One hell of a first day

I'd Tell you I Hate you but then I'd be Lying

~Taemin POV~

I watched as the tall frog-like boy ran away until I couldn’t see him anymore.

I looked down at my hat that was filled with coins, bills, and even some checks or letters. I can’t believe he went through the trouble to get this back for me. But who was he?

“That was pretty good.”

The unfamiliar voice brought me out of my thoughts and I turned to see a tall man with styled dark auburn hair. He was wearing a dark business suit, but without the jacket, and was holding a cup of coffee in one hand. His expensive-looking glasses were perched just before the tip of his nose. He definitely looked like a teacher.

“Ah, kamsamnida.” I said softly. He smiled at me briefly before he sighed and pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on.

“Do you know that boy?”

“Aniyo.” I wish.

“Do you want to know him?”

“Excuse me?”

He took out his hand (the one without the coffee in it) and took mine, shaking it lightly.

“Anngyeong hasseyo, I’m Jung Yunho, the English teacher at Seoul Academy.”

My eyes nearly fell out of its sockets upon hearing the name of the prestigious school. I was actually talking to one of the teachers?

“Uh... Anngyeong hasseyo! I-I’m Lee Taemin, and yes I’m familiar with S.A. My umm-, er, best friend actually just transferred there a few days ago.” I did my best not to stutter but didn’t do such a great job with it.

Yunho-sshi’s eyes grew a little big. “Ah, really? Is it Kim Kibum?”

I blinked. “What? Yes, actually it is. How do you…?”

“He’s in my last period class, and one of my friends who’s also a student of the same age as Kibum is his roommate. He seems like a fine young man.”

I laughed in my head. Just wait until you see his diva side.

“Anyways” he continued. “I think you have potential to go to our school.”

Bwoh? Me? Is this a prank? “Ah, but I have no money.”

“That’s not a problem, we have a scholarship program.” He said simply. “But only if you are really talented. Which, I think you are.”

Are my ears betraying me?

He handed me a tiny card with different numbers on it. “That’s the school numbers: the main office, the attendance office, as well as my own. If you are interested, then feel free to call any one.”

I beamed brightly as I took the card excitedly. And without even knowing it, I threw my hands around Yunho-sshi.

“Thank you, thank you! Kamsamnida! It’s a big dream for me to attend S.A.!”

He laughed and patted my back. I gasped, thinking what was I doing? I quickly let him go. “Ah, sorry..”

He shook his head and smiled gently. “No, you just remind me much of my dongsaeng. Very cute and innocent.”

I pouted. “I am not cute.” I wanted to be manlier!

He shook his head and pulled my cheeks. “That face doesn’t convince me. Well, I shall see you later Taemin-ah. And don’t worry, I won’t punish Minho too bad for sneaking off campus grounds. Nothing new actually. But well, since it looks like he helped you, I’ll let him off the hook. He can thank you when you attend the academy.”

He waved and started walking away. I put up my hand to wave back when I thought about what he said. Minho? That was the name of that frog prince boy?

I smiled and repeated the name over and over in my head whilst pacing around the fountain. Minho, Minho, Minho.

I blinked and shook my head furiously. I didn’t even know him and yet, here I was, thinking of him so much.

I turned back to my stereo and blasted the music to a new song, soon moving my body to the music. I was way too excited about the thought of even the chance to attend S.A., that I was so stupid to forget that there was someone else there who I was both looking forward to seeing, and at the same time, I wasn’t. And there was the chance I will run into him now.

Hyung….

Please, at least tell me Key hasn’t run into him yet.

 

~Key POV~

I sighed heavily as the cold water ran down my body.

Morning practice with Taeyang hyung and Minzy had been harder than I had expected. They worked us nonstop to get every movement, every flick of our body in sync with the music.

I knew I couldn’t stay in the shower for a long time so I shut off the water and wrapped the borrowed towel around my waist before stepping out and changing quickly back into my uniform.

When I got out of the shower and changing rooms and back into the locker areas, I flicked Jonghyun with water that had still not dried off my hand.

“Yah” he pouted u at me. “Not nice.”

I stuck out my tongue. “Whatever. Did you shower yet?”

“Yeh. Dry your hair so we can go already, or we’ll be late.”

“Yessir.”

I rubbed the towel on my head roughly for a bit before blow drying it (with yet another borrowed item). I straightened it neatly and applied a bit of makeup to my face before turning back to Jonghyun who was sitting patiently, listening to music through his headphones.

“Jjong” I yanked an earbud out of his left ear, and he perked up.

“Huh? Oh, let’s go.” He swung his backpack over his shoulder and I followed him out the locker room, past Taeyang and Minzy who waved at us and wished me a good luck for my first day.

“Morning practice is tiring, huh” Jonghyun popped out as we walked to the school building.

“Mn? Oh yeah, it is.”

He nodded and smiled, then looked around, scouring over the heads of other students. “What’re you looking for?” I asked curiously.

He sighed and pulled out his phone. “My friend Minho. He sneaks off school grounds more than he is actually on them.”

“Really? He can do that?”

Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, no, hence the term ‘sneaks off’”

Before I got the chance to say something else, a crowd suddenly swept into and between the two of us.

“Kibum? You’re Kibum?”

“What’s your schedule?”

“How did you manage to get enrolled in the middle of the year?”

My ear were flooded with different questions from many different students. I tried to wriggle away, but there was no chance. I searched for Jonghyun and spotted him out the crowd, talking on his phone.

Blowing air into my cheeks, I pushed roughly past everyone and latched myself onto him. He flinched a bit, startled, but relaxed when he saw it was just me.

“They’re animals” I sighed as I tugged his hand to signal him that we should get moving before I was attacked by any more curious students. He chuckled as he bid Minho bye on the phone before tucking it into his pocket.

“No, they’re just surprised that someone can get into the school so late in the year.”

“It’s only December!”

“But, the second semester starts soon, so it is pretty late.”

I screwed my lips to the side. “Well, why are they so surprised?”

He shrugged as we stepped into a large building. “This school is pretty strict, remember. It’s hard enough to get in before the year, and even harder if it’s the middle.”

Huh. So that’s it. Some students came and asked me about myself, and I just answered and tried to stay patient, though it wasn’t that easy.

“My patience is wearing thin” I grumbled when Jonghyun asked why I looked about ready to kill.

He chuckled as he opened his locker, and I slowly opened mine, which was conveniently next to his. “Don’t be so mean to them. They’re just curious. It’s extremely rare for someone like you to be here.”

I pouted but kept my composure as we walked down the hall. Not many people came up to me this time, but I still felt cautious.

We entered a classroom that seemed twice as big as my old ones. I looked around in awe.

There were two chalkboards on the front wall, with little messages to the teacher that kids had scribbled while they waited for class to start.

About maybe thirty desks were evenly spaced, facing the chalkboards. The baskets under the seats were filled with thick textbooks. The teacher’s desk on the right side of the room was neat, with only a few stray papers laid out on the top and books left open to random pages.

On the other walls were posters of the maps of many different countries. Students bustled about the room, sitting atop desks talking freely or rushing to finish homework until the bell sounded and everyone sat down and shut up.

I stood awkwardly in the back with my notebook and pencil bag clutched tightly in my hands. Jonghyun left to his desk and looked back at me. I just gave him a look that said ‘where-the-hell-am-I-supposed-to-go’.

He laughed a little at how I, the almighty diva, looked so helpless. I shot him a look but he just pouted and smiled quickly before turning back around when a tall man with long styled black hair came in. He was wearing a purely white loose v-neck and dark skinny jeans. His rectangular glasses perched on the bridge of his nose made his eyes look bigger, and his ears were decorated with sterling silver cross earrings, with a matching one around his neck.

“Good morning class” he smiled at the students who grinned back and greeted the teacher as well.

I have to admit, I was surprised. The class actually liked the teacher? I mean, it was pretty understandable. He was good looking and smart and kind. The girls would swoon over him and the guys would look up to him (or swoon too).

He scanned the students, checking who was here and who wasn’t, until his eyes flickered to me and he smiled.

“Kim Kibum?”

I jumped a bit from how nervous I was. After all, this was the first day of school for me, and I was in the most prestigious school in all of South Korea.

“Y-yes, um…”

I wish I knew what his name was because I sounded pretty stupid standing here trying to talk to a stranger.

He just smiled again. “You can just call me Jaejoong-sshi. I don’t like being called Mr. Kim or anything.”

I nodded. “Jaejoong-sshi. Where do I sit?”

He looked to the many students and for some reason, his eyes landed square on Jonghyun. He smiled and pointed to the empty desk behind him.

“There is okay?” he asked as he pulled his glasses off. I wondered why he wanted me behind Jjong of all people, and why he smiled so excitedly at him, but I just nodded and sat where he was pointing.

Jonghyun turned and smiled cheekily at me. I rolled my eyes but smiled back and hit his head with my pen. “Yah, focus in class pabo.”

He pouted once again but turned around. I shook my head but smiled. This person…

It’s gonna be one hell of a first day.

 

~Taemin POV~

All through the school day, I kept zoning out, not listening or caring what other people said to me.

They asked about Key, I told them all the same thing, and they all gave me the same reply: “Oh, that .”

Of course it !

After the bell finally rang, I went back to my apartment and checked the mail, where an envelope was placed along with some clothing catalogs.

I took the letter inside and cautiously ripped it open, finding the money that my aunt sends me every other week to pay for food and clothes.

But unlike every other envelope, this week, there was also a note that was scribbled on a small sheet of blue paper. My heart swelled reading it.

“Taemin:
I hope you are doing well. I haven’t seen you in a very long time, and I know I must keep my promise to my sister when I said I’d take care of you. I hope this money is enough for you every other week, and if it isn’t, then you can just write back telling me so.
Also, we’ve received a letter from Taesun. He’s asking how you are. If you wish to write him back, you can, and just send it back here.

