Reunite

Deadly Assassins 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We have two FBI undercover cops coming in for some patch up,” I overheard one of the nurses said in the hallway.  I grabbed my medical equipment bag and followed my coworker towards the emergency rooms. 

“ Nicole, I forgot the IV’s!” my coworker cried as she slapped herself on the forehead.

“I’ll go back and grab them,” I said handing her the medical bag.  “How many do you want me to bring?”

“Bring four IV’s just in case,” she replied.

I nodded my head as I dashed back towards our office.

“, you’re again bleeding babe,” Krystal said as she tried to clean up her boyfriend’s forehead.

Myungsoo grabbed her hand and held it tightly, “Don’t worry about it.  Just let it bleed.  Besides, the nurses will clean it up.  That's their job.”

“Why do you always make me worry about you?” she cutely pouted.

Before he could say anything to her the ambulance dropped them off at the emergency parking lot.  They both got off and walked inside together as one of the nurses said, “Follow me please.”  They followed the nurse into one of the emergency rooms and sat down on the bed.  “My coworker is on her way with some IV’s,” she stated.

“I don’t think we’ll need them,” Myungsoo said ing his collar.  There were deep scars and scratches all over his neck from fighting with one of drunk guys.  He leaned over and help his girlfriend rolled her sleeves up so the nurse would be able to patch her wounds up.

“Thanks,” she shyly said as her cheeks turned pink.

He ruffled her hair and replied, “You’re welcome.”

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

“Come in!” the nurse hollered.

I opened up the door carrying four IV’s in my hand and said, “Here are the-” Oh my god!  Kim Myungsoo?!

Myungsoo eyes widen as he saw Nicole standing by the door.  He quickly jumped off the bed and cried, “Nicole?!  Is that really you?”

“M-Myungsoo…” I trailed as my eyes started to water.  He quickly walk up to me and wrapped his manly arms around me.

“Where have you been all this time?” he asked as his voice started to crack.

I hugged him back and replied, “I…”

“AHEM!” Krystal said out loud as we both turned to look at her; clearly looking mad and confused.

My coworker raised her right eyebrow up at us, “Do you guys know each other?”

Awkward I thought as I slightly pushed him away from me.  I handed her the IV’s in my hand and replied, “We’re just friends.”

“Are you sure?” the pretty girl asked glaring at me with her shinning eyes.

I nodded my head yes, “And you are?”

“I’m his girlfriend.  Krystal Jung.  Who are you?” she asked jumping off the bed. 

“Miss, I need you to stay still so I can finish cleaning you up,” my coworker demanded as she held on to her right arm.

She yanked her arms away, “I’m fine.  I can patch up my own wounds.”

Before I could say something to her for being rude to my coworker, Myungsoo let go of me and walked towards her, “Knock it off Krystal.”

“Who is she Kim Myungsoo?  And why did you hug her?  Who is she to you?  And who am I to you?” she screamed.

That’s it I thought as I lost my temper.  I marched over to her and gave her a good slap in the face, “Yah!  Myungsoo and I are just friends!  We haven’t seen each other in three years!  There’s nothing between us!  Sit your back down on that bed so we can patch your wounds!”

“Oh hell, did you just slap me?!” Krystal shouted as she threw her fist at me.

Thankfully I dodge it just in time but my coworker wasn’t lucky as she got punched in the face.  She fell to the ground, “AHHHHHHH!”

Myungsoo grabbed onto Krystal, “Yah!  STOP IT!”  He wrapped his manly arms around her as she kicked and screamed, “Let me kick her !”

“What’s going on here?!” one of the doctors shouted as they rushed in followed by two police officers.

20 minutes later

my life I thought as my boss handed me my termination papers.  “I’m going to need one more signature from you before you can leave.  Sign here,” he said pointing at the last page.  I quickly sign my name and walked out of the office without looking back. 

“Oh my god, did he fire you?” my coworker asked as she ran up to me.

I nodded my head yes, “It’s been fun working with you.”

“Oh Nicole,” she cried as she gave me a hug.

I patted her back, “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.  You better get back to work before you in trouble.  Take care.”  I walked towards the exit doors and saw Myungsoo leaning his against the wall. 

His eyes lit up, “Nicole!”

I gave him a tiny smile, “Hey.”  I stop in front of him and smirked, “Tell your girlfriend I’m sorry for slapping her.”

Myungsoo brushed his hair back and laughed, “She kind of deserved it.  I’m sorry on her behalf.”

I shook my head, “No, no, no.  You shouldn’t apologize on her behalf.  I shouldn’t have slapped her.  Because of my stupid action, it cost me my job.” 

He reached out to hold her trembling hands, “Do you want to go for a walk and catch up?”

I happily nodded my head yes as he led me to his car.  He opened up the door for me but before I got inside, I turned to look at him and asked, “Where is your girlfriend?”

He let out a sigh, “I sent her back to the police station.  I told her to stay at her office until I get back.”

“I see,” I said as I hopped inside his car.

10 minutes later (Bay Beach)

We walked on the sandy beach side by side together for about a couple of minutes before he finally broke the silence, “How did you end up working as a nurse here at Seoul Hospital?”

I let out a chuckle before I answered him, “I volunteered at the Children’s Hospital for a year after I got out of jail.  Seoul Hospital was desperate for nurses, so when I applied, I automatical

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter