CHAPTER 21

LOVE WAITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day

 

 

 

Yuri stood in her room, eyeing the clothes she’d laid out on the bed.  While the dinner and dance wasn’t deemed formal, Hara advised it was a dress-up affair.  However, this was Calloway.  Not all “dress-up” rules applied here.  Especially if you weren’t all that fond of dressing up in the first place.

 

The black jeans with the nice leather boots is what Yuri wanted to wear.  What she knew she should wear was the fancy suit SooYoung had picked out for her.  Would it be considered a fashion faux pas if she mixed the silky turquoise blouse of the suit with the tight black jeans?  Yuri decided she didn’t care.  She wasn’t  really a suit kind of gal.  She was simply letting SooYoung play dress up with her when they’d gone shopping.

 

She glanced at her watch, knowing she had another half an hour before they were to meet at the bar for pre-dinner drinks.  Then dinner and dancing.  And a brunch tomorrow for those who wanted, then they would all disperse and go on with their lives.  Of course, Yuri hadn’t spent much time talking to anyone other than Jessica and a few short conversations with Hara.  She’d had a brief – and awkward – encounter with HyoMin, the girl famous for her swim parties.  Yuri didn’t recognize her as she was just a few ounces shy of three hundred pounds now.  Divorced with two kids, she still lived in Calloway.  That was the extent of their conversation and Yuri escaped back to the safety of Jessica’s company.

 

Which was ironic, seeing as how she’d been dreading meeting up with Jessica again.  She couldn’t believe they’d actually discussed the breakup.  More than that, she was shocked by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter