WELCOME III

We Were Liars (ON HOLD)

 


 

 

SARA, CARRIE AND Bess are the daughters of Sunny and Harris Jung. Harris came into his money at twenty-one after Harvard and grew the fortune doing business I never bothered to understand. He inherited houses and land. He made intelligent decisions about stock market. He married Sunny and kept her in the kitchen and the garden. He put her on display in pearls and on sailboats. She seemed to enjoy it.

          Grandad's only failure was that he never had a son, but no matter. The Jung daughters were sunburnt and blessed. Tall, merry, and rich, those girls were like princesses in a fairy tale. They were known throughout Boston, Harvard Yard, and Martha's Vineyard for their cashmere cardigans and grand parties. They were made for legends. Made for princes and Ivy League schools, ivory statues, and majestic houses.

          Grandad and Sunny loved the girls so, they couldn't say who they loved best. First Carrie, then Sara, then Bess, then Carrie again. There were splashy weddings with salmons and harpist, then bright blonde grandchildren and funny blonde dogs. No one could ever have been any prouder of their beautiful American girls than Sunny and Harris were, back then.

          They built three new houses on their craggy private island and gave them each a name: Windemere for Sara, Red Gate for Carrie, and Cuddledown for Bess.

          I am the eldest Jung grandchild. Heiress to the island, the fortune, and the expectations.

          Well, maybe probably.

 

 


The houses are very important to understand which is whos and all. If not, this would be a little, maybe a lot more confusing than it should be.

 

A/N: I'll update this if possible daily. And 2 chapters a day since its very short. Enjoy:) and please leave a comment. Tell me if its too slow a progress.