5 [Dares & Croissants]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

Minseok is scared.

"I can't do it," he panics.  He told Jondae about the lunch date with Luhan, and now he's panicking. 

"Not this again," Jongdae groans. "You'll be fine, hyung.

"No...I have to cancel; I'm not ready to eat with him yet. I can barely talk to him!" 

"Kim Minseok, get it together! You are not going to cancel on an opportunity to get a boyfriend, plus free food! You are going, and that's final," Jongdae demands, putting his foot down.

"You're not my mother; you can't boss me around. And last time I checked, I'm older than you...and have better control of my powers," Minseok says back.

"I hate to do this, hyung, but if you don't go, I'll tell Baekhyun your most embarrassing secret."

"You wouldn't really tell him about the bunny incident, would you? That's a low blow, Kkamjong."

"I might just tell him because of that." Jongdae sticks his tongue out at Minseok, and gets up to start running around the room.

**

"Have you seen Tao? I need to talk to him," Wufan says. Luhan looks up from staring at a picture of Minseok on his phone.

"Nope...why? What did you do?" Luhan interrogates, sitting up from his position by a tree. They were supposed to be practicing.

"I didn't do anything," Wufan says. He shifts his gaze from Luhan; a giveaway that he's lying.

"Did you call him names for watching dramas? You know he doesn't like that," Luhan lectures.

"No...I only do that mentally."

"Then what exactly did you do to him? Is he avoiding you? Did you hurt him?"

"I...I...I-"

"Spit it out already! What did you do?"

"I...kissed him," Wufan states after taking a deep breath.

"Oh...wow, that's huge," Luhan exhales. He knew that Zitao had feelings for Wufan, but he wasn't sure Zitao wanted to fess up just yet.

"I know...I don't know what I was thinking. Now he hates me," Wufan groans, beginning to mope.

"We need to have a little talk later, okay?" Luhan suggest, waiting for Wufan to nod. "And before you start whining, we need to talk about my date with Minseok."

"You asked him out?"

"Yep. We're having lunch tomorrow. Where should I take him?"

"Good question...I don't really know, though. You should ask him." Wufan sighs, finally succumbing to the depression.

**

"How's your dare coming along?" Sehun snickers from his position in front of Jongin. They were seated in one of the dance studios, as their classes were over for the day.

"Not well; whenever I try to talk to Kyungsoo I get scared, and chicken out. He most likely wouldn't even do it," Jongin pouts.

"Are you kidding? Hyung, he's totally in love with you!" Sehun shouts.

"Hunnie, how can you be so sure?" Jongin sighs, getting stressed out.

"Well, I know because it's how I used to be with Yixing-hyung. I would be really shy and stuff around him, and I couldn't talk to him because I was nervous about messing something up. He didn't walk in on me in the shower, though," Jongin whines at the teasing remark. "What I'm trying to say is that you guys are perfect for each other, and you better kiss him by midnight because I'm sick of your whining," Sehun finishes with a pointed look.

"I want to kiss him by midnight, too. Chanyeol-hyung and I never even talked about what we would have to do if we didn't get kissed," Jongin pauses to think. "Maybe if I approach Kyungsoo-hyung and ask nicely, he'll kiss me?"

"Go for it, hyung!" Sehun cheers. "But if it backfires, whine to Yixing, okay?"

**

"Your dorm is very stylish," Baekhyun says as Chanyeol opens the door for him to enter the room first.

"Thank you. Jongin and I try to keep it trendy."

"You room with Jongin?" Baekhyun asks, surprised at the sudden revelation. 

"Yeah, unfortunately," Chanyeol jokes. "Would you fancy anything to drink?"

"Why, yes, that would be divine, Chanyeol," Baekhyun giggles at the role play.

"Why did we decide to use old english? What happened to make us so corny?" Chanyeol grimaces jokingly.

"Uh...I think it's when you rescued me from detention," Baekhyun answers with a smile. He stands awkwardly outside of the kitchenette watching Chanyeol pour two glasses of orange juice.

"Oh yeah! I remember that."

"What made you do it in the first place?"

"Do what?" Chanyeols questions.

"What made you lie about Mr. Sooman needing me to get me out of detention?"

"Oh...I felt like it was my duty to save a friend in need. I was walking by and saw you in there, so I just did the first thing that came to mind," Chanyeol explains, finally ushering Baekhyun to the couch in the small living area.

"That was a bit less romantic than I expected it to be," Baekhyun mumbles.

