The Right Decision Isn’t Always Easy

The Playlist Drabbles

#11 - Without by Years & Years

The Right Decision Isn’t Always Easy – Jin x You

Word Count: 276

 

“I won’t look back.” You whisper to yourself as you turn away from the sweetest boy you’ve ever known. He’s a trainee now and your love can only go so far. You know this. He knows this. Seokjin tries not to let go. You see it, with every blinking light of your phone indicating another message.

 

“Maybe I should change my number.” You tell your friends with downcast eyes. They see the tear stains but don’t comment. This was the decision you had made. It was the right thing. You knew this. He knew this too. Days passed, weeks, months, and years even. Breathing became easier, not so much a chore. Seokjin’s messages came to a stuttering halt. You needed that. He needed that.

 

Going to the first fan-meet was a hard decision but you wanted to support his dream. Your love was never a question. All his group mates were rowdy, bursting with nervous excitement. So was Jin. Until his eyes meet yours. It wasn’t planned but they always were drawn together. The casual chatter from the fans yelling responses to the boys stopped the moment Jin started singing. But this wasn’t Jin of BTS, it was Kim Seokjin, your sweet first love. “I could never be without you, no matter how hard I try. I kept counting the wrongs, following the marks you left but it always led me back to you.”

 

Tears streamed down your cheeks, gaze unwavering. You smiled and nodded, mouthing “I love you.” I’ll always love you but I can’t be with you. Those words unspoken but Seokjin understood and smiled his last smile only for you.