8 [Questions & Training]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

The boys are confused.

They can't possibly be the best. They all are thinking the same thing: Why are we here?

“Boys,” Sooman speaks, quickly getting everyone to snap their heads up in attention, “you may be wondering why I've called you here. You are the highest ranking students in our school as of right now, and with this many of you, we are sure to beat the enemy.”

“Wh-Who is the enemy?” Sehun questions, hands shaking slightly with nerves. “I-I mean, we haven't been threatened before, so-”

“Exactly, Sehun-ah! We have not been threatened before, but I have. The enemy you are all wondering about is-”

“Sir!” An Elite member sprints into the room, he's carrying several folders. “We've got the rooms ready; would you like to start now?”

“Now?” Lee Sooman glances at his watch. “Oh! Yes, get them questioned immediately!”

The boys are then teleported away one by one to different rooms in the school building’s basement.

**

“Oh Sehun,” the man starts, badge on his chest reading Donghae.

“Y-Yes?” the boy answers, scared out of his mind.

“Chill out, kid; I'm not gonna probe you or anything,” Donghae says, a small smile on his lips at the shade of red Sehun turns. “Now, to begin; date of birth?”

“Twelfth of April, ‘ninety-four.”

“Power?”

“...Wind.”

“Level of training?”

“Um...I don't exactly know..?”

“What do you mean? Haven't you heard any of your instructors say anything about levels?”

“Yeah, but-” Sehun stops abruptly.

“But…?” Donghae asks.

“But I didn't think that's what you meant.”

“Whatever; level of training?”

“Level seven.”

“Geez...that's pretty high for someone your age,” Donghae mutters, jotting it down in the folder marked with a 12, and leaves the room.

**

“Kim Jongin?” a woman, badge reading Irene, speaks.

“That's me,” Jongin says with a somewhat cocky smirk.

“I wouldn't be so cocky; I was like you when I was picked for the incoming Elites. You'll get beat pretty bad, so you should bring your ego down a bit,” she says with a faint roll of the eyes. Jongin's smirk disappears.

“S-Sorry.”

“It's cool, now let's get this over with; date of birth?”

“Fourteenth of January, ‘ninety-four.”

“Power?”

“Teleportation.”

“Level of training?”

“Level eight.”

“Huh...so that's why they picked you,” she says, writing in folder 11, and leaving the room.

**

“Huang Zitao...you Chinese?” A man, badge reading Zhou Mi, asks.

“Yeah...are you?” Zitao says back.

“Yeah. It's cool that I'm with you, but we're on a schedule; date of birth?”

“Second of May, ‘ninety-three.”

“Power?”

“Time control.”

“Level of training?”

“Level seven.”

“Nice.” Zhou Mi writes in folder 10, and turns to leave the room. 

**

“Do Kyungsoo?” A large man (at least compared to Kyungsoo’s small frame) says, badge reading Shindong.

“Yes…”

“Nice to meet you, too. Date of birth?”

“Um...twelfth of January, ‘ninety-three.”

“Power?”

“Earth and strength.” Shindong chuckles at this.

“Seriously, kid, what's your power?”

Kyungsoo is a little more than offended by the mockery, and stands, proceeding to punch a hole in the ground. He glares at the elder man, and sits back down.

“Right...level of training?”

“Level nine,” Kyungsoo grunts.

“Calm down there,” Shindong says, not looking up from folder 9, and leaving the room.

**

“Who are you?” A bright looking girl asks, seated across from Chanyeol asks pleasantly. Her badge says Sunny.

“Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol replies, feeling at ease. Sunny opens the folder.

“Oh, yeah...that's what this thing’s for. Date of birth?” She states, aura in the room going from friendly to authoritative.

Chanyeol gulps audibly, “Twenty-seventh of November, ‘ninety-two.”

“Power?”

“Fire.”

“Level of training?”

“Level nine.”

“Lovely,” the room is filled with a bubbly atmosphere again, “thanks.” She closes the folder labled 8, and leaves the room.

**

“Kim Jongdae,” an intimidating man, Siwon, says. “No time to waste; Date of birth?”

Jongdae quivers with anticipation, “Twenty-first of September, ‘ninety-two.”

“Power?”

“Lightning.”

Siwon glances at him, looking him up and down; he smirks. “Level of training?”

“Level six.”

Siwon bows slightly to the boy, who returns with one of ninety-degrees, and walks out of the room with folder number 7.

**

“Byun Baekhyun?” A beautiful woman, Taeyeon, says.

“Y-Yes…” he blushes a light pink as he catches her gaze; he looks away.

“Cute,” Taeyeon says, “listen carefully and answer clearly; date of birth?”

“Sixth of May, ‘ninety-two.”

“Power?”

“Light.”

“Level of training?”

“Level eight.”

She closes folder 6 with a smile, and leaves the room.

**

“Zhang Yixing?” A kind-looking man says; his badge says Henry.

Yixing smiles shyly, “Yes.”

“Date of birth?”

“Seventh of October, ‘ninety-one.”

“Power?”

“Healing.”

“Level of training?”

“Level nine.”

Henry offers a small smile before exiting the room with folder 5.

**

“Kim Junmyeon,” a boyish looking man, Kyuhyun, starts, “we're on a time crunch, so just answer these questions. Date of birth?”

“Twenty-second of May, ‘ninety-one.”

“Power?”

“Water.”

“Level of training?” Kyuhyun looks up from folder 4.

“Level ten.”

“Cool,” and with that, Kyuhyun leaves.

**

“Wu Yifan?” A man, whose badge says Kangin, says.

“I prefer Wufan,” Wufan says. Kangin writes in folder 3.

“Date of birth?”

“Sixth of November, ‘ninety.”

“Power?”

“Flight.”

“Level of training?”

“Level eight.”

Kangin gives a small wave, and exits.

**

“Lu Han?” Sungmin says.

“The one and only.”

“Date of birth?” Sungmin asks.

“Twentieth of April, ‘ninety.”

“Power?” Sungmin looks up, interested.

“Telekinesis.”

“Level of training?”

“Level eight.”

“Great, thanks,” Sungmin smiles, and walks out of the room with folder 2.

**

“Kim Minseok?” Amber says,eyeing the boy.

“Yes.”

“Date of birth?” Minseok looks confused for a second before replying.

“Twenty-sixth of March, ‘ninety.”

“Power?”

“Ice.”

“Level of training?”

“Level six. What does this-”

“You'll find out in a bit. Toodles,” Amber says, leaving with folder 1.

**

“A-Are you sure, sir? I don't think some of them are ready for this kind of training,” Henry protests, their discussion coming to a close.

“I am very sure, Henry-ssi. I would not have made this decision if I wasn't.” Sooman replies. There are murmurs from the rest of the twelve mentors.

“How are we gonna train them if they all have varying levels of training?” Taeyeon asks.

“Some will train harder than others. Now, send the message to them.” Sooman motions to Irene.

She gets the hint, and closes her eyes to concentrate on sending the message.

“Hey kids! It's training time! Your mentor is going to come to your room, and take you to where you're supposed to train.If there are any questions, keep them to yourself because they're probably irrelevant anyways. Be prepared for some pretty rigorous and intense training. Oh! By the way, whining is not tolerated, so don't be a baby. That's all."

**

“What the hell? Are they gonna feed us? Do we have to fight these people? I haven't even found the courage to start a conversation with Luhan! How am I expected to be able to fight these super talented villain people?” Minseok rants, pacing around the small room.

“Are you done freaking out? I'm not required to handle any mental breakdowns,” Amber says through the door.

“Well, in that case, I'm not done!” Minseok takes a breath. “Oh my god. What if Luhan never gets to talk to me? What if he-”

“Seriously kid, we have to go!” Amber says, the room becoming colder around Minseok. She must be angry with him.

“O-Okay.”

The room returns to normal temperature, and the door is opened for Minseok to be greeted with Amber’s smiling face.

“Next time, just say ‘yes ma'am’. Got it?” Amber says sweetly.

“...Yes ma'am.”

**

Sehun is currently trying not to cry because he just wants to be sleeping right now (seriously--it’s his bedtime). He is nowhere near prepared to leave school to go fight bad guys. He is seated on the cold, cemented floor with a pout on his lips and tears in his eyes when Donghae enters the room again.

“Alright let's get-” he glances at Sehun. Donghae feels a pang of remorse. “What's up?” He squats down to Sehun's level.

Sehun wipes his eyes before tears can fall. “I don't think I'm ready for this...I just want Yixing-hyung.”

“You are ready; trust me, Sooman wouldn't have picked you if you weren't. As for the Yixing part, you'll have to wait on that,” Donghae says softly, calming the younger boy a bit. “Is he your boyfriend or something?”

“Y-Yeah. I'm really worried about him…” Sehun sighs, looking down at the floor.

“I know how you feel. I don't get to see my boyfriend as much as I'd like to, either. Enough of this; we have some training to do!”

**

“This is ridiculous,” Wufan breathes out. He thinks he's going crazy because of all the random occurrences recently.

“It's ridiculous, but worth it,” Kangin says, leaning against the doorway. “I thought the exact same thing when I was your age.”

“How long ago was that; when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?” Wufan teases lightly.

“Hey! I'm only 47; that's quite young!” Kangin argues, causing Wufan to roll his eyes. “Let's go train.”

**

Jongin didn't have time to complain because Irene poofed in, grabbed him, and poofed to some random field.

“Alright, Mr. Tough Guy, five laps,” she gestures to the exterior of the large area. Jongin gapes at this.

“F-Five? Shouldn't it be-” he's cut off by a chastising finger.

“Is that back talk I hear? Let's make it seven laps.”

“But I didn't-”

“Eight laps?” Irene glances at her fingernails.

“No, I-”

“Ten laps? We can keep going; I have all day.” Jongin begins to run around the field without another word.

After about twenty minutes, he's back in front of Irene, chest heaving from his ragged breathing. He's sweaty and tired, but he is still standing.

“Good job, kid. I'd make you do it again, but you're not strong enough for that,” Irene says, looking at him with an almost pitying look.

Jongin does not respond, but continues to get his breathing back in order.

“Since you're level eight, we're gonna start working on some level nine skills. The running, over time, will give you more stamina and endurance, which will help with teleporting long distances. Oh, and don't think I'm being hard on you, those ten laps were something a level three could do; you will be able to run thirty by the end of the week, trust me.”

Jongin nods, breathing correctly now, and they start on the next thing.

**

After the long day of practice and training, the boys are back in their dorms, either icing their aching muscles, eating enough to feed three people, or sleeping. This is only the first long day of many to come, but they all kinda wanna believe it was all a dream.


{1771 words}

Bear with me guys!! I know this was supposed to be funny, but I obviously can't write that! I'm trying, though. Also the Elite members are older in this fic than they are in real life (like in their late 40s to early 60s)!!

Thanks for reading!

-Byun Baconboy