"Oh! Speaking of romantic, do you really have a crush on me?"

"What?" Baekhyun nearly chokes on his orange juice. "Um...I...don't know?"

"You don't know? Well, since you don't know, I'll help you out a little; I have a crush on you," Chanyeol says boldly.

"Really? Wow, Ch-Chanyeol...I'm not sure how to react to that..."

"Hmm...I think...I think you could kiss me?" Chanyeol requests, much more timid than before.

Baekhyun doesn't even have to think about it; he grabs both sides of Chanyeol's face and smashes their lips together. If he spoke honestly, it hurt like hell, but it was a good kind of pain. Chanyeol was shocked by the smaller boy's sudden dominance, and Baekhyun used the split second shock to slip the tip of his tongue into Chanyeol's mouth to get a taste of the other male. The kiss was rough but chaste, and y but sweet; it was everything they could've imagined it to be...until Jongin barged in...carrying Kyungsoo.

**

"You did great, Jongdae-yah!" Junmyeon cooes, hugging the younger boy tightly.

"No, I didn't! I started off too low, and I didn't keep tempo. I also sounded shaky because I was so nervous. Why did I decide to do this, hyung?" Jongdae rambles.

"Stop it; you did amazing, and you did it because you love to sing. Now stop whining like a child and get it together," Junmyeon chastises, almost as a mother would a child.

Jongdae sighs, for Junmyeon is right, and anxiously awaits the news.

Minho, a senior from the rap division, comes out of the room. "I'm afraid I come with bad news..."

Jongdae feels hurt, but forces a smile on his face.    

"Jongdae-ssi, I hate to have to say this, but...you're going to have to get used to being away from your boyfriend because you're going to be here most of the week," Minho exclaims.

Jongdae freezes; he's not sure what to do. He wants to cry, but he also wants to jump with glee. He wants to feel hurt at how Minho broke the news to him, but he also feels excited. Currently he's just a bunch of bundled up emotions just waiting to burst. He finally reacts when Junmyeon wraps his arms around his waist.

"Wow..." Jongdae says, looking off into the distance, "I can't believe it." He's completely awestruck.

"I'm so happy for you," Junmyeon mutters just below Jongdae's ear. Jongdae feels giddy with emotion and he feels like he's floating...or vibrating...he can't differentiate at the moment.

The next thing he knows, he's sitting in the passenger seat of his boyfriend's car on his way back to the dorms on campus.

"I'm so happy, I could cry right now," Jongdae says shakily, like his voice is thick with unshed tears.

"Go ahead; I won't judge," Junmyeon chuckles, turning onto the campus.

With that said, Jongdae's face is littered with happy tears in seconds.

**

"Yixing-gege~!" Zitao whines, burying his face in Yixing's chest. The two are sitting in the nurse's office because Zitao had cried so much that he was getting sick, and his trainer sent him away.

"It's okay, Tao-Tao," Yixing soothes; he totally wasn't busy when the younger barged in with teary eyes that looked ready to unleash a thousand waterfalls. "Now, can you at least summarize what happened?"

"I went to hang out w-with Wufan-gege, and he called me cute an-and he k-kissed me~!" Zitao hiccups out, tears falling down his face as he continues to bawl.

"Isn't that a good thing, Taozi?" Yixing questions because he thought Zitao had a huge crush on Wufan.

"No! He didn't say that he liked me...he j-just kissed me and now I'm confused because he was my first kiss, and I didn't know what I was doing so I ran away and now-" Yixing ends the younger boy's rambling with a finger to his lips.

Zitao continues to cry silently with a few sniffles and hiccups here and there. He did not notice that Luhan and Wufan were standing in the doorway sort of eavesdropping on the previous conversation.

"Maybe if you talked to Wuf-"

"No way! I can't do...that...oh my god! Wufan-gege! Luhan-gege!" Zitao exclaims, noticing the two standing in the doorway.

"Wait, calm down, Tao! It's okay; I came to talk to you," Wufan tries, but the boy isn't listening.

Zitao panics, and stops time to run off and hide before he restarts time.

When the time freeze is over, the other three look around in confusion before realizing what Zitao had done.

**

"Wow, I didn't think you'd do it, hyung!" Jongin says, they were seated around the small living area in Chanyeol and Jongin's shared dorm.

"Do what?" Baekhyun asked, not sure what was happening.

"Kiss you; he's been talking about you nonstop, but I didn't expect it to happen," Jongin answers.

"Yeah, well get over it, Jonginnie. I'm not one to go back on my word," Chanyeol says, pointing a thumb to his chest for emphasis.

"Wait, so who wins the bet...or dare thingy?" Jongin asks.

"Bet? Dare? What bet? What dare?" Baekhyun inquires, puzzled.

"The bet-slash-dare to see which of us would get kissed by them first," Kyungsoo pipes up.

Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol, fire in his eyes. "This was for a bet?! I thought you genuinely liked me!" His ears burn in embarrassment.

"What? No! Baekhyun, I do like you; really!" Chanyeol tries, but Baekhyun rises and rushes out of the room before he can even think of a reply.

Chanyeol buries his face in his hands. "Thanks Kyungsoo. Thanks a lot."

"I'm so sorry! I thought he'd want to know, so..." Kyungsoo trails off, feeling horrible.

"Chanyeol-hyung? Are you okay?" Jongin asks, putting a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Yeah, Jongin; I'm fantastic! I'm great! I'm perfect! Is that what you want me to say? Of course I'm not ing okay!" Chanyeol explodes, skin sizzling with rage. Jongin snatches his hand away before he's burned.

"Hyung...calm down," Jongin says calmly, trying to reach out for Chanyeol's hand.

"I am very calm, Jongin," Chanyeol says in a scarily calm voice. "I just need to go let off some steam." Chanyeol then barges out of the dorm, and out to the practice grounds.

**

There's a knock on Minseok's door. He slowly walks to the door as he tries to calm his nerves. He reaches the door and opens it. Luhan is standing outside with a rose between his teeth and a y glint in his eyes.

Today's the day, Minseok thinks before he shakily smiles and takes a deep breath.

"H-Hey Luhan!"

Luhan removes the rose, and offers it to Minseok. "Hi, Minnie!"

Minseok blushes at the nickname, but accepts the rose nonetheless. His smile becomes more genuine.

"Are you ready to go out?" Luhan asks smoothly, effectively tricking Minseok into thinking that he is not nervous.

"Um..." Minseok looks himself up and down. He's wearing a simple gray shirt with a black blazer and shorts. "Y-Yeah!"

Luhan's wearing a white button-up with a black vest and some grayish jeans. "Cool, babe. Let's go!"

They walk out of the building hand-in-hand; Luhan beaming at every living creature they pass and Minseok shyly looking at the ground shuffling behind the other.

"Where do you wanna go?" Luhan asks once they're at the gates of the campus.

"I like coffee?" Minseok suggests, pointing in the direction of a small coffee shop.

"Great! I like coffee, too!" Luhan exclaims, turning to walk to the shop.

They arrive and order; both getting an iced americano. Luhan proceeds to order some fresh fruit and a croissant. Luhan also pays.

"You didn't have to buy everything," Minseok says, feeling a little guilty that the younger paid for their order.

"Nonsense; I asked you out on a date, so I am obligated to pay," Luhan reassures.

Minseok guides Luhan to his favorite table; the one in the back by the window. They sit across from each other, sipping their coffees.

"I come here to study sometimes," Minseok says quietly, wanting to get out of the awkward silence.

"Really? Sehun drags me here every once in a while to get bubble tea together," Luhan says, noticing how Minseok stiffens slightly at the mention of the younger boy, "but coming here with you is much better."

Minseok nearly chokes at the compliment, but regains his composure in a nick of time to stutter out in gratification.

They chat a bit more, and Luhan notices how Minseok glances at the croissant between sentences.He looks down at it, and sees that he hasn't eaten much of it. Without thinking much of it, he tears off a piece, and reaches across the table to feed it to Minseok. Minseok accepts it without hesitation--it's a huge step for him; to go from a stuttering mess around Luhan to eating out of his hands.

They end their date when the fruit cup is empty as well as their coffee cups, and the croissant is transformed into a pile of crumbs.

Luhan walks Minseok back to his dorm, and they stand outside the door for a while before Minseok makes a move to open the door.

"I had fun; thank you," Minseok says honestly. Luhan smiles bashfully. 

"I'm glad; I had fun, too."

They part ways, and before Minseok can finish saying goodbye, Luhan leans in and pecks the older boy on the cheek. After that, Minseok closes the door and squeals like a little girl.


{2408 words}

Hey guys!!! Remember me?? Yeah...sorry I didn't update "soon" like I said I would...

To make it up to you guys I made this chapter longer and more dramatic (I suppose)!!! I hope you enjoyed it, and anticipate another update before the month is over???

XOXO

-Byun Baconboy