Taemin's Brother

I'd Tell you I Hate you but then I'd be Lying

 ~Key POV~

The day carried on, and Jonghyun never left my side.

I haven’t really made any new friends except for him and Amber, and maybe Minzy. But when 5thperiod lunch rolled around, he introduced me to Minho.

My first impression: tall. Second impression (after we had got our lunch): quiet, but then extremely talkative. Third impression (when we had gotten a table): popular.

Girls ran up to him, nearly knocking me over as they swarmed the frog eyed boy. Squealing, they all tried to talk at once until some noticed me and Jonghyun, then they swarmed us as well.

That is, until a voice boomed out, similar to this morning.

I winced and so did everyone else as Amber strutted through the now parted crowd and smiled down at us three. “Afternoon boys.”

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at his friend. “You know, ‘excuse me’ never fails. And is much less scary than yelling ‘get the hell outta ma way’” he informed. I chuckled at Amber’s ice glare to the now frightened looking puppy.

She pulled up a chair next to me, then someone was seated next to her. He looked a year older, and somehow resembled Taemin…

He flashed us all a smile, saying hi to Jonghyun and Minho, but then stopping at me. Amber noticed this and quickly introduced us.

“Taesun, this is Key, the new kid. Key, this is my friend Taesun.”

I grinned. “Anngyeong.”

He did the same before we started eating the spaghetti lunch. The fan girls have left us to finally some peace.

Everyone took turns telling me about the school, and what I was interested in was when I heard you can mail letters to friends and family outside the academy.

Of course, the idea to write to my baby and be able to talk with him again brought a smile on my face, and it didn’t go unnoticed.

Taesun chuckled. “Key-ah, what are you thinking about?”

“Wha? Oh, just thinking of my baby”

“You have a girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend? No, I meant my son”

“You have a son?!”

“He’s not my real son!” I waved my arms in the air, making everyone laugh.

Geez, did they have a lot to learn about me..

“My friend, I’ve taken care of him like an umma and we’ve been best friends for a long time. So that’s why I call him my Tae-baby” I smiled proudly.

“Tae-baby?” Taesun laughed. “Funny”

I scowled. “Tae is for Taemin, my adorable son” I said with my chin up in the air.

I heard a small gasp and I looked to Amber’s friend, who was sitting there looking kinda… terrified.

“Taesun?”

He didn’t say anything and just stared at the floor before Amber hauled him away, saying they would be right back.

That’s weird…

Why did he get such a shock from hearing Taemin’s name..?

 

~Amber POV~

I held hands with Taesun as I lead him out to the hall and pressed him against the wall gently.

“Sunnie… Sunnie, look stop thinking for a sec and look at me..”

He looked up at the sound of his nickname I’d given him a forever ago. His eyes looked sad and he was frowning.

“His best friend… is right there…”

“So? It’s just his best friend, it’s not your brother.”

“No, what if he finds out I’m his brother? He’ll hate me, and I know Minnie already does. Amber, I can’t stand to have anyone hating me anymore…”

He looked like he was about to cry so I enveloped him into a hug, tracing soothing circles on his back. “Taesunnie, look, not everyone hates you. It’s hard to hate someone like you. You can just sit there and smile and everyone will fall in love with you..”

I knew this was true because that’s exactly what happened to me.

“So I’m sure Key won’t hate you if you tell him why you had to leave.”

“But what if he already knows about me?”

“I’m sure he doesn’t, he would’ve said something already.”

“So should we just not say anything about it til he asks?”

“Maybe that’ll be the best to do. But just to check, I’ll ask him about it later.”

I was about to pull him back into the cafeteria when he didn’t let go of my hand that I just realized I was still holding. My face heated a little.

“Amber, what was that you said about everyone falling in love with me if I just sit there and smile?”

I bit my bottom lip. “It’s just something I heard on a cheesy drama.”

“You don’t watch dramas.”

I frowned at my own stupidity but didn’t turn around… just yet.

“Y-yah, why do you want to know what I meant about that?”

“I just do.”

“Do you want to know who’s in love with you?”

“I don’t care as long as it’s you.”

His words made my heart stop. Then I laughed feeling stupid. “How could anyone possibly like me?”

He took a deep breath and I still didn’t turn to look at him. “Amber Liu, you’re so boyish and rough and fierce, and you’re like manlier than other boys.”

Is he complimenting me? Or should I feel insulted?

“But, you’re so cute and charming and just fun to be around. You’re like a dream girl.”

Again, I blushed and tried to make it fade away, but it just wouldn’t. So I let it stay there and didn’t allow Taesun to see it, but he turned me around anyways, looking me straight in the eye.

My heart was going to punch a hole in my chest if I wasn’t talking. “Well, Taesun you’re like a dream guy.”

OMG why did I say that? I felt embarrassed, but I just wanted to let him know already. He smiled sweetly down at me.

“So, since we’re both each other’s dreams, can I be your boyfriend?”

“Even if I’m boyish and rough?” I said, looking up at him through my eyelashes. I hadn’t noticed he was pulling me closer, and now our chests were touching.

“Don’t you know Amber? That’s always what I liked about you.” He smiled so sweetly and that’s when all the walls broke down and I let him pull me into his arms.

“Then yes” I said, smiling against his chest. My heartbeat has slowed, considering the fact I had realized this was not a dream, but very much reality. Instead, it was swollen but with happiness. Is that weird?

Whatever, I don’t care anymore. All I care about is the fact that Taesun finally knows I like him.

 

~Key POV~

We were waiting for Amber and Taesun to come back, but… they didn’t.

Where did they go? A sudden realization came to me and I smiled slowly. “Ohh… are Amber and Taesun dating?”

Jonghyun laughed. “Well, she has had a crush on him for a while, and they’re really close friends so… maybe?”

I squealed. “Aww, how cute.”

Minho chuckled. “So Key, what do you think of the school so far?”

I grinned. “It’s nice. Not so strict as I thought it was.”

He cocked an eyebrow and smirked. “So how do you feel about Jjong?”

The one being spoken of choked a little and I blushed, trying to decide on my words carefully. “Um, he’s like a puppy” I giggled.

Jonghyun pouted at me. “Aw, is that a good thing?”

I grinned at how cute he looked with his bottom lip sticking out and his eyes looking bigger. “Yes, duh”

He simply smiled before the bell rang. Fifty-five minutes passed already?

“Let’s go to our next class” Jonghyun said as we threw out our trays. We waved goodbye to Minho and he lead me down the hall.

We spotted Taesun and Amber, they were swinging their intertwined hands. I felt super happy for her, they were really just too cute.

I wanted to run over there and tell them they’re adorable, but Jonghyun stopped me, telling me we should go to class and we’ll see them later.

*+*+*+*

FINALLY it was the last period of the day. It was exhausting to keep up with the other classes, and though I’m pretty smart, every class is ahead of me! I have a lot of tutoring to be needed.

Jonghyun saw how tired I looked and laughed. “So you’re pretty tired?”

I stretched. “Yeah, no kidding. Could you tutor me when we get back to our room?”

“Sure, but we have practice y’know.”

“Practice? Practice for what?”

“Well, we did dancing this morning, so we should do some vocal or instrumental, or acting, sports, etc.”

I smiled at the word vocal. “Okay” I sang as we walked into another large classroom.

Everyone turned to look at me. Some faces were familiar, since they’d jumped on me earlier throwing questions, but other than that, everyone was a stranger.

I was going to talk to some other students who were smiling at me, but before I could, Jonghyun dragged me to a row of desks and sat me down on one.

“This is your seat”

I raised an eyebrow. “How do you know..? The teacher hasn’t told me which is my desk.”

“The teacher owes me, so you can sit here” he smiled. “Besides, no one sits here anyways”

I nodded as he sat in the desk in front of me when the bell rang. Everyone did the same as the teacher walked in.

He had a sort of dark auburn hair, which was styled and messily perfect. He was wearing glasses that he took off to look at the class, checking who was here.

“Is Kibum here?”

Two people raised their hands, one being me and another boy who was named Kibum. Some people giggled when Yunho cocked an eyebrow at the other Kibum.

“Not you Kibum. The other Kibum, Key”

I kept my hand raised, shyly. He saw me after a while (my desk was way on the other side of the room) and grinned.

“Oh, Key-ah. The new student from Daegu. Do you want to give a little intro or..?” he trailed off, and I stood up shyly as everyone was staring at me.

“Er… well, I’m Kim Kibum, from Daegu. But you can call me Key. Um… I like to rap and sing and dance, and it’s always been a dream for me to attend S.A. I studied abroad in America for six months, and my middle school was Dae Gu Yeong Shin Middle School. I was a varsity water-skier.”

Everyone nodded in approval(?) and I sat down again.

Yunho smiled again, this time at me and Jonghyun. Why at Jjong?

“Jonghyun, nice seating arrangement” he stuck his tongue out at the boy in front of me, who rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah Yunnie. Can we just get class over with?”

I laughed and so did some other people. I guess Jjong was friends with… Yunnie?

The teacher sighed heavily. “Yah, stop calling me that. I told you yesterday already.” He looked at me. “Key, just call me Yunho-sshi, unlike some idiots” he shot a look at Jonghyun who just shrugged in response and leaned back.

I laughed again. I was gonna like this class.

 

~Taemin POV~

I sat on my bed, with my phone in my hand and the card Yunho-sshi gave me sitting in front of me.

I was doing butterfly stretches while I worked up the nerve to dial one damn number already.

Which one? Yunho-sshi’s? The office?

I slapped my forehead. “Why is this so difficult” I mumbled out. I peeked out from my hand and decided to put in Yunho-sshi’s number.

I just sat there a while, not pressing the talk/call button until I flopped down on the bed, crazily talking to myself.

“Uggghh.. why can’t I just call already? It’s not like they’re gonna say anything-”

“Hello?”

I stopped my ranting when I heard a tiny voice. My heart beat quickening, I looked at my phone, mortified that I had accidentally called Yunho-sshi.

OMG what do I do? Should I hang up? Should I speak to him? Tell him I called on accident?

“Helloo?”

I squeezed my eyes tight and brought the phone to my face. “U-um, Yunho-sshi! It’s Taemin, the street dancer from earlier today..”

There was a little of silence before he spoke again. “Oh! Now I remember! Sorry, my mind is just so distracted right now. So anyways, yes you want to come to S.A.?”

“Um, yes..” I said shyly.

“Great, we’ll have someone pick you up by tomorrow… afternoon?”

I blinked. “Wait, wha..?”

“Well of course, the headmaster has to see if you have talent, so you need to audition. Since you were already, as we say, ‘found’ by me, they believe you have potential. So, we’ll stop by at around three-ish?”

I gasped inside of myself. Tomorrow already? I need to get practicing. “Okay Yunho-sshi, that sounds good.”

“Good, we’ll see you tomorrow>”

“O-okay bye Yunho-sshi”

I waited until he said bye back until I shut my phone and buried my face into my pillow. What was I doing? Tomorrow at three o’clock? I should start practicing.

I took a glance at the clock. It was 4:30.

Not thinking twice, i changed into loose sweats, grabbed my stereo and shoes, and ran out to the fountain when I saw someone that made my face light up.

It was the frog prince.

And he was looking right back at me.

 

--

Ch 6~^^

OMGOMG sorryyyy i havent updated in like FOREVER i have the WORST writer' block );
urgh... well, more ranting in my blog ^-^

 

 

I found this chapter really hard to write. Not just cuz of the writer's block, but bcuz the confession between Amber and Taesun... those were the exact same words as the ones me and my last boyfriend exchanged. He told me I was a dream girl, I said he was my dream guy (well, he was asian (filipino like me), likes kpop (super junior), he's funny, cute, and popular af), then he asked if i would go out with him. And he broke my heart a week later. When he promised he wouldn't...

So old memories like those are hard to write...
But I can bear it somehow ^-^

 

 

ugh my whole body is sore af cuz i had basketball tryouts and stuff -.-
15-16 laps every day >_< nonstop, sprinting and other drills. i hate the coach -.-
but it paid off cuz i made iitt (:

Okay, well I'll try to get in another update SOON. I have my other fic too and a writing contest at my library.
Oh yeah, and happy 2012~!! <3

Comment+Subscribe and thanks for reading, ~!! <3

Byebye :3