.

I'd Tell you I Hate you but then I'd be Lying

 

~Minho POV~

I woke up the next morning not wanting to get out of bed. Knowing that Taemin heard everything. The promise. And now he hates me, I'm fairly sure.

I wish we weren't so loud outside the door. I should've dragged Taesun out the entire building. Taemin is a nosy and curious boy, I know. Of course he'd listen.

What was weird though was how normal he was acting. When he woke up, he went to the bathroom. He came out fully dressed. He greeted me good morning with a bright smile while he adjusted his school tie. I'd fix it for him. Either of us would get a text from Key or Jonghyun. And we'd walk to their dorm together. Normal morning.

I didn't want to say anything about what Taemin said last night. 'Don't worry, I won't fall in love with you.' I guess he didn't want to say anything either, because of how quiet he was even though he kept a cheery attitude, greeting any friend or girl who had a crush on him as they walked by.

When we got to Jjong and Key's dorm, the older was still snoring. But he was on the couch for some reason.

His roomate sighed and clicked his tongue. "This guy is an idiot."

As usual, he made us breakfast like a good umma. Then he went to get dressed while the dinosaur woke up slowly and joined us for waffles. An average every day morning. Like it was a routine now.

I was still a little tense still around Taemin. He was the exact opposite though, occasionally asking me to pour him milk or stating his opinion during childish arguments I had with Jonghyun.

But I know what's in his head is different than what's being played on his face.

Walking to music class with Jonghyun had an eerie atmosphere. He was really quiet for some reason. Should I tell him that Taemin knows about the promise?

Maybe not now. "Jjong why are you so..quiet..?"

Key and Taemin had left for dance class, leaving the space between us empty. He sighed heavily.

"It's Onew. And Key."

"You're jealous?"

He opened his mouth to deny it but shut it when he realized it was true. I rolled my eyes.

"If you like Key so much then tell him."

"But.." he threw his arms up, waving them dramatically. "What if he likes Onew? What if he doesn't like me? I don't wanna ruin our friendship and make things awkward for us. What if he's not even gay?"

"Jonghyun..no offense to Kibum but I'm fairly sure he's homoual."

He continued to rant and rant until I thought of something that made me stop.

"You didn't kiss him..did you..?"

Jonghyun has a tendency to kiss almost anyone. It's his way to show affection but he's still the king of skinship. We all have our fair share of memories when Jjong carelessly kissed someone.

He fiddled with his thumbs not answering. I slapped my forehead.

"Oh god hyung.."

"In my defense, he's the prettiest boy I've ever laid eyes on and he was asleep."

That's not true, maybe Taemin was prettier. I shook my head. "That's even worse."

He scratched the back of his head. "It was weird though. Last night I fell asleep on the couch and I had a dream..Key came home and he was just there looking all perfect and I kissed him."

That can't be good. "You're sure it was a dream..?"

He stopped. "It..it seemed like it.."

"Maybe you actually kissed him."

As soon as I said that he practically flopped over. "Ohhh myyy god what now then?"

Like hell I knew. I told him that and he continued to whine and complain until we got to one of the music departments to practice our duet.

We put away our personal problems and sat in the soundproof room with our notebooks out, writing down songs we'd like to do for our sing and rap performance.

~Onew POV~

"For the last time Ren.." I sighed. "It doesn't matter what they say. You can't beat someone up like that."

The gorgeous boy in front of me held his bruised cheek and pouted. "Onew sshi you know I hate when people mistake me for a girl to hit on me."

"I'm sure it was an honest mistake." then I gave him a smile he had to fall for.

He frowned and walked back to Baekho who gave him another ice pack, frantically asking if he was okay.

I sat back at my desk and sighed. I still felt upset when I looked at the clock and frowned. Why couldn't time go by faster? I missed Key~

He was so cute yesterday. I would go see him in dance again but there was a class sitting in front of me, scribbling notes from the board on their paper.

Jonghyun and Minho were in the other building I knew, getting vocal lessons and practice from an instructor friend. Probably for their duet.

"I'm booooored" I sighed heavily to the class as I spun in my chair. They looked at me weird.

"Onew sshi, just go. I can keep the class in check" Hongki beamed. I bet he would. Not.

I shook my head to which he frowned at.

Hongki and his band had somehow convinced the school to let them do a performance with their 5 members for the testing. He was a mischevious student definetly.

When the bell finally rang a billion years later, I was the first to jump up and leave the class. As I was leaving, I could hear the female students giggling at how cute I was.

I made a beeline for the dance studdio where students were pouring out, heading to their first period. I found the feline eyed boy and started strolling towards him. But what made me stop for a bit was the cute boy beside him, Mir. Wasn't he with that guy Joon back at the resteraunt?

Taemin was chatting happily along them when he met my eye and poked Key, pointing my way.

I waved and walked over, saying hi to the three kids.

"I was so bored in class" I sighed. I had a few meetings today and then I was free. Mir laughed.

"Onew sshi, watch what you say. You might get fired for that."

We laughed together as we roamed the campus, getting hot chocolate along the way. Mir left to talk with his group of friends as I walked with Taemin and Key to get Jonghyun and Minho who were sitting under a tree at the park.

They looked exhausted as they laid on their stomachs, chins on their notebooks with barely readable lyrics scribbled into them.

"Why you guys so worn out?" Key asked as he sat on Jjong. Tae did the same to his roomate and they both grunted.

"Yunho..he was giving us a lesson today..about rapping and singing" the dinosaur croaked under his friend's weight.

I laughed as I pulled the giggly Taemin and Kibum off them. They stood and dusted their bodies of the dirt.

"Whatever let's go to class." Jonghyun grumbled as he stuffed everything into his backpack.

He clearly was worn out and didn't wanna go to class. Which was fun to watch.

I bid goodbye to my friends as I headed back to my office, wishing I was still a student, so innocent and clueless.

~Key POV~

That Jonghyun. Stupid Jonghyun. Jonghyun. Ignorant Jonghyun. Dumbhyun.

He doesn't remember. It was like he was totally out of it when he kissed me. He doesn't know.

So fine, I'll pretend it didn't happen too.

..But his lips were so soft and my heart was going a million miles an hour from the shock and feeling of his mouth against mine.

No. No matter how much I want to bring it up, I won't. He has to first.

Stupid Jonghyun. Cute Jonghyun..

"Key?"

His voice snapped me out of it and I turned to him. "Eh?"

He pointed to the front of the classroom, where the teacher tapped his ruler against the smart board. Was he asking for the answer?

"Oh..mianhae" I mumbled as I got up to write it.

Jonghyun looked at me weirdly when I went back to sit down. "You okay Key?"

No. Because you're such a . Of course, I didn't say that. I only nodded.

And the rest of the day was normal, but something was definitely up with Taemin and Minho.

When we went to lunch together, Tae was looking completely normal. Cheery and hungry. Meanwhile, instead of being serious or stupidly funny, Minho was tense and looked guilty.

I needed an excuse to talk to him. My brain wasn't working right so I accidentally spilled my chocolate milk on his pants.

Then I had an idea. "Oh my gosh Minho, I'm so sorry." I stood up, scraping my chair back and dragging my dongsaeng to the bathroom. "I'll clean it up."

"Calm down hyung" he rolled his eyes as we got to the hall. "It's not that big a-"

I stopped, spun him around, and stared at him dead in the eye. "My baby." he tensed a bit. Prepare to die Choi Minho. "What did you do?"

He blinked and looked down. "Nothing.."

"You're a liar."

I didn't stop giving him my death glare. He caved and sighed heavily, pressing the bottom of his palm into his right eyebrow.

"Remember that promise Taesun made me make?"

My silence was cue for him to go on.

"He heard it."

My jaw dropped and I'd have been so close to hitting him if Jonghyun didn't come and hold me back.

"I heard."

The frog covered his whole face and groaned. "Where's Taemin?"

"He went to talk to his brother and Amber."

"Jjong let me go."

"How did he find out?" he asked, ignoring my demand.

"He overheard Taesun and I talking about it."

"I mean it Jjong."

"It could've been worse."

"Not really."

I bit into my hyung's arm, causing him to yelp and jump away.

"Choi Minho, fix this problem. I can imagine my baby finding out about this. He was hurt right? Pained? That such a promise was even made in the first place?"

He nodded slowly and I shook my head.

"As for you Kim Jonghyun" I said turning to him swiftly. He looked at me with his big curious puppy eyes. I couldn't confront him about this now, I'll wait til we get home.

"Nevermind" I said, waving him away. He asked me to go on anyways, his curiosity killing him but I ignored it as I dragged them both back to the table where Taesun and his girlfriend had joined us.

Taemin motioned to Minho's pants and laughed. "You didn't clean it."

I rolled my eyes. "That's cuz this frog is too whiny and sensitive and wouldn't take off his pants baby." I lied.

Minho blushed but said nothing in defense as he sat down. We couldn’t really tell Minnie we were talking about him just now, could we?

He cleaned the spill himself as we finished our lunch. As we were leaving, I found Mir again. He was the cutest little thing ever, right behind Taeminnie. "Mir!"

He turned and grinned at me. Taemin fell into step beside us as we talked away about our dances and school.

"Key hyung" Mir whispered. "I think Jonghyun is staring at you."

I giggled but didn't turn. Instead, we walked past a mirror and when I looked into it, I could see my hyung behind me, looking at the back of my head.

I ignored it though I found myself suppressing my laughter at how freaking adorable Jjong was.

Mir went to his class, Taemin, Taesun, and Amber went to theirs, leaving Jonghyun, Minho and I.

Well, just Jonghyun. Minho had a different class this period and walked into the classroom next to ours.

I sat next to the dinosaur who poked me.

"Mm?"

"What were you gonna say earlier?" he asked, tilting his head.

I rolled my eyes. "I told you, I'll tell you later."

"It is later."

"At home then."

I stopped talking when I found myself saying the word 'home'. Did I think of this place as my home?

It went un-noticed by Jonghyun as he gave one final pout and turned back to the front.

I was still upset at how he doesn't remember. But I couldn't stop noticing how cute he was. The way he puffed his cheeks when he didn't get what he wanted or was upset, the way his eyebrows shoots up when he laughs wildly and he claps, or the way he makes bad jokes.

But what about Onew? He does the same things.

'You can only like one person Kibum' I told myself in my head as I doodled in my notebook.

Jonghyun or Onew? If they were both faling from a cliff and I could only save one, who would it be?

"Kibum?" someone whispered to me. I turned and looked at Ren, a pretty and well known boy here at S.A. I think he's friends with Taemin.

He pointed at the board and I noticed the teacher was clearing his throat, pointing to another problem.

'What does this guy want from me today' I thought as I got up grumbling to solve the problem.

Later after school and another dance class, Jonghyun and I were sitting lazily in our own rooms, finishing homework while listening to music.

After a few english problems, I threw my papers aside and let out a long breath.

"Key?" Jonghyun knocked once before he let himself in. I tugged out one earbud and

raised my eyebrows.

"Can you help me..?"

"With what?"

"It's an english problem."

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself up to help.

It was just another review, translating the sentences properly to english.

"Okay, what's this word? Can you pronounce it?"

We were sitting 

cross legged on his bed, his english textbook in front of us. He tapped his head with his pen.

"Er..like?"

"Yeah" I pointed to the other words. "So when you say it like this, 'That show I like' it would sound better like 'I like that show.'"

He nodded slowly but I could tel he was still confused. I sighed heavily and took his pen from his hand.

"Okay..put it like this..say you're saying you like something. But you have to be specific. If someone's far away you say 'I like that person'. But if he's close by you say 'I like this person'."

"But this says 'This person I like'." he pointed to his paper.

"Yeah but you'd change it to 'I like this person'."

"Mkay, lemme try."

He scanned the paper until he pointed to one, smiling stupidly at me.

"This boy I like."

I felt my heart jump a bit when he stared at me deeply as he said that sentence. It means nothing right?

I hid my slight blush as I hit his head. "Wrong again."

I heard him whining for me to stay as I got up telling him to get it right.

But after I closed the door, I could hear his stupid cute laugh as the bed springs creaked under his weight.

.

~Minho POV~

This is no good. I can't just leave it like this.

"Hey..Taemin?"

I turned around in my chair but saw he still had his back to me. Nonetheless, he answered with a simple "Hm?"

"Yesterday..what you heard.."

"What about it hyung?"

His head was kept low down like he was still writing. But his shoulder had stopped moving, he was just sitting there. Not wanting to look at me.

"Are you..how do you feel about it?"

He picked up his head a little. "I'm fine with it. I heard it's important to my brother so I'll leave it be."

Then he finally turned and smiled. Like normal.

"And I promise I won't fall for you hyung."

But still something was off. And I couldn't quite catch it.

Why was I so upset about this? Why couldn't I concentrate this whole day? What is this boy doing to me?

The next day, we had the whole day off to let the teachers catch up with their work before the testing starts.

It was almost autumn, the leaves were changing and the air was crisper around campus. People traded their tank tops for hoodies and headphones for hats.

I was at one of the little resteraunts with my soccer team when the bell jingled, signaling someone was walking in.

Some of the guys turned their heads curiously but I kept mine down, not caring about who came in. But then a cute innocent voice spoke.

"Oh hey Minho hyung."

I turned as soon as I heard it but what I saw surprised me.

Instead of the cute mushroom like auburn hair Taemin had just yesterday, he now had thin red locks, with his bangs brushed away diagnolly along just above his eyebrow.

But that wasn't all, he was wearing dark grey peek-a-boo pants, ripped in random places to just below his bum, showing off his creamy skin. He had a fairly loose band tank and a hoodie in his hand. This was not an innocent Taemin. Why did even his voice sound deeper?

"T-Taemin?"

He walked by where I was sitting, passing by me without another glance but I stopped him before he got to where he was heading.

"Yeh Minho hyung?"

"It's just..your clothes..And hair.."

He laughed, it seemed deeper and slightly more manly. "Yeah I thought I should go for a change."

I opened my mouth to speak but my teammate Kai beat me to it.

"Well I dunno about you Minho but I like it." he smiled charmingly and seductivley at Taemin who hid his laugh behind his hand.

I ignored what he just said though I don't know why, it made me a tiny bit jealous.

"Does Key know you've changed your appearance?"

He scratched the back of his head. "He wouldn't pick up so I didn't te-"

"Lee ing Taemin?!"

Like he was right on cue. The shocked Kibum rushed to his baby's side in a second, turning his head, his body, inspecting his new earrings and new type of clothes.

I thought he'd yell at him like a real mother would do.

Instead, he squealed as he shook his son.

"Ohmygod Taemin you're so ing y!"

Taemin giggled sounding innocent again but even I had to admit..Key was right.

I shook my head which made my teammates look at me weirdly. What am I thinking? Why am I thinking of Taemin like this?

Do I maybe like him..?

The kid got a lot of praise for his new style, the number of noonas chasing after him doubled within the next few days. But still, there's something off about him.

~Onew POV~

'Kibummie let's go out again today neh?'

I clicked send and waited happily at my desk, filing papers. My phone vibrated a few seconds later.

'Sorry hyung I have to practice for the testing with Minnie ><'

I pouted. 'Aww, can I go watch?'

'I don't see why not'

I hummed as I put away the last of the papers, happy I'll get to see Key again.

But Jonghyun and him, something changed. I can't tell what because they're both so good at hiding their emotions, but something every once in a while threw them off.

I shrugged it away as I started walking to the dance studio for individual practices.

The booming music slipped from the cracks under the doors of the many rooms down a single hallway. When I asked the dance teacher noona where Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin were practicing, she pointed to room 207.

Like the other rooms, the door shook with loud music. I turned the knob and peeked inside to see Key and Taemin, moving energetically and flexibly to the beats of the hip hop blasting from the stereo.

Key's loud voice counted their steps; 5, 6, 7, 8. I watched mesmerized by the way their bodies moved in sync, perfect with the music. Powerful and rhythmic.

They couldn't see me I guess, the mirrors on the wall didn't reach to the door. Either that or they were too concentrated to pay attention.

The music stopped and still they stayed frozen, their chests rising and falling, the tips of their hair damp from the sweat.

Then I clapped and the youngest jumped. Key turned around to see me and a warm smile spread through his face. God his smile.

"You scared me" Taemin pouted as he wiped the sweat from his face with a towel. Even with his new hair and clothes style he was adorable.

I pet him like a puppy. "Mianhae, but you guys are..wow.."

"Thanks hyung" Key beamed.

For the next hour or so, I watched them practice, complimenting them on their amazing moves. After that, we went for ice cream all together.

I liked the shop we went to, it was small and cute and the employees were always friendly. There was a large corkboard on the wall opposite the entrance. They called it the "Whatever wall" because there are colorful index cards and pens on a platform sticking out next to it, and you write or doodle whatever you want and pin it up.

They take the notes down every month and keep them in one big drawer together, labeling them. Those drawers are against the walls, the oldest drawer is one labeled "February 2009" and the latest is "August 2012".

My two dongsaengs stared at the wall while I got us vanilla, strawberry, and mint ice creams.

"Hey look, it's Baekho hyung" Taemin laughed as he pointed to one light red card.

I walked by to see and sure enough it read "Ren is so cute (>u<)"

"Oh look, Ren wrote one too" Key laughed as he pointed to a blue one below it. "Hyung stop. =_="

There were many others, some from teachers too. A few involved love confessions and some just had happy doodles on it.

We sat at the table closest to the Whatever Wall and stared at it as we enjoyed our treats.

"Let's each write one" I suggested cheerily.

They were eager to take the bright cards and pens, but took their time writing.

I peeked over at them, they looked so concentrated on sending the perfect message up on that wall.

I didn't think much for mine and now seeing how much meaning those two were putting in for this, I wish I did.

They cheered when they were done and found a good spot, right in the middle of the board to pin them.

Since it wasn't so full yet, it was easy to find spots for everyone.

"Hyung what did you write?" they bounced around me curiously, trying to read what I wrote. But I covered it with my hand and laughed nervously. "Ani, it's nothing."

"Hyung that's not fair, you got to see ours" Key whined.

I took another glance at those two's cards. Taemin's was mostly doodles but in the middle he wrote neatly "There is no limit". That I found cute but Key's was deep. "Don't be afraid to be you. Those who matter won't care and those who don't matter will."

Mine was just silly and a normal doodle. I protested them from seeing it but their strength overcame me and I was pushed aside, leaving my note out and open for everyone to see.

"Key, Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun=The best dongsaengs a guy could hope for."

They awed but I blushed embarassed they saw. Then, they tackled me and I fell under their weight.

"Onew that was so adorable" Key gushed.

I laughed and pushed them off me, only then noticing how close Key's face was to mine. I'm never one to blush so easily, ever.

But in the spur of the moment, I could feel my face heat up at just the thought of my lips touching his. He blinked at me and turned pink too before pushing back awkwardly.

"Sorry" he laughed.

No need to apologize Key, trust me. I'm the one who should be sorry, you should love Jonghyun and here I am falling for you little by little.

~Minho POV~

"H-he knows..?"

Taesun's eyes grew as he repeated what I had just told him. I nodded and hung my head, catching him slumping over the piano.

"Nice" Amber sighed. I shot her a look before sitting next to my hyung on the piano bench.

"Sorry hyung..he found out that day you came to our dorm. I didn't tell you until now because I wanted to see if he'd act different in any way."

"He has" Amber rolled her eyes. "Don't you see his new style? He's a y red head who wears peek-a-boo pants. He's clearly changed."

"Yeah" Taesun shook his head. "I guess this is kinda my fault. I'm sorry to have you make that promise Minho."

"Ani hyung, it's fine. But something's off about Taemin. He promised he wouldn't fall in love with me but something changed still. He doesn't hate you though, maybe just me."

"Taemin wouldn't hate anyone for this" Amber said. "It's just that he's upset."

"But about what?"

"That there's someone that loves him that much as to the point Taesun makes a promise he'll be Taemin's first boyfriend. That you've been keeping from Minho, limiting him, hiding his true self."

We both blinked at her, wondering when she got so smart.

"There's nothing to do now" Taesun finally spoke. "He knows, the promise is still there, I'll introduce them soon."

The thought of Taemin falling for someone else made me flare up a little inside but I ignored it and just nodded.

"I'm sorry Minho" Taesun looked at me sadly. "I can see how much you like Minnie."

How much I like him? I don't like him at all..right?

After I left them to practice their duet for the testing within less than a week, I thought hard. How do I feel about that guy? Taemin..why do you have to be so damn cute. So innocent. So..someone I would fall in love with.

~Jonghyun POV~

"Nonono. That's all wrong." I sighed. "See, let's say..the building is on fire. Then, it's all impossible."

The diva in front of me shook his head and laughed with that famous attitude of his. "Wow, you're an idiot. What are the actual chances of that happening?"

"You don't know that" I scoffed, waving my fork at him. We were having dinner and arguing about stupid things as usual.

He had me doubled over with laughter at the smart things he said, and I made him clap and lean back with that cute chuckle of his whenever I said something funny.

People around us would give us weird looks at how wild and childish we were acting, and often, a friend or someone we knew would walk in, say hi, and tell us how weird we seem.

"Wow I am seriously going crazy" Key sighed as he wiped a tear away from his fits of laughter.

I smiled at him, I liked seeing him like this. Playful, fun, childish, spunky. I liked being with him.

I like him.

Earlier today, I'd finally accepted that fact when I saw him with Taemin and Onew at the ice cream shop.

They looked happy, Key was always flashing that grin around Jinki. That made me jealous. I felt like it should be me making him smile like that. Me, who met him first at this academy. Me, who was his first friend and helped him get used to life here.  Me, who gave him a kiss, just out of curiosity and found myself being drawn into him. This cute, y, caring, loud, outgoing, honest, confident..

I like him.

"Mkay" he said as he took a fry from the basket we were sharing. "You pick something to talk about now."

I started thinking about things to say in my mind when I thought of the question I'd been wondering for a while. I never asked him about it though, I'd thought he'd be offended somehow. But I let my curiosity get to the better of me.

"Do you like guys or girls?"

I expected him to look at me confused or awkwardly but he just shrugged casually. "It doesn't matter what gender they are. If I like them then I like them, boy or girl. It doesn't matter to me."

It doesn't matter? I nodded but on the inside I was secretly happy. I felt the same way, and I was relieved he did too.

When I told him it was his turn to ask a question, he tapped his chin thoughtfully,his finger resting just above his perfect pink lips. God, those lips. What I wouldn't give to just lean in right now and take them.

"What's your favorite song?"

The question took me by surprise and I opened my mouth to speak but then I had a change of heart and sat back again. "I don't know. I have too many that I like."

"So what's one?"

I made a list of ten songs I've loved since I heard them and chose the top. "Why Did I Fall in Love With You."

Hie eyes grew and sparkled, then he clapped, his eyes absolutely sparkling. "Omo that song! I love it so much too!"

I giggled at how cute he looked, practically fangirling over that song we both seemed to love so much. I made a mental note to add it to the growing list of things Kibum and I have in common.

When we were finally finished, we left the little diner to give the workers some peace. The autumn was settling in, giving the air a slight crisp and dying the leaves orange.

I walked with my hands tucked into my pockets, when I heard a small cute sneeze beside me.

Key shook his head and sniffled, then shivered. Immediately, I took off my jacket and wrapped it around him.

He sniffed once again and looked up at me quesioningly, his chocolate eyes curious.

"Don't get sick" I warned him as I patted his back. He smiled in appreciation but before he could get a word out, an obnoxious voice coughed from a few feet away.

"Gay."

He stopped in his tracks and looked down, upset. I whipped my head to the source of the annoying voice and found no other and G-Dragon.

GD had always been somewhat a bully, teasing other people but keeping his cool around his friends. Taeyang was one of them, but he was kind hearted and sometimes shy, yet still a player. They seemed so different, I'd have never thought they even knew each other.

The red dip dyed hair boy noticed my glare and smirked cockily, making my blood a little more at the guy who made my Kibum sad.

Well he wasn't mine, but still. "Excuse me?" I scoffed.

He pushed himself from the tree he was leaning against, walking towards us and a few of his sidekicks following.

He stood tall before us, a senior in our very presence was anough to make anyone cower but not me. If the gods had been nicer and allowed me to grow, I'd appear as cocky as he was.

He looked at Key who was still staring at his shoes, his face invisible to us. But then what happened next made my eyebrows furrow with anger and bite my lip to keep from shoving GD away.

He lifted the kitty's chin with his index finger and thumb, the younger not resisting his touch. His eyes looked so innocent, so cluless, and yet so afraid.

"Aren't you a cute little kitty cat" GD smirked.

"I'm sorry for what I just said, I didn't mean it to someone as fine as you."

My hand moved on its own as I pushed the older's away from my friend. "Leave him alone Ji Young."

He cocked an eyebrow. "And what're you gonna do bout it Jonghyun?"

We were almost nose to nose but then a tiny frame squeezed between us and pushed us away with his arms extending out.

"Stop." he said firmly, the innocence in his eyes clearly not there anymore, and instead, a diva glare.

He turned to GD. "I don't get why you said that just now, was it meant to insult me?"

It was a rhetorical question of course but he was stupid enough to even open his mouth. The diva waved his answer away, not bothering to listen to whatever it was. "Why is it bad? I like who I like and I'm sure you do too. There's nothing bad about it, is there? You have your share of people, I've seen you around with that big guy T.O.P. haven't I?"

He was smart this time and didn't move. Key huffed and turned to me, surprisingly grabbing my arm and latching onto it.

But then G-Dragon's smirk returned. "So Jonghyun, is this one your new target?"

Key's confidence physically dropped a bit as he loosened his grip. I frowned, not entirely understanding what this guy meant but assuming it wasn't good.

"Did you kiss him yet? I'm sure you have."

Those words caught us both by surprise, and he smiled triumphantly when he saw my pained face.

I was known for being the king of skinship but for him to bluntly say something like that right in front of someone I liked, it made me mad. I was about to step up and say something when the diva again beat me to it.

"Yes he has, got a problem with it?"

My heart jumped. He doesn't know, right? He doesn't know I stole a peck that one night. He's just saying that for the act. It's all an act, right?

But if it was, it was a very good one indeed.

In a quick movement, I felt his soft hands on the back of my neck, pulling me closer quickly, closing the space between us.

My lips touched his softly at first before full on, little electrifying sparks spreading throughout my body.

It was like a puzzle, and we had found each other, the missing piece. Did it feel this amazing before? That’s right, it has.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before he pulled away, bringing the both of us back to reality.

I stared at his beautiful face for a while before he whipped his head to GD.

"Now shut up and go home." he spat.

I was still dumbfounded by Key's sudden kiss that it made me frozen. The diva was practically dragging me until my feet obeyed and started walking on its own.

"Kibum..uh.."

"I was awake that time. And the other time, it wasn't a dream." he said it in one quick breath.

I wanted to ask what he meant when it hit me. He knows I kissed him. He knows I'd taken advantage of him and let my damn curiousity get to me.

But it's not just my stupidity that made me do it, it was my heart. Yet at those moments it wasn't. And you knew that.

Oh .

~Third Person POV~

The walk back to the dorm was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence or a comfortable silence, just a mediocre one. No one spoke a word all the way back.

Once the door was shut, the room flooded with awkward tension. Key set his bag on the countertop, his back to Jonghyun, his face invisible now.

The older shifted awkwardly, wondering what to do. His dongsaeng was going through his satchel, pulling out his phone and wallet and whatnot casually like nothing happened. But something did happen. And they need to talk about it.

"Key.."

"Hm?"

"I think we need to talk."

Kibum stopped shuffling through his items and stood frozen, still not turning to face his elder.

"I don't think we do."

Those very words fell on Jjong's shoulders and he took a step. "Key..-"

"What time do you want to be waken up tomorrow?" he interrupted, changing the subject. Jonghyun didn't want for him to turn away, he wanted him to come back. To stop running. But wasn't that what he was doing? Running from telling him? Well not anymore.

"Key, we need to talk." he stated firmly.

He didn't respond so Jonghyun took a breath and decided to speak again, though his impatience was beginning to ware thin. "We. Need. To-"

A loud slam stopped him from going further. The puppy jumped, and was surprised to see Key's palms face-down on the table, his back hunched over, and his head hung.

"No. We. Don't."

They both knew they had to. But the one protesting was the one who was too scared to.

Jonghyun was fed up with it. He his heel. "I'm going out then." and as loudly as Key had slammed his hands down on the table, he shut the door, leaving his slightly shocked and hurt love behind.

 

~Key POV~

My heart sank to my feet as my knees gave up and I slid to the ground, small tears escaping slowly, staring at the door my annoyed crush had stormed through.

He was stupid. I was stupid. But he was more so, because he was still clueless as to how I feel. A small whisper escaped my lips as I laughed painfully at how clueless he was. "."

 
--
Chapter 15~
 
This chapter features more Jongkey..I want to add in more 2min ><
And no, I don't hate G-Dragon D: I just needed a bully character.
I'm sosososo far from hating him. He's my favorite Kpop rapper <3 after BYG tho~
 
On another topic..if you're a hardcore JongKey shipper and somewhat a OnKey shipper and you think SeungKey (Seunghyun from FT Island) is cute [I do, they were in my last fic >w<] Then check out this AMAZING FANFIC.
 
Waking up without you.
 
It's my favorite. I literally cried my eyes out and I'm only up to chapter 14.
 
Well, anyways, one of my OTPs will be making an apperance in the next chapter!
They made a MINI apperance here but I just love them so much they'll be coming back.
 
And YunJae too~
Because y teachers can't be left out of a highschool story.
 
 
 
Anngyeong (^.~)