1 [Hot & Cold]

Lee Sooman's School of Exollence (Exo)

Park Chanyeol is hot.

Byun Baekhyun notices this when he touches him and ow his hand bc Park Chanyeol is literally on fire. He ends up in the nurse's office during his training time getting a bbandage wrapped around his burned hand.

"He just...touched me, and then ran off screaming about his hand burning. I warned him not to come too close, but he said that the flames were pretty and he had to touch them," is Chanyeol's explanation to Mr. Sooman when he's called to his office later that day.

**

"Why does Minseok hate me?" Luhan questions his best friend, Wufan, as they are eating lunch in the spacious practice grounds surrounding the school.

"He doesn't hate you...his power is ice; he's cold no matter what," Wufan explains, taking a bite out of his BLT and munching on it.

"No. That's not what I meant. He purposely launched ice balls at me during training this morning," Luhan says, picking at his salad.

"I thought you liked balls," Wufan mutters aroung his sandwich, furrowing his brows at Luhan. 

Luhan does 

not uproot a tree with his tetelekinesis and throw it at Wufan.

**

"Hey, uh, Baekhyun, I'm sorry about your hand. I told you not to get too close because I haven't mastered the control technique I'm learning yet," Chanyeol apologizes, stopping Baekhyun in the hallway of the academics building.

"Oh, um...yeah. It's cool, Chanyeol. But, uh, why are you holding my hand?" Baekhyun was just trying to get to his Light Analysis class, and Chanyeol was being all distracting and .

"Well...I kinda think you're cute," Chanyeol says, smiling shyly down at Baekhyun. "I gotta go, Baek. See ya later." With that said, Chanyeol walks away in the direction of his Fireball Workshop class.

To say that Baekhyun is blushing is an understatement. Baekhyun stands in the hallway turning redder and redder, maybe Chanyeol burned his heart - he couldn't tell - and then the bell rings, and he realizes he's late to class.

"What took you so long, Mr. Byun?" Mrs. Song says, frowning at her student.

"Um...I, uh," he began to fidget, feeling put on the spot, "I got sidetracked." He knows it's a excuse, but he thinks back to what Chanyeol said and he turns red again.

"What made you so sidetracked that you are," she glances at her watch, "seven minutes late to my class?" She really isn't giving him a break today.

His ears burn as he realizes that he has to tell her something to get class started. "Um...Park Chanyeol needed...help...opening his locker." Nailed it, he thinks as she nods, eyeing him suspiciously.

They begin class talking about the different types of radiation and why it's important to be careful of how much light one produces in a day.

**

"Hey, Minnie!" Luhan says, sauntering up to Minseok's locker and placing a hand in front of the boy to keep him from walking away.

"H-Hi, L-Luhan," Minseok stutters, turning around to look Luhan in the eye before lowering his gaze to the tiled floor beneath their feet.

 

Luhan notices Minseok trying to inch away from him on the side that his arm is not blocking, and activates his powers to swing open the locker next to them, effectively blocking Minseok from both sides.

 

 

 

"Um...C-Could you like...excuse m-me," Minseok tries, attempting to sidestep  away from his captor.

 

"Where are you going?" Luhan whispers huskily into Minseok's ear, pressing him closer to the locker behind him.

Minseok visibly turns a dark shade of red, and unexpectedly does something that knocks Luhan off of his feet...literally.

He brings up his foot in panic and kicks Luhan in the ...hard.

"I-I'm so s-sorry! Um...here l-let me help you," Minseok says and bends down to Luhan and places his hand on Luhan's crotch, creating a small ice ball to reduce the pain. He hands the ball to Luhan, and runs off, apologizing as he speeds down the hallway to his Ice Physics class.

Luhan is found in the hallway by healing student, Zhang Yixing, and gets dragged to the nurse's office to heal his aching family jewels.

**

"He did what?!" Jongdae, Baekhyun's partner in crime, shouts drawing the unwanted attention of passersby. He ducks his head in apology at the questioning glances.

"He held my hand and called me cute...well kinda cute, but it's the same thing," Baekhyun says, staring longily at the tall idiot down the hall struggling with his backpack.

"So...that basically means you're getting married now."

"Jongdae...I don't think-" Jongdae cuts him off with a fake cough.

"Junmyeon did the same thing to me, and we're pretty much married now," Jongdae surmises, showing Baekhyun his promise ring for emphasis.

"Okay...well..I don't really like Chanyeol. He just...I just-I don't know...do I like him?" Baekhyun says, mostly to himself, and Jongdae pats him on the back with a small smile.

"You think about that. I gotta go...Lightning Theory is a class I can't miss so...peace."

Do I like the giant dork? Do I? Baekhyun thinks to himself as he walks to the ppractice grounds for his session.

**

"He gives you blue balls in more than one way, huh, hyung?" Oh Sehun, Luhan's friend, though he's not sure why, states as he fails attempts to hold back giggles.

"Ha ha ha," Luhan says without any actual mirth, readjusting the ice ball (which surprisingly doesn't melt) on his crotch. "If you're done making fun of my love life...or lack thereof, can we continue our conversation?"

"It was a good joke, you have to admit, Luhan-gege. And, from what you're telling us, he seems to like you back," Zitao, a newer addition to the school, says.

"Yeah...Taozi has a point," Sehun points out after his giggles subside.

"R-Really?" Luhan asks, trying not to sound too hopeful.

"Yeah...he sounds like he gets really shy and flustered around you with the stuttering an all that jazz," Wufan says boredly, walking into the break room after an intense Aerodynamics lesson.

"Wow...I never noticed that."

"Well, either that or he's scared of you," Sehun points out.

"Or he hates you, gege," Zitao adds.

"Oh...um, yeah, I'm gonna stick with the first one," Luhan says, grabbing his backpack out of his locker and turning to walk away in order to catch up with Kyungsoo.

**

"That sounds awesome!" Yixing exclaims, smoothly dodging the laser beam of light Baekhyun directed at him.

Baekhyun frowns, "But...Xing, that's not the point. I need relationship advice." He continues to fire at Yixing, but it's still dodged. 

"Aim better, Baekhyun-ah; you're aiming too far to the left," Yixing points out, "and I think that my advice earlier was very useful." He sticks his bottom lip out in a pout.

"It wasn't...not for the dating stuff at least, though I appreciate the tips on aiming. I just...he's pretty hot and stuff, but I don't know if we should date, you know? He seems like a player, and I don't wanna get hurt."

"Then don't date him?" Yixing says, sounding more questioning, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Hey, Yixing-hyung? Sehunnie's waiting for you," Jongin states, appearing with a puff of black smoke. "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

"Nope; Baekkie here just needs some advice."

"Oh," Jongin turns to Baekhyun, "why don't you ask Junmyeon-hyung? Or maybe Jongdae-hyung? How about Chanyeol-hyung?"

"I refuse to ask Jongdae for advice ever again, and I need advice about Chanyeol...Junmyeon might work. Thanks, Jongin!" Baekhyun shouts and runs off to find Junmyeon.

Yixing and Jongin teleport off to the front of the building where Sehun is sitting playing Crossy Road on his phone.

**

"So, you're telling me that Minseok-hyung hates you? That's unlikely; he's the sweetest person ever," Kyungsoo tells Luhan as they walk to the dorms together.

"But he kicked me in the balls! If that doesn't scream 'I hate you', then what does it mean?" Luhan whines with exasperated hand movements.

"Maybe he thinks you're scary?" Kyungsoo suggests, owlish eyes pondering the surrounding area for answers.

"What makes you think I'm scary?!" Luhan yells, then realizes that maybe that's why he was scary. 

"Um," Kyungsoo gulps, "wild guess?"

Luhan sighs in defeat and they walk in silence the rest of the way.

**

"Just see how you feel in a few days after thinking about it," is all Junmyeon says as he tries to put everything away in his locker without flooding the school for the third time this month.

"But I don't think! Do I look like some peasent who spends their day thinking to you?" Baekhyun snaps, stomping away...to go think like Momma Junmyeon says.


{1488 words}

Okay first chapter done!!! I hope you enjoy it and that you share this with your friends (if you like it)!

Thank you!!!!

-Byun Baconboy