CHAPTER 12

LOVE WAITS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day
 

 

 

“The fact that you had a female lover when you were  a junior in high school is not a shocking to me as learning you were a cheerleader.”  Sunny teased.  “That’s just wrong.  Lesbians should not be cheerleaders.”

 

Jessica flicked her gaze to HyoYeon, noting that she was enjoying Sunny’s teasing as much as Sunny was.

 

“Do you have to tell her everything?”

 

“Of course.  You’ve  been  our  source  of  entertainment  for  the  last  couple  of  weeks.  Why do you think we invited you over for dinner?”
 

Jessica  stole  an  olive  off  of  the  snack  tray,  trying  not  to  take  it  too personally  that  HyoYeon and Sunny used her for their entertainment.  And really, who could blame them.  Especially this week, as she had been nearly in a state of panic after the phone call.  The phone call from Hara  saying “you’ll never believe who RSVP’d.” But of course she could. She’d been expecting it, dreading it.  She didn’t know how she knew, but she would have bet money that this year, Kwon Yuri would attend their high school reunion.  She could feel it in her gut, feel it in her heart.  And how embarrassing was it going to be to have to face her, seeing Yuri, no doubt with a gorgeous lover hanging on her arm, and here Jessica would be, forever single.

 

Single and scarred because of Yuri, she reminded herself.  Single because she couldn’t recapture the magic – the passion – that they had.  And scarred because Kwon Yuri had shattered her heart into tiny pieces, making some lame- excuse about them both needing space, needing to see other people, needing to get out.  Oh yeah, Yuri got out all right.  She got out and into beds, that is.

 

“Why are you frowning?”
 

Jessica pulled her thoughts back to the present, hating that nearly every waking hours was spent on Kwon Yuri, a woman she swore she would hate her dying breath. She waved her hand dismissively.

 

 “Thinking about the breakup,” she said.
 

“The one that was nearly twen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter