YOU are the one

Deadly Assassins 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(9:30pm Kai and Sohyun apartment)

“Sweetie, where are you going?” Sohyun asked as she stood behind Kai.

“I’m going to meet an old friend,” he replied putting his shoes on.  He turned around and kissed her forehead, “I’ll be back in a couple of hours.  Don’t wait up for me.”

Sohyun wrapped her tiny arms around his muscular waist and muttered, “Are you really meeting an old friend or an old lover?  Tell me the truth.”

He let out a small sigh and honestly replied, “Both.”

Sohyun nodded her head as she let go of him, “Is she Nicole?  Your first lover?  The one who disappeared from you three years ago?”

He nodded his head yes as he avoided eye contact with her.  Honestly, he was having mix feelings for both girls and he needed to figure out who he loved more.  He didn’t want to hurt his fiancé, but after seeing the love of his life reappear in front of him again, he was so confused.  He thought he was over Nicole after not seeing her for three long years.  Why are you doing this to me god?  Why?!

Sohyun held his face with her small hands and kissed him softly on his lips.  She slowly pulled away from him and whispered, “Whatever decision you make, I will accept it.”  With that, she turned around and walked towards their bedroom shutting the door after her.

I’m so sorry Sohyun.  Please give me some time to let me sort out my feelings.  He opened the door and left without saying goodbye to her.

Sohyun heard the front door shut as she bent down on her knees and burst out crying.  Kai had mention to her about Nicole in the past before, but she never thought that he would meet her again so soon.  Deep down in her heart, she knew that Kai had a special place for Nicole in his heart.  It hurt her to know that he was probably going to leave her for Nicole.  Regardless if he decided to leave her for his old lover, she was going to accept his decision because she wanted him to be happy.  She didn’t want him to be with her if he didn’t love her 100 percent. 

(10:00pm Red Dragon Hotel)

“Bye Nicole!  I’ll see you tomorrow!” her trainer shouted.

“Bye!” I shouted back as I punched out.  Grabbing my purse from my locker, I quickly walked towards the front entrance where I saw Kai patiently waiting for me.  “Hi Kai!”

As soon as Kai saw her, he pulled her into a tight hug, “What took you so long?”

I giggled, “Yah, I said I was going to be done at 10:00pm.  I’m actually on time, you know?”  I returned the hug and closed my eyes.  God, he smelled so good!  “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” he said burying his face into her neck.  “Are you ready to go?”

“Uh huh,” I replied.  He laced his hand with mine and led me towards the exit doors.  I looked down at our hands and smiled, but my smile was quickly replaced by a frown as I remembered that he had a fiancé.  I quickly pulled my hand out and stop walking.

“What’s wrong?” he asked surprised at her reaction.

“Myungsoo told me you have a fiancé.  You shouldn’t be holding my hand like this.  I don’t want her to misunderstand anything,” I replied.

Kim Myungsoo!  You blabber mouth! Kai angrily thought.  He grabbed her hand again and tighten his grip, “She’s not here.  What she doesn’t know won’t hurt.”

“Yah!” I protested as I tried to free myself from him.

“Just let me hold your hand for a while, okay?” he pleaded.  “I haven’t seen you for three years.”

I remained silent as he dragged me to his car.  Well, this is probably the first and last time I’ll ever get to hold his hand, so I might as well just enjoy it.

(10 minutes later Lee’s Park)

We sat next to each other on a wooden bench staring out at a beautiful lake in front of us as neither one of us said a word.  A cold breeze blew by as I shivered a little.  The next thing I knew, Kai had taken his jacket off and wrapped it around my shoulders.  I smiled at him, “Thank you.” 

“You’re welcome,” he said pulling me closer to him.

I leaned my head against his right shoulder and closed my eyes.  Oh, how I wished I could stop the time right now and enjoy this peaceful moment with him.

“How did you end up here in Seoul Nicole?” he asked.

I explained everything to him how I ended up in Seoul, how I lost my job, and how I landed my new job as a waitress at Red Dragon Hotel.  However, I did not tell him about the USB Drive because I didn’t want to drag him into my business.

“Wow, I can’t believe you lost your job because of Krystal,” he said shaking his head.

“Technically, it was my fault because I hit her.  I shouldn’t have, but she wouldn’t listen to Myungsoo.  She automatically thought we had something going on,” I explained.  “She had every right to be mad and jealous.”

“Yeah, but if she really loved him, she wouldn’t have jumped to conclusion,” he stated.

I nodded my head in agreement, “Well, she is younger than him and it doesn’t surprise me that she acted like that.”

“So, um…are you seeing anyone right now?” he nervously asked. 

“No,” I replied.  “And I don’t want to either.”

He raised his left eyebrow up, “Why not?”

“………because I don’t want my love one to die in my arms…like Park Hyungsik,” I replied looking away from him.

“Park Hyungsik?  Who is he?” he asked sounding a bit jealous. 

I bit my lower lip, “Before I met you, Myungsoo, and Minho, I fell in love with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter