Purple

Deadly Assassins 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(2 Hours later)

“By the way, thank you for the necklace Luhan,” Victoria said pointing to her neck.  She playfully bumped his shoulder, “How did you know I wanted this for my birthday?”

“You’re welcome and a little bird gave me a list of what you wanted for your birthday.  The necklace was the first item that popped into my mind when I read the list,” Luhan replied bumping his shoulder back at her.

“Hey!” Victoria shouted as she ran into a garbage can. 

Luhan burst out laughing, “Sorry.  I didn’t mean to push you that hard.”

Victoria punched him on his right arm, “Bastard.”

Luhan shrugged his shoulders, “I said I was sorry,” even though he didn’t really mean it.  They walked past Kay’s Jewelry Store when a purple diamond ring caught his eye through the glass window.  He walked into the store and leaned down to observe the ring.  This ring would look really good on Nicole he thought as he waved his hand at the sales associate.

“Hello sir.  Is there anything I can help you with?” the sales associate asked.

“Yes, can you pull that purple diamond ring out for me please?” Luhan asked never taking his eyes off the ring.

“Is there a reason why you’re looking at this particular ring?” Victoria asked standing next to him.

“Yes,” Luhan replied not looking at her.  The sales associate pulled the ring out and handed it to him.  He examined it carefully and turned to look at Victoria, “Lend me your hand for a minute.”

Victoria did as she was told as he slid the ring on her middle finger.  Omo!  Is he going to buy this ring for me?

He took the ring off and gave it back to the sales associate, “I want to purchase that ring.”

“Excellent choice sir.  May I ask for the ring size for this beautiful ring?” the sales associate asked.

“What is your middle finger ring size Victoria?” Luhan asked looking at her.

“4,” Victoria replied smiling.

Luhan turned his attention back to the sales associate, “Size 4.”

“Very well sir,” the sales associate said as he scribbled it down on a piece of paper.  “Since you’re purchasing this ring today, you get free craving on the ring.  Is there anything that you want to be carved on the ring?”

Luhan thought about it for a minute before he replied, “Yes.  Please give me a piece of paper.  I’ll write it down for you.”

“Sure, no problem,” the sales associate said handing him a white piece of paper.

Luhan quickly scribbled something down and handed it back to the sales associate along with his credit card.  “When will the ring be ready to be picked up?”

“Your ring will be ready in two hours.”

“Perfect.  By the way, may I request for you to wrap it up with purple tissue paper too?  It’s for a very special girl,” Luhan said.

“No problem sir,” the sales associate said handing his credit card back.

“Thank you.”

“No, thank you sir.”

Victoria smiled widely as they walked out of Kay’s Jewelry.  She couldn’t believe he brought that ring for her?!  Should she buy something for him too? 

“What’s with the smile?” Luhan asked.

Victoria gave him a smirk, “What?  Can’t I smile?” 

“I didn’t say you couldn’t smile.  It’s nice to see you smile like that.  You should smile more often, it suits you,” Luhan stated walking into ’s Sporting Good.

“Hey, I thought today was my day to shop,” Victoria whined as she followed him into the store.  “What are we doing in here now?”

“I’m low on bullets.  I have to restock,” Luhan replied walking towards the gun department. 

“I have plenty at home.  I can just give you some, you know?” Victoria said walking closer to him.  “All you have to do is ask.”

Luhan smiled, “Thanks, but no thanks.  I like to buy my own.” 

Kim’s Hair Salon

“I must say miss, you’re the only girl that I have ever seen that can pull off the purple hair on an Asian girl,” the hair stylist said turning her chair around facing the mirror.  “Do you like it?”

“I love it!” I cried with happiness looking at myself in the mirror.  “You did a great job.”

“Thank you,” the hair stylist said lowering her chair down.  “You can follow me to the register for payment.”

I nodded my head yes getting off the chair.  I followed her to the cash register and handed her my credit card.  As I waited for the transaction to go through, a familiar person caught my eye as I saw him and a girl walking into ’s Sporting Good. 

“Here you go miss,” the hair stylist said handing my credit card back to me.  “Please sign here.”  I quickly sign the receipt and tipped the hair stylist $10.00.

“Thank you so much!” the hair stylist happily said.

I smiled, “You’re welcome.”

“Have a nice day miss.”

“Thank you.  You have a nice day as well,” I said walking out the salon and headed towards ’s Sporting Good.  It wasn’t because I wanted to follow Luhan and his girl, but I had to stock up on bullets.  The only problem is, do I want him to see me?  And my gut feeling tells me he is one of Donnie’s assassins.  Well, I guess the only to find out is to see if he has a dragon tattoo on his wrist.  Here goes nothing I thought following him and his girl towards the gun department.

Luhan grabbed 8 boxes of bullets from the shelf as Victoria raised teased, “Really?  8 boxes of bullets?  Why do you need so many bullets?  From I recall, you’re a really accurate shooter.”

“I told you already, I’m low on bullets so I need to stock up.  And yes, I’m still an accurate shooter.”

“Are you sure?” Victoria teased pinching his cheek.

Luhan flinched as she touched his cheek.  Honestly, he hated it whenever she touched him.  He didn’t like her in that kind of way, but the fact that she was his boss daughter, he had no choice but to tolerate it. 

Victoria notice him flinch as she cleared , “Listen Luhan, I…”

“Have you talked to Kris lately?” Luhan cut her off.

“No,” Victoria replied clearly looking annoyed at the sound of his name. 

“Oh, I see,” Luhan said. 

“Anyways, as I was saying…” Victoria continued, but Luhan wasn’t paying attention to whatever that she was saying as he stared past her.  Nicole?  When did she dye her hair purple?  Damn, she looks hot!

“Luhan?  Hello?  Are you even listening to me?” Victoria asked in annoyance clicking her fingers in front of his face.  When he didn’t respond back to her, she turned her head around to see who he was staring at.  She saw a very pretty girl with purple hair looking through the sweater racks humming to herself.  That girl looks very familiar she thought.  Turning her head back to Luhan, she notice he was smiling from ear to ear just staring at that girl.  Jealousy immediately kicked in as she blocked his view, “Yah!”

Luhan frowned, “What?” 

“Did you even hear a word what I just said to you?”

“Honestly, no.  I got distracted,” Luhan replied walking past her. 

“Where are you going?” Victoria growled holding his arm.

Luhan yanked his arm away from her, “Saying hello to the girl of my dreams.  I’ll be right back.”  He handed her the 8 boxes of bullets to her along with some cash and asked, “Can you pay these for me please?”

“Do I look like your slave?  Why don’t you go to the register and pay it yourself?” Victoria asked clearly mad that he was treating her like his maid.

“Fine, I’ll do it myself,” Luhan said snatching them back from her. 

“Who is she?” Victoria snarled looking at the girl.  “Is she one of your toys?”

“No, she is not one of my toys.  As a matter of fact, I WILL never have any of those kind toys,” Luhan growled.   

Hm, this purple sweater would definitely look good on me I thought pulling it out from the rack. 

“Purple is definitely your color and style,” a familiar voice said. 

I looked up at who the voice belonged to and smiled, “Of course it is.  Hello my dear friend.”

“Hello to you too my dear friend,” Luhan said walking closer to her.  He tilted his head to the side, “You look very nice with purple hair.  When did you dye it?”

“Today,” I replied turning my attention back at the sweater. 

“Why?” Luhan asked grabbing the sweater away from me.

I frowned, “Yah, give it back.  I saw it first.”

“Answer my question first.  Is this sweater more important than me?”

“Of course it is,” I joked sticking my tongue out at him. 

Luhan scoffed, “Seriously?”

“I’m just kidding Luhan.  To answer your question, I’ve always wanted to dye my hair purple, but I have never had the chance to dye it because I’m always working.  Today is my only day off, so I decided to dye it,” I replied snatching the sweater back from him. 

“Ahem,” a voice said behind Luhan.

I looked behind Luhan and notice his girl was glaring at me with her deadly eyes.  But what really caught my attention was the red dragon tattoo located on her right wrist.  !  She is one of the assassins too!  I should have known!  If she is one of the assassins, Luhan is bound to be one of them too.    

Luhan noticed that I was staring passed him as he waved his hand in front of my face, “Hey, I’m right here.”

“I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter