy inside. So I was alive? 

"I'm so sorry." I croaked, voice cracking and all. A tear rolled down my cheeks, "I was wrong."

"It's okay now," He pat me lovingly on the head, "I'll carry you back to the room so that you can get some rest. Tell me all about it when you're feeling better, okay?" 

I closed my eyes, inhaled his scent and nodded. 

~

I woke up to the sound of water running. I pushed myself up and rested my head against the bed frame. 

"Did I wake you?" Sunbae approached me with a cup in hand. Placi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter