CHAPTER 1

LOVE WAITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

Kwon Yuri  rested her chin in her palm, her eyes scanning  the drawing she’d been tinkering with for the last two hours.  Their deadline was approaching but there were only so many ways to advertise pre-owned cars. She dropped her pencil and shoved the drawing away in frustration.
 

“Why don’t you let Darrell give it a try?”
 

Yuri shot a wry glance at  SooYoung, her business partner. “Because  he uses a computer for all of his designs, that’s why.”
 

“So do you.”
 

“Not  until  I  have  my  ideas  down  with  pencil  first,”  she  said  as  she  leaned  back  with  a  sigh.
 

“These  college  kids  nowadays,  they  don’t  have  to  have  an  original  thought.  They  just  copy  and paste images and then call it good.”
 

SooYoung  laughed. “You’re only cranky because you hate car ads.  You always have. Why did you take on this account in the first place?”
 

“Oh? So you think we’re thriving enough that we can be  selective in our choices?” Yuri stood and held up her coffee cup in a silent question. SooYoung shook her head.
 

“Business has been fabulous, and you know it. And since it’s  you who hates car ads—yet you took on this one—why don’t you just give it to Darrell and let him do his computer thing and call  it good?”
“Because I’m stubborn.”
 

“And it has nothing to do with the deal he gave you on your new Jeep?”
 

Yuri  childishly  stuck  her  tongue  out  at  SooYoung,  then  slipped  into  the  tiny corner  kitchen, suspiciously  eyeing  the  coffee  that  had  been  brewed  some  five hours  earlier.  Her semi-addiction to coffee had it’s limits.  She took a water bottle from the fridge instead.  Leaning against the counter, she gazed out through the kitchen door opening to the office.

 

They’d started their agency six years ago, building it up ever so slowly.  The first two years had been lean and they’d talked about quitting, yet they hung on.  Their break came when a new restaurant opened up in their small city.  A young couple with a dream of duplicating their parents’ auth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter