2 [Late & Saranghae *hearteu*]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

So thanks so much for all the love for this fic! I'm pretty stoked about this, so look forward to updates! Oh and I added a prologue and some stuff to my description; please look at that so there's no confusion! Ok enjoy!


Kyungsoo is an .

Baekhyun realizes this when he wakes up four hours late for school with a note (I tried to wake ur lazy up but u wouldnt get up so i quit see ya <3) taped to his forehead.

He clarifies it when he sees his backpack emptied out onto the floor and all of his work scattered about.

He didn't even make me any breakfast, Baekhyun thinks as he shrugs on his uniform jacket.

He looks at his phone and sees that he has 42 unread messages and 14 missed calls (the messages were mostly from Jongdae saying 'where the r u' and 'I hat u 4 leaving me alone' and 'hate**'; the missed calls were all from Kyungsoo, probably to laugh at him for being a dork).

He sighs as he begins to straighten his papers again and put them in their respective folders and binders, so he can place them back in his bag.

He shows up to school, clothes and hair disheveled and sweaty from running, and is welcomed by empty halls. He checks his phone; it's 2:19, which means he has to report to Mrs. Song's room for Light Analysis class.

"Look who showed up!" She exclaims when he begrudgingly pushes open the door. "What's the excuse today, Baekhyun?"

"I overslept...by four hours," he mumbles, feeling his face heat in embarrassment. 

Could this day get any worse, he groans mentally as she chuckles and gives him a detention slip for being late to her class five times now.

"Where did we leave off before our rude interruption?"

**

"He's avoiding me; what do I do?" Luhan whines, as he closes his locker with unnecessary force.

"Um...take the hint?" Wufan questions, not looking up from his phone as they begin walking to the practice grounds.

Luhan does not telekinetically push Wufan into the wall on his left.

"I need better friends...maybe I'll ask Junmyeon," Luhan mutters to himself as he leaves Wufan behind to wallow in pain.

Once he reaches the practice grounds he complains of terrible stomach cramps and that he needs to go to the nurse. The teacher, Mr. Choi, dismisses him with the flick of his wrist, and Luhan runs off to the "nurse".

He catches Junmyeon at his locker, and drags him (telekinetically) towards himself.

"We need to talk," is all he says as they walk to a secluded hallway.

"Okay, but make it quick; I don't wanna tarnish my perfect attendance/no tardy record." 

Seriously only a nerd would say that, Luhan thinks, but refrains from stating as he would hurt the water yielder's feelings.

"Alright...I like Minseok...a lot, and I need advice."

"Well...you should tell him how you feel, and even if he doesn't feel the same, he would never try to hurt you," Junmyeon says, and without another word walks away to his class that was (conveniently) across the hall.

**

"He's so adorable," Chanyeol says in a dreamy voice. He's been babbling about Baekhyun for the past twelve minutes to Jongin.

"Uh huh," Jongin mumbles into his arm (he's been biting it to keep from screaming at Chanyeol), as he attempts to focus on his Teleportation Calculation homework.

"You should've seen his face when he touched my flames! He was so interested, but I don't really know why though; maybe it's because I am so talented. There's no big deal about it, but I warned him and stuff; then he just touched my hand and..." Chanyeol rambles, and Jongin is trying to keep up but he can't for three reasons; 1) Chanyeol is talking really fast, 2) He doesn't really care, and 3) He really has to finish this because Mr. Lee is very scary, so he'd rather not get yelled at in front of the entire class.

"Why don't you tell him this?" Jongin asks when his roommate stops to take a breath. Chanyeol's ears flush bright red.

"I...I can't. He wouldn't accept me; he's straight. He likes that Taeyeon girl," he mumbles the last part, as if it would make it less true, and looks away from Jongin.

Jongin resists the urge to snort. "You say that because he was looking at her ; not gonna lie, she has a nice one, but you know nothing of his uality...he's not as straight as he looks."

"Baekhyun's gay? Huh, I would have never guessed that."

"That's lovely and all, but can you please let me finish my homework?"

With that Chanyeol goes into his room, and Jongin continues his work.

**

"You sure you don't like him?" Jongdae teases Minseok, poking his pink cheeks for emphasis.

Minseok nods hesitantly, too flustered to speak, and casts his gaze downwards.

"You can talk to Luhan-hyung; he won't bite you."

"I know, but...I just - I can't...it's complicated, Dae."

"How is saying a simple greeting hard? Here, I'll call him, and-" he's cut off by Minseok's squeak of protest.

"Yes, Minseok-hyung. Just tell him hi and go hide in your room. That's all you have to do; just say hi."

Shortly after Jongdae finishes his sentence, a knock sounds on their door. It's Luhan.

Minseok slowly trudges to the door, purposely not picking up his feet, and rests his hand on the door knob. He hesitates as he feels his sweaty hand on the cool metal. He takes a deep breath, and twists the knob. He pulls open the door to see Luhan standing outside.

He's so pretty, he thinks as he stares at Luhan's face.

"Hey, Minseok!" Luhan says, too cheery for his liking, but Minseok manages a small, shy smile in his direction.

"H-hi...Luhan. What brings you here?" He asks, voice wavering only a little.

"Jongdae called me. I don't really know why, though," Luhan tilts his head to the side cutely.

"Oh," Minseok tries to be nonchalant, "c-come in."

Luhan walks in and looks around at the sparsely decorated walls. Minseok feels self conscious about the band posters he has hanging up on the off-white walls, so he attempts to start conversation.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" He asks, not stuttering (good job Minnie!).

"Uh, no thanks. Thank you for offering, Minseok." Said boy groans inwardly. You were supposed to say 'yes' so i coukd leave the room

, he complains to himself. 

"Okay, that's cool."

They make awkward small talk while Jongdae showers more like laughs at Minseok's expense while the shower runs. Minseok feels like he's burning up, which is odd because he's normally freezing, since he's talking to Luhan for once, also odd because he normally makes inhuman noises and turns so red he might pass out.

Jongdae leaves the bathroom after about twenty torturous (pronounced: heavenly) minutes, and admits that he really didn't need Luhan. He shoos Luhan out (with threats of electrocution) and turns to Minseok with a cat-like grin on his stupid (pronounced: evil) face, and says:

"You like him! I knew it!"

Minseok does not pin Jongdae to his bed by his shirt and pants with sharp ice picks. Not at all.

**

Baekhyun sits in detention, alone, and he feels like he's dying.

 

"I'm dying!" He moans to the teacher who's listening to music and reading manga.

Gross, he thinks because the teacher is at least 40.

Maybe 6 hours later (read: 3 minutes later), someone bursts into the room wearing a mask. He seems frantic.

"Is that Byun Baekhyun?" The stranger asks. He receives a nod from the old creep detention supervisor and Baekhyun himself. "Mr. Sooman needs him immediately!"

Baekhyun is rushed from the classroom by the tall, masked boy (see: hero).

"Mr. Sooman didn't really need you," the deep voice sounds. Baekhyun looks confused for a moment.

"What do you mean?" Justin Bieber Baekhyun questions.

"I mean, you should thank me for saving your ." Now Baekhyun realizes that there's something familiar about the boy with the mask on his face.

"Ch-Chanyeol?"

"In the flesh and fire...get it...be-because my power is fire..." he says lamely, coughing awkwardly at Baekhyun's displeased expression.

"I got it; that's why I didn't laugh. But thanks, my knight in shining armor," Baekhyun sighs as he looked down at their intertwined hands.

That's funny...when did we start holding hands? Baekhyun inquires mentally.

Chanyeol chuckles at the title. "Anytime, my damsel in distress."

Then Chanyeol does the most surprising thing; he leans down and kisses the top of Baekhyun's head.

Chanyeol walks off, and Baekhyun freezes in his spot totally not gonna sing Let It Go just because he's frozen completely shellshocked.

"Holy Blind Jesus...Park Chanyeol just kissed me..."

**

"I kinda hate you, Jongdae," Minseok admits as they're sitting in their dorm playing Mario Kart. As he says this he shoots Jongdae with a red shell, effectively knocking him off course. 

Ugh why did I choose Rainbow Road? Jongdae seethes internally.

"What? Why?" He asks, mostly to being bumped back from second place to ninth.

"Because you messed up my eternal equilibrium, and made me talk to Luhan for longer than I normally do!" He shouts, because it was completely obvious why.

"Oh...internal equilibrium though?" Jongdae has now given up on trying to win the game, now just trying to finish, turning to face Minseok for a second or two.

"My body temperature went out of wack; I couldn't produce ice at all in class today, so I was sent to the nurse to take an ice bath to return my body temperature back to normal," Minseok explains, passing the finish line to start his final lap.

"Oh...how am I responsible for that?" Jongdae asks, bewildered.

"You should know! You were teasing me about how red my face was for the whole day! Jongdae-ah, you're an ."

Jongdae passes the finish line to start his final lap. He's still in ninth place, and can't see anyone around him; it's sad really.

"Oops?"

"You know what?" Minseok finishes in first place, "I really hate you."

It's silent for a few moments until Jongdae says, "but you love Luhan-hyung!"

Minseok does not freeze the lock on Jongdae's door that night, so he can't get out. Nope, he'd never do that.

He really wouldn't...not ever.


{1791 words}

YAY! I updated!! Are you happy?? Because I am!! Woohoo! *victory dances into the sunset with Chanyeol the knight and Baekhyun the damsel in distress* I am seriously sorry for making those awful puns...please forgive me. OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING *HEARTEU HEARTEU*

 

 

Oh and hi Franklin <3

 

 

-Byun Baconboy