Bonus Chapter~

I'd Tell you I Hate you but then I'd be Lying

I reached 100 subscribers the other day ^^
So I made a little bonus chapter to celebrate, the story about how Key met Taemin and Jonghyun met Onew.
What happens in these stories might be a little important later on :o
I left out a Minho story for him to be more mysterious (I lied, I was just lazy.)
And the next chapter will be posted tomorrow after school (Yeah I started school today -__-)
Spoiler, there will be OnKey for a while~ keke. I think they're cute anyways.
Thank you for reading~

 

The story of Key and Taemin-
~Key POV
The kids looked at me weirdly. I guess they've never seen a "stylish diva" like me before.
"This is Kim Kibum, he will be transferring here starting today." the teacher announced.
I flashed my bright smile and bowed. "Anngyeonghasseo, my name is Kim Kibum but I'd prefer Key."
They all looked nice but I found one particular boy sitting by the window interesting. He didn't look at me at all, which was weird since everyone always looks at me the minute I walk into the room.
"You can sit over there Kibum, right behind Taemin." She pointed to the aloof boy. Taemin was a pretty name and he had a pretty face too.
I tapped his soulder when I took my seat. He looked at me curiously.
"Hi~ I'm Key." He was cute, maybe I could make friends.
He only looked me up and down before turning back around. Rude.
I frowned but thought 'Whatever' as I listened to the teacher give her lesson.
After class everyone was in the school yard, talking and laughing and what not. I looked dwn, upset I couldn't do any of that because I hadn't really made a friend yet.
"Hey are you Key?"
I turned arund and some taller guys smiled at me. "Wow you're as cute as they say."
I smiled at the compliment. "Thank you. So can I help you?"
"We just wanna hang out with a cutie like you" they laughed as one of them swung their arm over my shoulder.
I just smiled and went along with it, because I had nothing else to do.
"Where do you want to go? Get ice cream?"
"Mm, okay."
I didn't care if they use me like this, that's just how everyone I've ever met was. I've been a victim of attempeted kidnap multiple times, es are just about the scariest thing ever. And besides, these guys seemed friendly.
Or so I thought.
"Hey man, look at Taemin."
on of the guys said to his friend.
I turned my head at the mention of his name and saw the pretty boy laying on the soft grass, eaebuds in his ears looking like he didn't give a care in the world.
One of the guys snorted. "Look at him.
Just because he's the best dancer he goes and acts cool like that."
I gave them a funny look. He wasn't acting cool, he just looks bored and listening to music.
"Wanna go over there and teach him a lesson" one of them smirked. When they nodded I got a bad feeling and tagged along to make sure everything was gonna be okay.
I guessed not when Taemin looked up and a scared look covered his face.
"Taemin what did we tell you about taking your precious time getting home."
The frightened boy stood and gathered his things quickly, not looking up. "Sorry, I was just leaving."
"I told you to look at me when I'm talking" the large guy said as he pulled Taemin by his collar.
I stepped up but stopped in my tracks when the scared kid shut his eyes and looked like he was about to cry. That did it.
I got myself inbetween the bone head and the on-the-verge-of-tears Taemin, giving the older an intense glare.
"That's going too far hyung." Why was I even being respectful?
He gave me a sly smile. "Ooh, you're fiesty aren't you."
I felt disgusted and made a face. "Go. Away."
He looked at me funny and tilted my chin. "Aw is the little diva umma protecting his baby?"
I spit on his face in a mixture of anger and disgust. He wiped it off and finally seemed mad. "Okay you know what.."
A sharp pain ran across my face as his fist hit my cheek.
I heard Taemin shriek as the other block heads ganged up on me but before either could touch me, I fought back, kicking the one who punched me in the groin.
We were drawing a crowd now, thank goodness none of the teachers were here though.
I took a lot of hits but manned up and fought back harder, until the idiots finally left. 
"Damn you!" they shouted as they retreated, holding their swollen cheeks.
"Go read a book stupids!" I yelled angrily back.
Once they were finally gone, I turned to the still scared looking boy and smiled as much as my bloody mouth would let me.
"H-hyung! I'm so sorry, you got into this because of me and-"
I held up my hand, signaling him to stop. "Taemin. Please just help me to the nurse."
He only nodded hesitantly before I flopped my arm over his shoulder and limped to the nurse's office.
I had multiple cuts and bruises as well as a bad ankle but other than that I was fine.
"Must've been quite a fall" the nurse sighed as she left me to rest.
I smiled secretley at Taemin, we had to make a little white lie to cover up the incident. He even convinced the noonas and other students not to tell the teachers with his innocent and teary eyes.
"I'm sorry Kibum" he pouted as he fiddled with his thumbs beside my bed. "This wouldn't have happened if you didn't get involved."
I pat his head. "Don't worry. Those guys were idiots anyways."
He smiled at me, he practically sparkled.
"I'm Lee Taemin. I'm sorry for ignoring you in class, I thought you were another bully."
I frowned. "That hurts Taeminnie." I changed my face and grinned. "I'm Key, as you already know."
He tilted his head slightly, looking confused. This boy was just adorable. "Key I have a question."
I nodded, signaling him to go on and he fiddled his thumbs. "Can you be my umma..?"
I raised an eyebrow. "Does this have anything to do with what those jerks said back there?"
He shrugged. "Kind of. I mean, you're so protective, and you remind me of..nevermind."
He looked sad now which made me mirror his expression. I rubbed his back. "Aw Taemin what is it?"
He pouted and sniffled. "Nevermind, it's just.."
I understood that look, a longing for something missing, something gone, something that will never return. "Your parents.."
He rubbed his eyes. "It was a drunk driver."
I quickly enveloped him into a hug, even though my bruised and pained arms protested strongly against it.
"Don't worry Taemin, it's okay to cry. I'm here from now on to protect you."
He nodded numbly into my shoulder. "Thank you umma."
I liked the sound of him calling me mum, it made me feel like I really was one.
And thankfully, over the years, I got to hear him call me that almost everyday. My baby, my best friend, Taemin~ Umma will always love you.

-The story of Onew and Jonghyun-
~Onew POV~
I held Coco in my arms lovingly as he slept against my elbow. We were on the couch together, watching TV in my own little room in the back of our family owned music shop.
(Onew had a dog but I didn't know the name so i used Key's dog's name ><)
"Jinki! Come help us" my umma called.
I carefully pushed my puppy off my lap as not to wake him and trotted to the front of the store where my umma and appa were helping some other men carry a large black grand piano in.
I stared in awe at it, it was beautiful. "Wow, this is seriously the best~"
Umma laughed and told me to move the boxes of CDs and other instruments on the floor out of the way.
Later that day, when the piano was set up nicely, I couldn't stop staring at it in awe. My mother and father told me not to touch it until they got back from their other job at the meat market, so they left me chicken for dinner and reminded me to not to tak to strangers in the store while my uncle handled the customers.
I was put in bed later and almost falling asleep. There were only a few more minutes until the shop closed and my parents would be back in an hour. My eyelids were growing heavy and I started hearing the sound of a piano.
'I must be dreaming now' I thought. But I guess it was impossible because when I opened my eyes a few seconds later, I still heard it.
Curious, I tiptoed into the music shop to see who was making that beautiful sound.
A boy a little younger than me sat at the big grand piano we just recieved today. Customers were playing with it all day but none of them had sounded as good as him.
I walked up slowly as to not interrupt his playing. He had his eyes closed and looked focused, he was actually even earing a school uniform which I recognized right away, it was the school I go to. I guess I just never ran into this guy.
My curiosity drew me closer to the younger musician and I was about to open my mouth and speak when my clumsy feet tripped over each other and I fell into a tangle of boxes onto the floor.
The music stopped and when I looked up, a friendly confused face stared back at me. His chocolate brown hair was as dark as his big eyes and his slightly thick eyebrows furrowed at me. "Are you alright..?"
I nodded, cursing my clumsiness, and stood up. He was definitley shorter than me, so I guess he was more younger than I thought. I pat his head. "You're good at playing the piano kid."
He frowned up at me. "I'm only 8."
Well that was a shock. My jaw dropped as I stared at the tiny boy. "B-but why are you so..short?"
I found it funny because he was only two years younger and still he was a few inches shy of me. I burst out laughing but my uncle told me to keep it down from the back of the store so I did.
For the next ten minutes, we talked and laughed and fought over the most immature things.
The only thing we really had in common was that we both liked music a lot, it was our life.
"But anyways Jonghyun" I said, narrowing my eyes. "Why are you here so late?"
He looked down, guilt and sadness plastered clearly over his face. He made a small pout and his big eyes were teary. If he had ears and a tail, he'd very much resemble an adorable puppy.
He continued to say nothing and stare at his shoes, I got concerned.
"Jonghyun..?"
"I.." he twiddled his thumbs. "I might have..run away?"
My jaw dropped. A runaway..I've only seen those in movies.
"Why? I thought you said your parents were working in hospitals and earning a lot of money."
"They are" he sighed. "It's just that..when I told them I wanted to be a musician, my father was strongly against it. Every time I tried singing or playing something, he'd get mad and hit me. My mother encouraged my dream though and she as upset at my father for how he treated me. When I told her I wanted to run away to pursue my dream, she didn't stop me. She actually encouraged me.
"My umma believed in me and my dream, so I decided I'd become famous for her."
I stared in awe at him but he looked confused at my sparkling facial expression.
"Wow Jjong~ that sounds so cool. Like something out of a comic almost.."
He laughed at me and hit me. "C'mon hyung, it's not that cool."
Finally knowing who this boy is, we became best friends within an hour and when my parents came home to find me still awake and taking to a stranger, they were confused but I explained his story and surprisingly, they let him stay, as long as he helped out in the music shop like I do.
I didn't think our friendship would last for long though, my uncle told me a few months later that he wanted to bring me to a secluded, isolated school called Seoul Academy. I refused to go without my best friend, so he gave him a chance and Jjong took it. He showed off his talent and melodious voice, and thankfully, he was admitted too. Under one important condition though, I start at S.A. a few grades higher and when the time comes, I become the assistant music teacher because I apperantly 'understood music so well'. 
I didn't want to do it ar first but Jonghyun convinced me it'd be fine and everything would work out..
Many years later now, I'm so glad he told me to agree. My idiotic best friend and dongsaeng Jonghyun..you might know this or believe it but you actually mean a lot to me.
--
This was pretty rushed and cheesy ><
But I hope you like it~