                                                                -Aunt Eunmi”

I bit my bottom lip. Why would Taesun want to talk to me? Didn’t he leave me all alone? Didn’t he practically say “I don’t want to be with you anymore” after he left without another word?

I frowned but decided to write back to my aunt. After all, she does think that I’m doing well.

I shivered when I remembered all she’s said about me dancing in the street.

“What? You’ve been dancing in the streets?”

“It makes you look unworthy of anything.”

“You don’t have to be professional, but at least don’t be filthy.”

“You’re old enough to take care of yourself. And if you’re not, ask Kibum to do it for you.”

I shook the memories from my head and remembered that I hadn’t told her Key left for S.A.

But maybe I shouldn’t tell her. What if she starts talking about Taesun again? I sighed heavily and collapsed on the couch after abandoning the desire to write back.

I stared at the plain white ceiling, thinking about that frog prince Minho. So, he goes to S.A., his teacher Yunho-sshi is also umma’s teacher, he’s tall, mysterious, kind, good-looking.

I blinked and shoved my face into a pillow. What was I doing? Is it normal to think so much about a complete stranger like this?

I covered my eyes with my wrist. Maybe I should write to Key umma. If Taesun is able to write to Aunt Eunmi, then I should be able to write to Key.

He told me I can’t call or text him because his phone only works for other S.A. students after the headmaster programmed it to do that.

I got so caught up in thinking about Key and Minho and every other important thing or person in my life that I hadn’t realized my eyelids were getting heavier until I gave in and let them shut, dragging me to a peaceful sleep.

 

~Amber POV~

After Key and Jonghyun left, I stayed behind for a bit to talk to Minzy because A: she’s one of my closest friends and B: I know for a fact that a certain someone stops by the dance studio after practice.

I looked around and leaned against the wall after changing. “Minzyyy walk with me to class?”

She had changed too and was just coming out the locker room. “Amber, Taeyang oppa is walking me today so you walk with you know who” she raised her eyebrows and dropped them suggestively.

I pouted but she just put her hand on her hip and cocked it. “Amber, I know for a fact that you just hang here after everyone’s left to talk to oppa.”

“Minji-“

Before I could protest any longer, the doors burst open and there stood just the guy I was hoping for. He gave me the brightest smile.

“Morning Amber, morning Minzy. Is Taeyang here?”

Minzy’s face crinkled into a smile and she elbowed me. “Let me go get him.”

She winked at me and ran to the boy’s locker room, pounding on the door telling Taeyang to hurry his up.

I twiddled my thumbs shyly and looked up through my eyelashes to look at my crush who was staring at me. I burst into a blush but it quickly faded away when I felt the comfy atmosphere.

“So, what’s up?” he asked as he walked over and stood by me, leaning against the wall too. I grinned.

“Not much, you?”

He sighed and looked down. “My baby brother hates me, I’m sure of it. I sent my letter to our aunt, asking her to let him know I hope he’s alright. But what are the chances he’ll write back? I just left him, and right when he was at his weakest.”

I frowned in symphany for my friend and slowly enveloped him into what was probably a well needed hug. He hugged back and took a deep breath.

“It’s not your fault” I said softly. “It wasn’t your choice to come here, right when your parents died. I’m sure your brother could understand, ne?”

“But he doesn’t know that I was practically on my knees begging the headmaster to let me stay with him.”

“So tell him that. I’m sure he loves you deep down. Who couldn’t?”

I gasped quietly when I realized what I’d just said. ‘Who can’t love you’? I wanted to catch my words, but they had already escaped my lips and into his ears.

He just squeezed me tighter. “Thanks Amby.”

I smiled gently and thought about the fact that I wouldn’t trade this moment for the world. “You’re welcome Taesun.”

 

--

Ch 5~^^
OMO i'm super sorry for not updating ><
I have my other fic, plus a buncha other stuff and i'm like OMG when did my life become so complicated?
And my writing seems like it's getting really bad :(

So, imagine my surprise when i found out Taemin had a brother in real life!
I found out a few months ago and i was like "Oh, hello".
Look at him!!

^You have to admit, he's pretty cute >w<

^I'm pretty sure he's the one w/o the mask

^Do you think he looks like Minnie?? :o

 

SO, just to say, i think i should point out how the other characters look in the story thus far

 

Amber:

 

Jaejoong:

 

Minzy:

 

Yunho:

 

Taeyang:

 

Okayy well, i think that's it.

Oh! No, it's not!


Actually, it would mean a lot if you guys would watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znLz3LYa2mA 

It's a video of me talking (well, not really 'talking') about DBSK and saying happy 8th anniversary and stuff.
And yes, you get to see what I look like.

It would mean a lot if you check it out! It was for a project on tumblr.

And, if you have a deviantart, I just made a new account that's gonna be all about KPOP.
Please check that out as well! >w<
Username is: ThirdTimeCharm

 

I'm done with shameless advertising so byebye ^-^

Subscribe+Comment and thanks a bunch for reading, ~!!

Until next time c;

Anngyeong (~.^)