13 [It Starts Now]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

Baekhyun has been kidnapped. He wakes to curious faces really close to his. He gasps as he feels cold fingers poking and prodding--wait...when did he get shirtless?? Baekhyun tries to get up and attempt to stop them, but he's strapped down onto the table. 

“Test subject has awoken,” one of the people says.

“T-Test subject?” Baekhyun whimpers, flinching when someone grabs his hand. The boy holding his hand is looking at it as if he's going to be tested on every detail.

“Yep,” another boy, still poking him in the stomach, chirps.

“Who are you?” Baekhyun asks, trying to shift away from all of the touching.

“Well, that's Youngjae,” the boy who has been poking him points to the boy studying his hand, “that's Jungkook,” he points to a boy off in the corner, “and I'm Jackson.”

“Wh-What do you want from me?” Baekhyun doesn't know why he's so scared; these boys don't seem harmful.

“Intel,” Jackson says simply, halting the pokes.

“Wha-” then it hits him. “You guys are from JYP and BigHit!”

“Took you long enough,” Jungkook snorts, walking towards him.

“I'm not telling you anything! Let me go!” Baekhyun thrashes on the table; they just laugh.

“We thought you would say that,” Youngjae says, placing a hand on Baekhyun's bare stomach. He sends a jolt of electricity that makes Baekhyun freeze immediately.

“Would you like to cooperate now?” Jungkook offers, tilting his head with a cocky smile.

“No...never. I would never sabotage my friends...my team,” Baekhyun says as he recovers from the shock.

“Well then,” a soft ringing fills the air, “we can fix that.” While he can still think properly, Baekhyun sends a mental S.O.S to Luhan through the mind channels EXO created in case of an emergency like this.

**

Luhan's pulling his belt through the loops of his pants when he gets Baekhyun's call for help. He immediately informs the others through the mind channels, and he tells them to meet up in the training hall.

“Is he okay?” Chanyeol asks as soon as he sees Luhan. Luhan looks at him sympathetically, but doesn't respond. They wait for the rest of the boys to show up.

“Okay,” Luhan begins when the final boy walks through the double doors, “we have a situation on our hands: Baekhyun has been kidnapped.” There is a sudden tense air around them.

“What do we do?” Suho questions, probably going over strategies in his head.

“We have to go get him...we don't have a choice, but to at least try to save-”

“No!” Chanyeol effectively cuts Luhan off with his booming voice. “We can't just ‘try'...we have to save him! Baekhyun is counting on us right now, and we can't let him down by not using our A-game and giving it our all. We're ready; we can save him, so don't dumb it down to make it seem like you're not sure if we can do it when we can.” Chanyeol quickly leaves the room after his rant as tears start to fall down his cheeks. Kai sighs and chases after him.

The others continue on with their little meeting, and decide to fill them in later on.

“Was it the enemy?” Xiumin asks, already knowing the answer.

“Yes,” Luhan answers, gazing towards the doors that Chanyeol just bolted out of. An image flashes before his eyes, and he stumbles backwards.

“What's wrong, Luhan?” Lay says, concerned, walking over to help Luhan steady himself.

“Baekhyun’s in huge trouble! Chanyeol was right; we gotta get out there right now!” Luhan exclaims, running off to fetch Chanyeol and Kai.

**

“Chanyeol! Stop for a sec,” Kai pants as he runs after his taller roommate. Chanyeol stops running, probably tired, and turns around.

“I’m going to save him myself if no else will,” Chanyeol declares, turning again as if to start running. Kai teleports in front of him.

“We're going to help him, I promise. You can't go making rash decisions that could put yourself in danger. We need to talk things out as a group in order to keep everyone together,” Kai says, looking into Chanyeol's dark eyes. Chanyeol’s eyes flicker with regret then understanding as he bows his head.

“I'm sorry. I just...I like him a lot, enough to say that I'm in love, and I-”

“Your emotions got the best of you, it's okay, hyung. That's what they want to happen, so you can get yourself caught in one of their traps, and then we'd be down two members of the team. Then we'd have to save the both of you with even fewer people than the enemy,” Kai explains. Luhan catches up to them just as Chanyeol is about to respond.

“We gotta go! Chanyeol, you were right! Baek's in trouble, and if we don't get there-”

“Well, let's go then!” Chanyeol interrupts, dashing towards the exit of the training hall.

**

Baekhyun screams in agony as Youngjae sends more electricity into his body. His body vibrates violently against the cold metal of the table as the electrons take action.

“All you gotta do is talk, Baekhyun,” Jackson says from somewhere to his left.

“N-Never!” Baekhyun forces out stubbornly. His breaths are becoming shallower and faster, and he fears that he may pass out soon.

“You won't be saying that for too much longer,” Jungkook states, creating a high pitched ringing in the air.

Another scream is pulled from Baekhyun as his ear drums shake with the noise. He prays that the others will arrive soon, but he fears somewhere in the back of his mind that they won't make it in time.

**

“Can you pinpoint his location?” Kai asks Luhan, currently in front of the group.

“Umm,” Luhan hums, closing his eyes in focus, “...he's in some room at JYP.”

“That was easier than I thought it'd be,” Kai murmurs. Luhan hears this and chuckles.

“It's because they want us to find him.”

“Well, their wish is soon to be granted,” Kai says as he stops jogging; everyone stops behind him.

“What'd you stop for, Kai?” D.O. asks.

“Everyone, make sure you're grabbing onto me,” Kai starts, “and hold on tight.”

“Why?” Tao asks, placing a hand firmly on Kai's shoulder.

“Well, we're about to teleport, and it would to lose someone out there.”

“‘Out there’?” Kris asks, grabbing onto Kai's other shoulder.

“Yep...I don't really know what's between point A and point B when I teleport because it happens so fast, and I would like to keep it that way,” Kai answers.

“Have you ever teleported with this many people before?” Sehun inquires.

“Nope,” Kai chirps. 

“Then how do you know it works?” Suho questions this time.

“I don't; let's just hope it does. Now stop asking questions so we can go.” Kai doesn't wait any longer before he teleports to the front of JYPSG.

“Well, it worked! Now let's find Baekhyun!” Xiumin exclaims, knocking everyone out of their temporary daze. Kai sits down on the ground, weakened.

“You guys go ahead; I’ll stay here and heal Kai,” Lay says, already jumping into action. The others nod before going inside the building.

**

“We have visitors,” Jackson says, smile way too wide to be a good thing.

“Should we tell the others?” Youngjae asks, moving away from Baekhyun and closer to Jackson.

“No...I'm sure they've been notified by now.”

“We better move him then,” Jungkook states, nodding to Baekhyun.

“Yeah,” Jackson starts, “I’ll be right back.” Jackson uses his speed ability to unstrap Baekhyun from the table, and zoom him out of the room into another; this room has a table, too, but it’s darker than the previous one. Jackson returns in seconds, his task completed.

“Shall we go greet our guests?” Jungkook asks, not waiting for an answer before grabbing Jackson's hand. Youngjae grasps his other hand, and Jackson speeds to the entrance where the EXO boys are (minus Lay, Kai, and Baekhyun).

**

“Where is he?” Chanyeol demands, deep voice and height intimidating. J-Hope and Suga don't seem affected by the taller male.

“Who is ‘he'?” Suga questions, disinterested.

“Baekhyun; where is he?” Chanyeol demands again, a little louder this time.

“Baekhyun? I thought the plan was to take the small one?” J-Hope says to Suga, confused.

“Yeah...that's what I was told, too,” Suga responds.

“So if the small one is here, which one did we take?”

“The light conjurer; wait what was the little one’s name again?”

“Um...I think it was something with letters.” J-Hope looks at the boys in front if him. “Which one of you guys has the letters in his name?”

D.O. glares from his spot in front of the two (he's in front because he couldn't see from the back), and Suga recognizes him as ‘the small one’.

“Oh! It's him.” He points to D.O., who continues to glare. “What was your name again?”

D.O. doesn't answer; he takes a step forward instead. He closes his eyes for a few moments before reopening them, and motioning for the others behind him to move back as dirt falls from the ceiling. Suga and J-Hope look up at the substance falling on them, and D.O. takes the chance to throw a punch to the ground. The force of the punch causes the ground to shake and crack around them. He then throws a punch to Suga’s face, knocking him out cold, and causing the ground to become even more unsteady. J-Hope takes a few steps back in surprise, stepping into a crack, and falls. The fall causes the ground to collapse under J-Hope and Suga, trapping them in a steep hole.

“My name is D.O., and I'm not ‘small’,” D.O. seethes, jumping over the hole, causing the rest of the boys to startle from their surprise and do the same.

“Nice work, ‘Soo,” Chanyeol praises. Kai and Lay teleport to catch up to the group. They start their journey to find Baekhyun.

**

Jackson, Jungkook, and Youngjae appearing at the front of the building, just missing EXO rounding the corner.

“It seems we're a little late to the party,” Jungkook states, eyeing the damage.

“It would've been nice if you guys had shown up two minutes ago!” J-Hope shouts from the bottom of the hole.

“Did you do your job?” Youngjae ignores J-Hope’s previous statement.

“Yes; I infiltrated their minds. Now I can find out what they're planning,” J-Hope says, using telekinesis to lift Suga from the hole. “Unfortunately, Suga didn't get to corner off D.O. because the kid got pissed and knocked him into next year.” The four snicker at ‘big, bad Suga’ being punched, but snap out of their giggling fit when a large gust of wind hits them. They help J-Hope out of the hole, and get going.

**

Baekhyun looks around the room, and assumes he's in some sort of closet because of all the random supplies placed around. He can't see too much because the room is really dark, and the only light entering the room is coming from underneath the door. He tries to sit up, but he's strapped down onto the table by leather straps. He tries to wiggle out of the trap, but he's really stuck. He lays there, wishing he had some light, and it takes him a moment to realize that his power is light.

Baekhyun mentally facepalms because it took him way too long to come that realization. He creates little beams of light from his palms, and he can see the room better. It's pretty cramped, confirming his suspicions about it being a closet, and he notices that they're not ordinary supplies in the room; they're supplies for battle. Baekhyun tries to sit up again, but is held down by the straps. He struggles slightly, then notices a sword hanging above the door. That would be perfect for getting out of these straps, Baekhyun thinks, if I could get to it, that is. Baekhyun lays back and pouts, this time wishing he had the power to create lasers. Then it dawns on him: oh, right, I can make lasers.

He mentally facepalms again, this time for his stupidity, and creates a laser beam from his finger and tries to get the straps off. Since he isn't sure how to go about getting the straps off, he just wings it, but realizes that that was a mistake because he ends up with burn on his arm from the careless use of the laser. He realizes that he should position his finger first, then use the laser; he tries this method, and succeeds without any pain.

He gets up from the table, stretching his sore, abused muscles, and uses the palm of his hand for light again. He first goes to the sword above the door, and grabs it. The weapon has something engraved into it, but Baekhyun doesn't think it's important as he tightly grips the sword in his right hand. He tries to use his light to make a laser-sword, but is violently shocked by the device; he drops it with a grunt of pain, and carefully lifts it to read the engravement. It says: For the use of a Lightning Conjurer. Baekhyun facepalms for real this time, and then cradles his burnt hand because facepalming wasn't the smartest idea.

Once Baekhyun gets over the pain, he gathers up tools that him and his team could use in battle. He puts all of said tools in a satchel-type-thing, and places it on his shoulder. He heads to go out of the door only to realize something: it doesn't have a doorknob on the inside. Baekhyun whines, and resorts to banging on the door and screaming for help.

**

“Do you guys hear that?” Kai asks, stopping for a second. The others stop behind him.

“Hear what?” D.O. says. Kai sighs.

“The screaming? It's faint, but I know it’s Baekhyun-hyung.” Everyone pauses, and can finally hear the hollering. They nod in agreement to Kai’s previous statement.

“Let's go get him!” Chanyeol shouts. The group proceeds in their journey to find Baekhyun.

**

“When should we attack?” Jin questions. Jin, V, Bambam, and Mark have been following the group for a while now.

“I don't know…” Mark says quietly, a little intimidated by the group.

“Stop being so shy,” Bambam snaps, and Mark puts his head down, ashamed. “I’m ready when you are, Jin.”

“Then let's do this,” V says, “follow my lead.” With that said, V teleports away.

**

“Stop!” V demands loudly. The EXO boys just blink at him.

“Baek?” Sehun asks, but then realizes that the boy in front of them has lazier features than his hyung. “Nevermind.”

There's an awkward silence where they all just stare at V and, V just stares back blankly. “Guys, it would be great if you showed yourselves right about now,” V mutters, breaking the silence.

The other three appear from behind the EXO boys, and they turn around to see their faces. EXO doesn't seem impressed by the boys they're seeing, and continue to look on in silence, blinking and looking around the dimly lit hallway they are standing in. The awkward silence continues to grow more awkward, making the second feel like hours before Kris clears his throat.

“Um...it's great meeting you? But, uh, we're just gonna...gonna go…”

“Yeah, okay, that's fine,” Mark rushes out, turning on his heel only to be stopped by Jin’s strong grip on his shoulder.

“What he meant was that you guys aren't going anywhere, if it's up to us,” Bambam supplies, slightly annoyed at the older boy.

“What if it's not up to you?” Tao says boldly. The boys ahead of them are flustered for a second before smirking (except Mark, he's a tiny bit frightened).

“Well, let's see then,” Tao responds, stepping out from the group.

“Call,” Bambam says. “I'll take this loser.”

“I want that one,” Jin says, pointing a finger at Luhan. “The weak-looking one.”

Luhan just glares, stepping out beside Tao. Everyone looks at Mark expectantly.

“Well, since you won't make the choice, I will,” Sehun states and steps forward, facing Mark with a challenging stare.

V feels neglected, and sighs while eyeing the backs of the boys’ heads. He spots Lay’s head, decides he'd like to bash it in, teleports beside him, grabbing Lay's arm, and teleporting away. The rest of the EXO boys go ahead to find Baekhyun with Chanyeol leading the way.


{2738 words}

Woah! A pretty long update~ Just for my Chanyolks~

OMG THE COMEBACK HAS ME DYING INSIDE. I'M CRY BC EXO IS TOO HOT. THIS CONCEPT AISBSJSNDKDK *passes out due to feels*

I have news~~ Okay, so I'm thinking about starting yet another fic because I recently got some inspiration, but who knows when it'll be up???¿¿¿?¿¿?¿¿???? I'm also writing a huge fic for a Halloween surprise, but it will be a long time before you see that lol

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and that you're proud that I updated on time! Thank you for reading, upvoting, and/or subscribing~ Seeing these things makes me very happy, so THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH *sends a ton of hearteus :))*

 

 

Stay poachy~

-Byun Baconboy