14 [Everybody Is Kung Fu Fighting]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

Baekhyun is an idiot. He realizes this when his fists are bloody, and his throat is sore. He remembers that he can cut through wood with his laser beams when he examines the wounds on his hands. He doesn't even facepalm this time, and proceeds to burn through the wood to make his escape.

Just as he's stepping out of the hole in the door, Chanyeol (and the rest of EXO, except for those fighting at the moment) is rounding the corner of the hallway.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol calls dramatically, running towards the smaller, confused male. He crushes Baekhyun in a hug, lifting him up and spinning around. He puts him down, and smashes their faces together in what he thinks is a passionate kiss, but to everyone else, it's just him messily slobbering on Baekhyun's unmoving lips.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun says, pushing Chanyeol off of him, embarrassed by the display of affection. He unwillingly wipes his lips.

“That was dramatic,” Xiumin states, earning a few nods of agreement and looks of disdain.

Baekhyun flushes a light pink, but ignores the warmth in his cheeks to ask, “Where are the rest of the guys?”

“They're out fighting right now,” Suho answers. “Now, come on! We've got to go save them!”

“Why would we need to save them? I'm sure they'll be fine on their own,” D.O. says nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders with a bored look on his face.

***

“Somebody save me!” Lay shouts into the vast miles of darkness surrounding himself and V.

“No one would be able to do that,” V starts, “because no one will find you here.”

“What the heck is your problem?” Lay asks, angered by the new information.

“I don't have a problem,” V responds.

“Obviously you do! What kind of decent human being kidnaps and tortures someone just to get back at some dusty old man?”

“Lay...are we really human? I mean think about it...what human being has superpowers?”

Lay thinks for a moment. “That's beside the point...why are you doing this?”

V ignores his question, and teleports directly in front of Lay. He immediately throws a punch to the boy, knocking him to the ground. Lay’s nose is bleeding, but the wound heals almost as soon as it appears.

“Are you kidding me?!” V cries, exasperated by the fact that he had chosen to fight the Healer. He doesn't stop, though, and throws himself onto Lay and continues to punch the boy.

All of the harm he causes to Lay does not last, as the cuts and bruises disappear to reveal perfect smooth skin again. Lay doesn't fight back either; just heals his injuries without much thought. V is hurting himself more than he's hurting Lay, so he teleports away from him to think of a better plan.

V thinks about Jr., and realizes that there's only one way to defeat a Healer like Lay: by making them fight back, so they can't heal their own wounds.

“You use your stupid healing abilities to protect yourself from attacks, huh? Is it because you're weak? Because you can't defend yourself any other way?” V sneers, hoping his plan will work.

“That's the point of being a Healer, you know...to heal?” Lay answers, not really noticing V’s true intentions.

“Have you ever though about how useless healing is, though? I mean, all you do is stand at the back of the formation to wait for your teammates to fall, all so you can waste your energy to heal them in order to fight again. What if they don't need you? What if they can take care of themselves, and just keep you around for the hell of it?”

“...But, with the way you put it, it seems as though Healing is important?”

V teleports to Lay, and punches him again. This time, the bruise fully appears on Lay’s jaw and doesn't heal right away. Good, V thinks, it's working.

“I bet they've already found Baekhyun, and left you for dead!” V says, way too loud for their close proximity. “Wanna know why? Because you're useless! U. S. E. L. E. S. S.”

That crosses the line, and Lay throws a punch so hard that V is knocked away from him. V stands with a smirk on his lips.

“Game on, Unicorn. Game on.”

***

“What a boring power: time control,” Bambam says in evident disgust. “Why did it have to be you?”

“Quit complaining, and let's just get this over with,” Tao responds. He glances around the hallway, none of the boys currently fighting have left (other than Lay and V), and glances at his team members. He eyes his opponent, and sees sparkly, little ice crystals floating around them.

Bambam doesn't waste his breath talking to Tao anymore, instead focusing on the tiny ice blades he's creating. They're thin and nearly invisible to the human eye, and are sharp as razor blades. He makes a motion with his hands, sending the ice blades towards their target, but Tao just stands there.

“What was that suppos--OW!” Tao exclaims, the sting of the papercut-like scratches from the ice kicking in. Bambam smirks.

“Good enough for you?” Bambam snickers.

Tao glares, and stops time for a moment. He then reverses time to before he was hit with the ice blades, and switches positions with his opponent. He unfreezes time, and Bambam doesn't notice anything different until he feels like he's being burned by small flames. He looks down to find small cuts on his arms, and realizes his situation.

“You just--But why--How?” Bambam stammers, dumbfounded.

“Did you forget that quickly that I can control time?” Tao says teasingly. Bambam glares.

“Okay...Fine, I'll make sure to beat you to where you can't use your powers.”

“I'd like to say the same to you.” Tao smirks this time, prepared for any attacks thrown at him.

***

“How weak do I look now?” Luhan seethes as he chokes Jin with his mind.

“P-Pretty weak if y-you can't even use your own h-hands,” Jin chokes out, still managing to smirk in this situation. Luhan squeezes tighter, and when Jin is on the verge of passing out, his mind blanks.

Jin drops to the ground gasping for air as Luhan stands confused. Luhan isn't able to do anything anymore, but he can't figure out why. He tries and tries to drag things with his telekinesis, but he just can't. He realizes that there's been a block put on his powers when his entire body throbs as if it's being of all of its energy. He can't seem to fathom why or how that could have happened--no way, he mentally groans, their Telekinesis User must have gotten into my head and put a block on my powers! Luhan mentally curses his luck, and resorts to his Plan B: hand-to-hand combat.

Jin recovers way quicker than Luhan was prepared for, and punches him in the stomach. Luhan doubles over in pain, and tries to the air back into his lungs. He's still wheezing when he gets a blow in, the punch coming out weaker than it should've been, but it gets the job done. Jin freezes time to assault his opponent without the risk of being hit back, and when he unfreezes time, Luhan falls to the ground in agony.

“W-What did you do to me?” Luhan asks, his body weakening as his powers are being withheld and the hits he received draining his energy.

“Oh, J-Hope must have blocked your powers?” Jin thinks out loud. “All I did, though, was stop time and hit you as I pleased. Time control is really a fun power to have.”

***

“Believe it or not, I'm not just going to keep waiting for you to attack,” Sehun states as he inches closer to Mark.

“Honestly, I don't see the point in us fighting...it's not like we have anything against each other…” Mark trails off nervously, trying to dodge the strong gusts of wind thrown at him.

“Yeah, whatever. I know it's all an act.” Sehun sends a particularly strong gust of wind that knocks Mark off his feet.

Instead of getting up and continuing to back away into random hallways like he'd been doing for the past few minutes, Mark aims several bright laser beams at Sehun. Sehun is so shocked by the other’s retaliation that he doesn't dodge, and takes the full brunt of the attack. It stings and burns, and Sehun forgot that he was messing with a Light User. Sehun forces blistering winds towards Mark, and the speed knocks him back further, adding to the small cuts and bruises already forming. Sehun uses the stillness to his advantage, and prepares even stronger winds this time. He expects to see Mark writhing on the ground, but when the dust and blur of the attack clears, Mark is gone. “What the--”

“Did you hope to fight Mark alone? Well, boy, were you mistaken!” Jackson laughs from somewhere behind Sehun. The boy turns around, and sees Jackson holding Mark in his arms bridal style.

“But...how did you…?” Sehun trails off, confused. No one is able to get away from his attacks that fast.

“Two words: super speed,” Jackson answers, putting Mark down. Sehun inwardly groans because this fight was gonna be /a lot/ harder now that he had two opponents.

***

Namjoon, JB, Jungkook, Jimin, and Yugyeom may be outnumbered, but that doesn't put any damper on their fighting spirits. The five stand before the rest of EXO with threatening glints in their eyes. EXO return the intensity of the stares and try to use their numbers to their advantage.

“Okay, can we get this over with?” Jungkook breaks the silence impatiently. “We have a battle to win.”

“Guys, be careful,” Baekhyun says to s, “he's the one with the sound power!” His ears still ring a little bit at the thought of the torture he endured not too long ago.

“Sounds fun,” D.O. says, expression bored.

“Who are those other, seemingly irrelevant people, then?” Chen questions, playing with the sword Baekhyun gifted him.

“Why don't you fight us to find out!” Jimin shouts, ready to get his fight on.

“Hey, bean sprout, could you quiet down a bit? We're having a group conversation here…” Chanyeol trails off. Jimin shuts his mouth with a glare.

“So...uh, are we really going to fight them?” Suho asks, a little apprehensive.

“No, not ‘we',” Baekhyun answers, “five of you guys.”

“Hey, why aren't you including yourself in this?” Kris questions.

“Because I just went through hours of torture...do you really think I should be fighting? And besides, I need a break.”

“Okay...I'm in,” Chen says, making up his mind.

“Just like that?” Kai interrogates. “I've never seen you make a decision so fast.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“I'll...do it, too. If Jongdae is…” Suho states.

“Whipped,” D.O. coughs, and looks between Suho and Chen. “I wouldn't mind a good fight, though, so I will battle also.”

“Why is this taking so long?” Yugyeom whines.

“I know, right? They're wasting our time,” JB responds.

“Guys, hush,” Namjoon cuts in, “I wanna hear this.”

“It is a little hot in here; might as well use my powers to cool it down,” Xiumin says, and the others nearly forgot he was there before he spoke. Everyone looks expectantly at Chanyeol.

“What? I'm gonna stay with Baekkie.” He looks for someone he can easily trick into doing it. “Kris-hyung?”

“Ugh, fine,” Kris rolls his eyes.

The five step out, and stand facing their opponents. Since Kris, Xiumin, D.O., Suho, and Chen are fighting, that leaves Kai, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun to go deliver the rest of the tools Baekhyun gathered.

“Finally,” Jimin says, “some action!”

“You won't be happy for long!” Chen declares.

***

Kai begins teleporting to where the others are fighting in order to deliver their tools, but decides that it probably isn't a good idea and stops his teleportation. The problem with that split second decision is that Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kai are all stranded between time and space. This means that they are literally stuck between the two locations, which happens to be virtually nowhere considering they’re surrounded by pitch black.

“Jongin…” Chanyeol says slowly, “where are we?”

Kai let's out a nervous chuckle. “Well…”

“Kim Jongin, you better spit it out this instant,” Baekhyun commands.

“We're kinda between locations…” Kai responds sheepishly.

“What does that mean?” Chanyeol questions.

“Just that we're gonna be here for a while…”

“Are you kidding me? Out of all the things--”

“Baek, relax...I'm sure he didn't mean it.”

“Yeah, Chanyeol-hyung is right,” Kai says.

“Shut up, Jongin,” the couple say in unison; Kai stops talking.

They wander aimlessly through the darkness, mainly because they have nothing else to do, and decide to talk about relationships.

“So...you guys are dating now?” Kai asks cautiously. Chanyeol laces their fingers together.

“Yep. We're official...I apologized and he accepted me and my feelings!”

“What about you and Soo?” Baekhyun inquires, looking directly into Kai’s eyes. Kai averts his gaze.

“Um...well, about that--”

“Jongin,” Baekhyun interrupts.

“--Sorry...no, we're not. I don't know if we ever will…” Kai trails off sadly.

“Aww, sure you will. You just gotta work for his love!” Chanyeol shouts. Baekhyun and Chanyeol continue on and on about Kai's lack of love life and how he can fix it, but Kai isn't listening.

He isn't listening because he can hear faint shouting in the distance. He can't seem to understand why because they're literally in the middle of nowhere, and how could someone else end up her? His thoughts are interrupted, however, by an angry cry that sounds a lot...like...Lay?


{2286 words}

I'M BACK OMG

IM SO SO SO SORRY IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG

I WILL UPDATE MY OTHER FIC LATER

THANK YOU FOR READING AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON BC IM DELETING MY UPDATE SCHEDULE SINCE SCHOOL IS STARTING SOON :((((

I LOVE YOU GUYS

STAY POACHY, MY CHANYOLKS

-Byun Baconboy